PLAN A and PLAN B

FreshFish

Plan A

Florida Senate passes the bill tomorrow (60million rebate). We can all celebrate and get drunk in the weekend and be done with the uncertaindy once and for all. I think the 60 million state rebate guarantees a stadium somewhere in South Florida

Plan B

Florida Senate doesn't pass the bill. Lets give Robaina some more time and we will probably see an announcement before May/15.

I like the odds. Stay tunned

"The Marlins have had so many dips from the well we do not need to help them," Sen. Michael Bennett, R-Bradenton. "Anyone who can afford $90 million to have a guy throw a ball can build his own stadium."

They have? And who is the $90 million dollar pitcher he's reffering to? :rolleyes:

"The Marlins have had so many dips from the well we do not need to help them," Sen. Michael Bennett, R-Bradenton. "Anyone who can afford $90 million to have a guy throw a ball can build his own stadium."

They have? And who is the $90 million dollar pitcher he's reffering to? :rolleyes:

I hope it's not Herges. :D

New Yorker mentality. He thinks Pedro Martinez is in our team

I hope it's not Herges. :D

:laughpurple

Plan A

Florida Senate passes the bill tomorrow (60million rebate). We can all celebrate and get drunk in the weekend and be done with the uncertaindy once and for all. I think the 60 million state rebate guarantees a stadium somewhere in South Florida

Plan B

Florida Senate doesn't pass the bill. Lets give Robaina some more time and we will probably see an announcement before May/15.

Why wasn't this the lead story on the 11 o'clock news ? Are you sure about this ?

People, how credible is this person that started the thread ? (I'm serious -- I'm too new here to know if this is real or not)

Plan A

Plan B

Why wasn't this the lead story on the 11 o'clock news ? Are you sure about this ?

People, how credible is this person that started the thread ? (I'm serious -- I'm too new here to know if this is real or not)

Herald, Sun-Sentinel, AP and local tv news have all reported it.

Plan A

Plan B

The link is the Sun-Sentinel

Plan A

Plan B

He did leave out that the House also has to pass it(they did pass a similiar bill last year) and that Gov. Jeb has to sign the bill(he seemed to be in favor of it last year).

What's more disturbing is the attitude of that last guy.....it will pi** me off to no end if they turn down the Marlins, and yet when the Devil Rays come calling for $ 60 million in a few years for a new stadium (they have to get one -- the Trop is a DUMP !) and he votes for them to have the tax break. It will show the absolute disdain they have for So Fla -- except when they have their hands out when we send our tax $$$ to Tallahassee.

Plan A

Plan B

Thanks guys -- I reading it and pinching myself -- can it all be true ?

Can our legislatures in Tallahassee just for once take a look at the big picture and get this thing passed?

We'll see, but the Republijerks usually do what is the opposite of what is good for Florida, and of course they control both houses in Tally.

Plan A

Plan B

He did leave out that the House also has to pass it(they did pass a similiar bill last year) and that Gov. Jeb has to sign the bill(he seemed to be in favor of it last year).

true. but the big hurdle has always been the Senate. I think if it passes the Senate we can breath. Either way, I feel confortable about a deal being landed soon with State or no State money

Plan A

Plan B

true. but the big hurdle has always been the Senate. I think if it passes the Senate we can breath. Either way, I feel confortable about a deal being landed soon with State or no State money

I agree....but we've seen enough roadblocks through the years that you always have everything covered. The encouraging thing, IMO, is Tom Lee is letting it come to a vote. Last year, he wouldn't because(in his opinion) the votes weren't there. Hopefully the votes are there this year and he knows it....

I agree....but we've seen enough roadblocks through the years that you always have everything covered. The encouraging thing, IMO, is Tom Lee is letting it come to a vote. Last year, he wouldn't because(in his opinion) the votes weren't there. Hopefully the votes are there this year and he knows it....

Great observation

I want to be optimistic about this, but I can't.

What's to keep all the northern Florida rednecks from voting against it again this year?

What's different this year ?

Could it be that they now realize that we could indeed lose the Marlins to SA if they don't help out? Did they finally realize that the Marlins will pay a hell of a lot more to the state in taxes (even with a rebate) if they stay in Florida?

Couldn't be this simple, could it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.