Loria Interview

Stag5

Anyone see Loria being interviewed on Sunday's game? What was with his sour look and short answers? When he was asked what he wanted to say to the fans at the stadium he said "buy tickets." He just had a pissed off look and tone to his voice we have not heard before.

Maybe I am reading into things but I think he met with MLB.....I think they have basically let him know he is not going to S.A.. I think he knows that S. Florida called his bluff and the fact is MLB wants us more than we (S. Fla..not the fans) need them. More than ever I think we may eventually see the Marlins sold.

Guest Festa

I saw this and thought Loria ddn't look to happy. Loria didn't look to happy during the Houston series either.

IF the deal gets done at Hialeah Heights look for Armando Codina to buy the club if Loria wants to sell. He owns the land the county or city want to purchase at HH. It would be a similar situation to what Wayne owns surrounding Dolphin Stadium.

Anyone see Loria being interviewed on Sunday's game? What was with his sour look and short answers? When he was asked what he wanted to say to the fans at the stadium he said "buy tickets." He just had a pissed off look and tone to his voice we have not heard before.

Maybe I am reading into things but I think he met with MLB.....I think they have basically let him know he is not going to S.A.. I think he knows that S. Florida called his bluff and the fact is MLB wants us more than we (S. Fla..not the fans) need them. More than ever I think we may eventually see the Marlins sold.

What a rude jackoff. *Waits for Rferry to come to Loria's defense*

I continue to feel that MLB may force Loria's exit as Marlins owner soon. Fact is when you have Codina and Cisneros lining up to buy the team, a ballpark within view, and a good television contract for the long-term....all you need is the proper local owner.

MLB may force this issue soon. Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks is a very good friend of Cisneros.

I saw the interview, and all I heard was a newcomer of the Marlins broadcast team ask very soft questions to the team owner, to someone who has the power and influence to fire him if he asks any difficult or embarrassing questions. That's all. If you read anything into that, I think you are reaching. As far as Loria's answer as to what he wanted to say to the fans at Dolphin stadium, what he gave was a non-committal short answer. I did not expect anything else of him at that time in a between-batter interview in the middle of the inning.

Guest Festa

I continue to feel that MLB may force Loria's exit as Marlins owner soon. Fact is when you have Codina and Cisneros lining up to buy the team, a ballpark within view, and a good television contract for the long-term....all you need is the proper local owner.

MLB may force this issue soon. Texas Rangers owner Tom Hicks is a very good friend of Cisneros.

Is Cisneros a US citizen? I ask this because a few weeks ago I read somewhere MLB made Rupert Murdoch become a US citizen before he bought the Dodgers.

Is Cisneros a US citizen? I ask this because a few weeks ago I read somewhere MLB made Rupert Murdoch become a US citizen before he bought the Dodgers.

Rupert was a US citizen before he bought the Dodgers. MLB has no such requirement that I am aware of. No clue on Cisneros, but Codina is a US citizen.

Rupert was a US citizen before he bought the Dodgers. MLB has no such requirement that I am aware of. No clue on Cisneros, but Codina is a US citizen.

I believe Mr. Cisneros is either in the process or wants to become a US citizen so that he can have a larger stake in Univision. By law only American citizens can own more than 12.5% of a major media outlet. Cisneros owns 12.5% of Univision and would like to own more.

It's a shame not every team can have a super rich owner like some other ones. Hell he/she doesnt need to be super rich just rich enough to take a hit every one and a while like the first couple seasons with the marlins. my idea about keeping a successful franchise especially a baseball one, is longevity. you simply cannot work at it for just over a decade then give up, especially when there have been several owners and more than one fire sale... how many teams can say that?

Speaking the truth. I wasn't able to see the interview but I believe that if Loria just doesn't have the desire to keep pushing like MLB will do then he should sell the team. More revenue could be produced from Cisneros and it would help uplift the franchise. This is for the best of the Marlins ball club.

Speaking the truth. I wasn't able to see the interview but I believe that if Loria just doesn't have the desire to keep pushing like MLB will do then he should sell the team. More revenue could be produced from Cisneros and it would help uplift the franchise. This is for the best of the Marlins ball club.

he would probably make everything more fan-friendly, like the new Rays ownership has. and he'd probably give a damn about getting a stadium down here.

exactly, and he would bring that latin feel that some fans desire. it would be a fresh start to a fresh ball club. every once in awhile we need to shake things up. with Loria, its been long over due.

Maybe we could have the electric atmosphere of the WBC with a section of the stadium having some fans with drums and such. Have them go nuts every game. Make the stadium fan-friendly and distinctively Miami.

exactly, and he would bring that latin feel that some fans desire. it would be a fresh start to a fresh ball club. every once in awhile we need to shake things up. with Loria, its been long over due.

Maybe we could have the electric atmosphere of the WBC with a section of the stadium having some fans with drums and such. Have them go nuts every game. Make the stadium fan-friendly and distinctively Miami.

:notworthy that would be GREAT! I'll bring the drum my family and I picked up while in Peru :D :shifty :thumbup

What a rude jackoff.

Seriously.

This is what Gillette said about the Marlins and their owner:

Matt (Miami, FL): You have to admit for a bunch of rookies fighting for a roster spot, my Marlins looked pretty decent. Any chance of them making it to .500?

SportsNation Gary Gillette: (4:35 PM ET ) That would be a huge surprise, but I was impressed by the Marlins in the spring--impressed, that is, enough to think they won't lose 100 games and that they have enough talent to rebuild quickly if they get an owner who cares and who has enough capital to run the club like a major league team should be run.

SportsNation Gary Gillette: (4:36 PM ET ) So, lots of luck so long as Loria/Samson are in charge...

Nate (Houston): On the topic of Loria/Marlins, why was this guy given the Marlins after he drove the Expos into the ground. This is a debacle that is rarely talked about!

SportsNation Gary Gillette: (4:57 PM ET ) Not because of me--I've talked and written about it constantly. The Boston-Florida-Montreal deal was so corrupt that it reminded me of the syndicate baseball olf the 19th century.

SportsNation Gary Gillette: (4:58 PM ET ) Not the same thing, but I never thought we'd get anything like MLB picking the owners of the Red Sox, allowing one owner to have an interest in three teams simultaneously, and then loaning money to another owner who couldn't afford to buy the club he wanted, and then having MLB own a fourth club. Unbelievable, inexcusable, and a few other choice words...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=11348

I think he's 100 percent correct.

What the hell does Loria expect from the fish,does he want them to win every game??if he does then he better start taking some money out of his fat f***ing ass..or sell the damn team..as long as we can keep Admin Beinfest(with a new owner) and get rid of Loria i'll be hella happy..I think we're ready for a new owner,Loria= :thumbdown

it would be a fresh start to a fresh ball club. every once in awhile we need to shake things up. with Loria, its been long over due.

loria hasnt even been the owner for 5 years and you already want a fresh start? ... he won a championship, brought in fresh known faces to the franchise and you are saying that that he's long over due for a change?

the marlins need stability not a new owner every 3 years