New stadium and attendance.

Hollyberry

:banghead

Just say the Marlins just announced today that they are going to get a stadium. 100% sure. Do you think the attendance will go up this year? and keep going up in the next few year?

Oh and the first season they are in their stadium do you think the games will be sold out?

This is not meant to be a debate thread but just your opinion. It's kinda a slow night without the Marlins on t.v. so I decided to ask this question.

very slow night with no marlins game. this sucks lol

but yea i think fan interest would increase if the marlins announced a stadium and obviously so would payroll. the attendance would be sold out some games, i would go as far to say ALL games considering the stadium would prolly sit about 38,00 - 40,000. as the years go on and the marlins keep improving it would go up though, especially if the ballpark becomes fan friendly and not such a launching pad.

Holly....new stadiums generally attract crowds, the first year at least. Hopefully, they would sell out the skyboxes and sell 15-20 thousand season tickets, mainly the good lower seats to corporate people. I wouldn't expect sell out crowds. I wouldn't expect a total attendance greater than 1993, and that year you could get a good seat for just about any game you wanted at the last minute. And after the bloom is off the rose after the first 2-3 years, I still think it's going to take another 10-15 years for this market to have respectable attendance. We need people of your age to have children so they can bring little Holly's to the game.

Holly....new stadiums generally attract crowds, the first year at least. Hopefully, they would sell out the skyboxes and sell 15-20 thousand season tickets, mainly the good lower seats to corporate people. I wouldn't expect sell out crowds. I wouldn't expect a total attendance greater than 1993, and that year you could get a good seat for just about any game you wanted at the last minute. And after the bloom is off the rose after the first 2-3 years, I still think it's going to take another 10-15 years for this market to have respectable attendance. We need people of your age to have children so they can bring little Holly's to the game.

I am not planning on having kids for awhile ;) I gotta find myself a man first. :plaindance .

Should be easy for you Holly. You're good looking, and you're into sports big time. That automatically qualifies you as ML desirable for about 99.9% of the men out there. Just find one you like. And if you think you like baseball now, just wait until you watch your child playing in T-ball, or that first day when they look at you at a Marlins game you bring them to and say, "I never realized how green the grass was, how beautiful the field is."

Should be easy for you Holly. You're good looking, and you're into sports big time. That automatically qualifies you as ML desirable for about 99.9% of the men out there. Just find one you like. And if you think you like baseball now, just wait until you watch your child playing in T-ball, or that first day when they look at you at a Marlins game you bring them to and say, "I never realized how green the grass was, how beautiful the field is."

This is turning into a "Find Holly a man thread" :lol . Desirable for old guys. Whenever I go to a ST game all the old guys (Over 60) come and talk with me :barf . When I have a baby (Hopefully not for a long time) his/her going home outfit is going to be Marlins gear :loser .

I am not planning on having kids for awhile ;) I gotta find myself a man first. :plaindance .

OMG, the tests came back negative?

THANK GOD, no abortion.

Crisis averted.

Nothing will bring fans out in Miami.

Anyone watch the Heat playoff game tonight? Visibly empty seats near the court. Seats are sold, but not filled. It's so unpredictably bad that the Heat have fans wear white shirts and then turn the seats white to make the arena look more filled than it is.

So, to answer your question, no fans will not show up more this year because the product on the field is no more desireable than it was 24 hours before the stadium announcement, nor will fans show up at a new ballpark if this product is put on the field. If the Marlins pull a Phillies and start spending new ballpark money before moving in (like they did on Thome) then fans will probably show up.

We all also need to understand that the Marlins receive close to $60 million in revenue sharing money, with a new stadium, most of that is going to go away, and Jeffrey Loria isn't exactly the wealthiest of sports owners, the team will be lucky to see a payroll that comes close to last season's total...that doesn't bode well for attendance either.

Guest Festa

LMAO....you can tell you've done your research. Forbes estimates the Marlins can play in the $85-90M dollar range once they get a new stadium.

When the Marlins can sell seat licenses they will have repectable crowds for a long time.

LMAO....you can tell you've done your research. Forbes estimates the Marlins can play in the $85-90M dollar range once they get a new stadium.

When the Marlins can sell seat licenses they will have repectable crowds for a long time.

That involves putting trust in Jeffrey Loria...been there, done that.

In fact, the announcement of a stadium deal that's locked in would bring about a noticable increase in tickets sales among two parties - corprorate and individuals who believe becoming season ticketholders now will eventually pay off from a seat selection standpoint when the Marlins open a new, substantially smaller stadium.

Swift btw is way off when it comes to the revenue sharing number he thinks evaporates. The only part that will disappear is that which comes from luxury tax sharing, the Marlins share of Fox and ESPN won't change, not other broadcast rights, merchandising, etc.

Guest Festa

That involves putting trust in Jeffrey Loria...been there, done that.

Loria has shown he can spend money when he wants to. He has proven he wants to build a winner. You cannot deny that. The two teams he has owned he hasn't been allowed to do that because the the stadium situations.

ya it would increase. didn't loria say if we got a stadium worked out the payroll would shoot back up? if so the attendence would increase greatly. the first couple of games in the new stadium would be sold out, if we had a good team-(one with a normal sized salary) we would probably sell them out.

You know Holly, I am available.

Never seen a picture of you Holly, have you posted one on this site? If so where?

:mischief

You know Holly, I am available.

:whistle

ya it would increase. didn't loria say if we got a stadium worked out the payroll would shoot back up? if so the attendence would increase greatly. the first couple of games in the new stadium would be sold out, if we had a good team-(one with a normal sized salary) we would probably sell them out.

Yea, Loria did say that, but as one frequent ownership apologist poster on these boards recently said, Loria can say things and doesn't have to mean it and that is OK, because he is a great owner. Just look at his track record.

So, you see, it doesn't matter what he says.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.