Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Would Be The Most Crushed If (Fill in the blank) was traded.

Featured Replies

The Train

 

 

In light of the market correction, it would be a massive kick in the gut if he was traded.

 

Yes, I know this is baseball and its a business but enough is enough. You have to give the fans something to grasp.

 

Your vote?

At this point I don't think anyone being traded would 'crush' me. They've traded all my favorite players away before and probably will again so it's kind of to be expected.

At this point I don't think anyone being traded would 'crush' me. They've traded all my favorite players away before and probably will again so it's kind of to be expected.

 

 

Same here. Trading guys like Beckett and Lowell hurt the most for me.

If Beckett was 0-3 with a 10.87 ERA would everyone be saying the same think?? Guy has won his first three starts, BIG DEAL!! You think he would be 3-0 with us?? Of course not... Beckett is gone, get over it..

 

Im not saying that I dislike him, hes not Burnett, I do love Beckett and he will always be in our history but hes not a Marlins anymore so forget about it!

 

As for the question I would say Cabs, not my favorite Marlins and hes off to a slow start but the leadership he showed on Sunday against the Nationals shows that hes a big part of this team, win or lose...

If Beckett was 0-3 with a 10.87 ERA would everyone be saying the same think?? Guy has won his first three starts, BIG DEAL!! You think he would be 3-0 with us?? Of course not... Beckett is gone, get over it..

 

Im not saying that I dislike him, hes not Burnett, I do love Beckett and he will always be in our history but hes not a Marlins anymore so forget about it!

 

As for the question I would say Cabs, not my favorite Marlins and hes off to a slow start but the leadership he showed on Sunday against the Nationals shows that hes a big part of this team, win or lose...

 

 

Well, Big Tex was my favorite player. Still is. If D-Train goes away I'll be upset but we will get something incredible in return. As I've said, if he goes home to Oakland Billy Beane will compensate nicely. Cabs is a bonafide superstar, and I'd also be upset if he leaves, but nothing compares to Beckett...it didn't really sink in until it came time for opening day and he wasn't on the mound...and it sucks to watch him go out there every 5th day and wear the uniform of a different team.

Well, Big Tex was my favorite player. Still is. If D-Train goes away I'll be upset but we will get something incredible in return. As I've said, if he goes home to Oakland Billy Beane will compensate nicely. Cabs is a bonafide superstar, and I'd also be upset if he leaves, but nothing compares to Beckett...it didn't really sink in until it came time for opening day and he wasn't on the mound...and it sucks to watch him go out there every 5th day and wear the uniform of a different team.

 

 

Completely agree that it sucks to see him in Bean-town RED but I mean its apart of the sport.. We arent like other teams who try to buy players and win everything every year... We do it the right way.. Can't critize the trade yet because we dont know if HanRam, Sanchez will turn out.. If they help produce another ring in 4-5 years is it still a bad trade??

 

In my opinion its better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late.... Of course that doesnt work all the time look a D.Lee.. But I mean come on you think we would have been able to afford 65 MIL contract???

Why do we need these kinds of threads over and over and over?

 

It seems like everyday there's something new to drag us down. It's enough already.

Why do we need these kinds of threads over and over and over?

 

It seems like everyday there's something new to drag us down. It's enough already.

 

 

:thumbup Agree...

Well, Big Tex was my favorite player. Still is. If D-Train goes away I'll be upset but we will get something incredible in return. As I've said, if he goes home to Oakland Billy Beane will compensate nicely. Cabs is a bonafide superstar, and I'd also be upset if he leaves, but nothing compares to Beckett...it didn't really sink in until it came time for opening day and he wasn't on the mound...and it sucks to watch him go out there every 5th day and wear the uniform of a different team.

 

 

Completely agree that it sucks to see him in Bean-town RED but I mean its apart of the sport.. We arent like other teams who try to buy players and win everything every year... We do it the right way.. Can't critize the trade yet because we dont know if HanRam, Sanchez will turn out.. If they help produce another ring in 4-5 years is it still a bad trade??

 

In my opinion its better to get rid of a guy a year early than a year late.... Of course that doesnt work all the time look a D.Lee.. But I mean come on you think we would have been able to afford 65 MIL contract???

 

I never said it was a bad trade, I said it's hard to see my favorite player, formerly of my favorite team, play for someone else.

 

I have a HanRam jersey and it's not like I'm sitting holding a Beckett Build a Bear everynight and crying myself to sleep.

I have a HanRam jersey and it's not like I'm sitting holding a Beckett Build a Bear everynight and crying myself to sleep.

 

 

:plain I have a Luis Castillo Build-A-Bear. Well he just happens to have #1 on his jersey.

I root for the front of the jersey, not the back. They can trade them all, and I'd still be a Marlins fan.

 

 

:notworthy :notworthy

juan pierre was pretty hard for me to see leave...willis and cabrera would obviously be the hardest to see leave now.

Part of me wants them to trade Miggy and D-Train. They deserve better than to be on this abomination. They deserve to be on competitors. I'll still root for the Marlins unconditionally though. I just don't care who is or isn't traded.

I root for the front of the jersey, not the back. They can trade them all, and I'd still be a Marlins fan.

 

 

:notworthy :notworthy

 

 

QUOTE OF THE YEAR :thumbup

I root for the front of the jersey, not the back. They can trade them all, and I'd still be a Marlins fan.

 

Amen.

It would prolly suck the most is Miguel was traded. It would suck if Dontrelle was traded too but I think Olsen is a future ace...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.