NFL to penalize for "over celebrating"

Ramp

Guest Juanky

Why must we penalize one of the best parts of the game.....if the purists don't like it, they can go to hell. Purists will watch anyways so why do you have to go out of your way to please them? You need to be marketing to the consumers who watch games to see endzone dances, celebrations, and sick plays. Not having the dance after the play seems to take away a bit from the play.

?I don?t follow the rules anyway." - Chad Johnson

owned but really does anyone think this guy is not going to celebrate they tried to cut it down last year and he just got wilder. Im just waiting for him to take the mic and get on the PA " I just scored a TD on you"

?I don?t follow the rules anyway." - Chad Johnson

owned but really does anyone think this guy is not going to celebrate they tried to cut it down last year and he just got wilder. Im just waiting for him to take the mic and get on the PA " I just scored a TD on you"

I would take the 15 yard penalty and like it in such a scenario.

All of Chad's celebrations are so fun, and there's such expectation for them now...

I mean, part of the fun of the game is waiting on him to score so we can all see what he does. I remember during the Christmas game he said he had a live reindeer and was going to bring it out. Well, then he scores and we were all like, "YES! YES! YES! YES! IT'S ON! DOUBLE ON! WE SCORED AND CHAD'S GOING TO CELEBRATE!" And the dude dug out a giant Christmas stocking and threw the fans t-shirts and stuff.

We ended up losing the game, but man, that dumbass celebration was fun as hell. I don't know why the league has a problem with this.

Guest ShaqandWade323

Thank God. If the NFL's about one thing, it certainly shouldn't be about entertainment.

:o

** Hopes that was a joke **

SEE: scarcasm

See: spellcheck

(sorry, had to do it)

Some of you are upset about this and that's fine. I personally don't give a crap. I don't watch the NFL for the dances, and the dancing neither adds to nor takes away from my enjoyment of the game. If I do have one problem with the dancing, it's that it takes away from discussion of what I actually care about and that's football.

I do think it's not a bad idea to elimintate the possibility that the dances get out of hand completely...there's no telling where this phenomenon was headed.

In any case, you haven't seen the end of elaborate endzone celbrations...you just won't see as many of them.

This rule doesnt pertain to me beacuse i watch for the game. But i think its stupid to take celebrating out of the game how else can we show emotion. Sometimes a slap in the face to the other team sends more of a message than slapping hands with your boys. I believe if you dont want me to celebrate than dont let me score simple as that

Some of you are upset about this and that's fine. I personally don't give a crap. I don't watch the NFL for the dances, and the dancing neither adds to nor takes away from my enjoyment of the game. If I do have one problem with the dancing, it's that it takes away from discussion of what I actually care about and that's football.

I do think it's not a bad idea to elimintate the possibility that the dances get out of hand completely...there's no telling where this phenomenon was headed.

In any case, you haven't seen the end of elaborate endzone celbrations...you just won't see as many of them.

Well said, I watch football only for the game which is entertainment enough. Leave the dancing and celebrations for the cheerleaders. I want to see football played as it was meant to be played. I mean please fair catch signals, no hard tackles on the quarterback, etc. Bring back the leather helmet days!! That was real football.

Well said, I watch football only for the game which is entertainment enough. Leave the dancing and celebrations for the cheerleaders. I want to see football played as it was meant to be played. I mean please fair catch signals, no hard tackles on the quarterback, etc. Bring back the leather helmet days!! That was real football.

I doubt you've ever seen leather helmet football.

No thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.