Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Renderings of the Stadium Surface

Featured Replies

Only because he linked something to the Marlins Ballpark News page. :mischief

 

TMBN did a preview months ago and than did another about two months ago. You can see it here: http://capefish.blogspot.com/2006/02/ballp...ign-review.html

 

But most of these are new.

 

http://www.brendtoconnell.com/Marlins.html

 

 

 

First renderings of the building inside I have ever seen.

 

 

 

Is that a Teal Tower I see in left? :mischief

 

 

 

The Teal Tower outside.

 

It would be a damn shame if this beauty isn't built.

 

BTW, using the PowerPoint presentation the SA people made for Loria and Samson when they went to Houston we can tell that the park will have similar dimensions to Dolphins Stadium including the Teal Tower.

I really do think its a very cool design, and I'd love to see it built. Also no way in hell I'd want that built in SA though. Doesn't fit this city. But it'd be awesome anywhere else (to me).

I really do think its a very cool design, and I'd love to see it built. Also no way in hell I'd want that built in SA though. Doesn't fit this city. But it'd be awesome anywhere else (to me).

 

 

Yeah, I agree this design doesn't fit in with the architecture in Texas. This would look perfect in Miami though. All the new buildings downtown looks like this.

I really do think its a very cool design, and I'd love to see it built. Also no way in hell I'd want that built in SA though. Doesn't fit this city. But it'd be awesome anywhere else (to me).

 

 

Yeah, I agree this design doesn't fit in with the architecture in Texas. This would look perfect in Miami though. All the new buildings downtown looks like this.

 

Yeah damn shame it won't be built in downtown Miami. It's still going to look incredible off of 75 and the turnpike though. :thumbup

I really do think its a very cool design, and I'd love to see it built. Also no way in hell I'd want that built in SA though. Doesn't fit this city. But it'd be awesome anywhere else (to me).

 

 

Yeah, I agree this design doesn't fit in with the architecture in Texas. This would look perfect in Miami though. All the new buildings downtown looks like this.

 

Yeah damn shame it won't be built in downtown Miami. It's still going to look incredible off of 75 and the turnpike though. :thumbup

 

:mischief :mischief :mischief

Isn't this still related to the aborted Orange Bowl plan? I don't think this was designed with Hialeah in mind. :unsure

 

 

Yeah, but in all likelihood it will be the one used in Hialeah.

Isn't this still related to the aborted Orange Bowl plan? I don't think this was designed with Hialeah in mind. :unsure

 

 

Yeah, but in all likelihood it will be the one used in Hialeah.

 

 

What makes you think that ? An opinion, or something a Hialeah official might have said/hinted ?

Yeah, I agree this design doesn't fit in with the architecture in Texas. This would look perfect in Miami though. All the new buildings downtown looks like this.

 

 

Yeah, I was thinking that and remembering what downtown looked like when I was there in February. It'd be a great fit down there. Might look out of place at the Hialeah site depending on what they build around it.

I think it would be cool to incorporate some of the surroundings to it much like Petco, Camden and other parks have done throughout the years though. Although at this point, do we really care what the stadium is going to look like in a neighborhood? :mischief2

Isn't this still related to the aborted Orange Bowl plan? I don't think this was designed with Hialeah in mind. :unsure

 

 

Yeah, but in all likelihood it will be the one used in Hialeah.

 

 

What makes you think that ? An opinion, or something a Hialeah official might have said/hinted ?

time and money..

 

we've run out of both.

Isn't this still related to the aborted Orange Bowl plan? I don't think this was designed with Hialeah in mind. :unsure

 

 

Yeah, but in all likelihood it will be the one used in Hialeah.

 

 

What makes you think that ? An opinion, or something a Hialeah official might have said/hinted ?

time and money..

 

we've run out of both.

 

:thumbup

 

These things aren't cheap to design.

I really do think its a very cool design, and I'd love to see it built. Also no way in hell I'd want that built in SA though. Doesn't fit this city. But it'd be awesome anywhere else (to me).

 

 

Yeah, I agree this design doesn't fit in with the architecture in Texas. This would look perfect in Miami though. All the new buildings downtown looks like this.

 

Yeah damn shame it won't be built in downtown Miami. It's still going to look incredible off of 75 and the turnpike though. :thumbup

 

So the stadium will be able to be viewed from the turnpike and I-75???

This design is what has been described to me as Metropolitan South Florida. Breezeways reinforced with a steel-and-glass structure with elegant curves and lighting. The new Nationals ballpark in Washington will have a Metropolitan DC design similar. The actual layout of the proposed Marlins Ballpark is shared with the proposed Twins Ballpark, but the Twins opted for Retro rather than Metro.

 

Speaking of the devil: http://www.brendtoconnell.com/Nationals.html

Fish Tank Frenzy...good Lord - who are those chicks in your sig???

 

Wow...

 

:blink:

honestly, i'm not all that impressed with it.

 

it's too closed-off and domelike. the exterior almost resembles that of an indoor arena. it's such a copout...they could have been so much more creative with the outside of that thing.

 

the final product might look nice from the inside, but i'm not convinced that a futuristic bubble of a ballpark would be anything worth gawking at from the outside.

I thinks its awesome! The Mechnical Fish is brilliant, IVE been saying to do that all along!

 

what are you referring to?

I thinks its awesome! The Mechnical Fish is brilliant, IVE been saying to do that all along!

 

what are you referring to?

 

I read this somewhere:

 

A mechanical jumping Marlin will be located down the right field line.

How can anyone even discuss the stadium???!!!!!!

 

THOSE CHICKS ARE FREAKIN HOT!!!!!!!!

 

 

My god.

 

 

but for whats it worth the stadium kind of looks like something out of a Terminator movie.....

I would kind of dig something that was more of a throwback stadium

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.