Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Willis to Yanks

Featured Replies

"They are going to move Willis, but they would likely want (Robinson) Cano and (Phil) Hughes from the Yankees," an NL talent evaluator said of the Marlins.

 

 

an NL "talent evaluator"?? :lol

 

fancy way of saying scout? Anyway, I still think the best trading partner would be the Athletics if we decide to trade him, he's a hometown boy there, and Beane would likely overpay. Barton, Kotsay, Windsor and/or Suzuki.

"They are going to move Willis, but they would likely want (Robinson) Cano and (Phil) Hughes from the Yankees," an NL talent evaluator said of the Marlins.

 

 

an NL "talent evaluator"?? :lol

 

fancy way of saying scout? Anyway, I still think the best trading partner would be the Athletics if we decide to trade him, he's a hometown boy there, and Beane would likely overpay. Barton, Kotsay, Windsor and/or Suzuki.

 

Kotsay is to expensive/overrated, Barton is a stud, Windsor is not much of a prospect, and Suzuki is alright.

 

The A's are not much of a much. Our best match is either the Dodgers or Angels

 

Dodgers

Chad Billingsley-must

Russ Martin- must

and 1-2 of the following(Matt Kemp, Joel Guzamn, Greg Miller, Jonathan Broxton, Balke DeWitt, Sott Elbert)

 

Angels

Jeff Mathis-must

Howie Kendrick or Brandon Wood-must

Nick Adenhart or Tommy Mendoza

It's not going to happen -- there are definitely teams that could easily beat out the Yanks with prospects (especially the Angels). Besides, the best piece of that is Hughes and the Marlins are pretty stacked in terms of pitching prospects. And I personally don't want to see either him and Cano go anywhere -- and the Yankees have more use for both players than the Marlins do.

 

That said, I really really don't think the Marlins are going to trade Willis. At all.

"They are going to move Willis, but they would likely want (Robinson) Cano and (Phil) Hughes from the Yankees," an NL talent evaluator said of the Marlins.

 

 

an NL "talent evaluator"?? :lol

 

fancy way of saying scout? Anyway, I still think the best trading partner would be the Athletics if we decide to trade him, he's a hometown boy there, and Beane would likely overpay. Barton, Kotsay, Windsor and/or Suzuki.

 

Jesus Christ.

 

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. When have the words 'Billy Beane' and 'overpay' ever existed in the same sentence, other than in your twisted world, Spike...as it is, that trade is less desireable than the Yankees likely Cano/Hughes/Duncan swap. Barton's the only player worth something in the trade. Kotsay's contract negates his value and Suzuki may simply be a backup catcher for his career.

I wouldnt mind Cano and alot of money to pay for the stadium gap. If they threw in 20 million or whatever and we ended up getting a stadium because of it, I think that would be a great deal.

I wouldnt mind Cano and alot of money to pay for the stadium gap. If they threw in 20 million or whatever and we ended up getting a stadium because of it, I think that would be a great deal.

 

The thing is we dont need Cano we got Uggla and Andino working at 2nd im not big on andino though

Your laughing now but just wait,,, Sampson will tade him for a shiney quarter,, what's happenning to my marlins?!?!

 

 

;)

 

:beer ?

That's a good one......ferry, is that really you? Doesn't sound or gramatically look like something you'd say. Maybe you should lay off the ale a bit.

.

.

.

.And for those proposing some kind of trade involving money...it's not allowed by MLB. And I've said it before and I'll say it again, Willis is not getting traded until a stadium deal is signed, sealed, and delivered......and I don't think he'll be traded even then.

"They are going to move Willis, but they would likely want (Robinson) Cano and (Phil) Hughes from the Yankees," an NL talent evaluator said of the Marlins.

 

 

an NL "talent evaluator"?? :lol

 

fancy way of saying scout? Anyway, I still think the best trading partner would be the Athletics if we decide to trade him, he's a hometown boy there, and Beane would likely overpay. Barton, Kotsay, Windsor and/or Suzuki.

 

Jesus Christ.

 

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. When have the words 'Billy Beane' and 'overpay' ever existed in the same sentence, other than in your twisted world, Spike...as it is, that trade is less desireable than the Yankees likely Cano/Hughes/Duncan swap. Barton's the only player worth something in the trade. Kotsay's contract negates his value and Suzuki may simply be a backup catcher for his career.

only when its "Billy Beane just got .... to overpay for ..."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.