May 4, 200620 yr I hate to be the pessimist, but Samson said that even with the 60 million, that won't cover the gap. He basically said the biggest issue at hand is gaining support of the state. Like we're some f*ckin nerd that wants approval from the cool group. I hated the way he phrased things in that article. Pisses me off a lot. It's almost as if he's already preparing to tell everyone that more money is required and that the subsidy is just a stepping stone. I'm just waiting for the comment..."We're close now. Just need a little more money."
May 4, 200620 yr Author I hate to be the pessimist, but Samson said that even with the 60 million, that won't cover the gap. He basically said the biggest issue at hand is gaining support of the state. Like we're some f*ckin nerd that wants approval from the cool group. I hated the way he phrased things in that article. Pisses me off a lot. It's almost as if he's already preparing to tell everyone that more money is required and that the subsidy is just a stepping stone. I'm just waiting for the comment..."We're close now. Just need a little more money." what do you want Samson to say? That they have all the money? If they say that, then they won't get a penny
May 4, 200620 yr I hate to be the pessimist, but Samson said that even with the 60 million, that won't cover the gap. He basically said the biggest issue at hand is gaining support of the state. Like we're some f*ckin nerd that wants approval from the cool group. I hated the way he phrased things in that article. Pisses me off a lot. It's almost as if he's already preparing to tell everyone that more money is required and that the subsidy is just a stepping stone. I'm just waiting for the comment..."We're close now. Just need a little more money." what do you want Samson to say? That they have all the money? If they say that, then they won't get a penny I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State?
May 5, 200620 yr Author Del Castillo comments on today's show (Descarga Deportiva): - State money not a deal breaker - Don't lose any sleep if there isn't a positive vote on the Senate
May 5, 200620 yr I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State? Because he is Samson -- he doesn't know how to be anything other than what he is.
May 5, 200620 yr I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State? Because he is Samson -- he doesn't know how to be anything other than what he is. Sounds to me like he doesnt want to stay in Fl. Or at least he doesnt want to go with the only viable option on the table right now (Hialeah). JDC is starting to sound like a lone voice in the wilderness on this deal.
May 5, 200620 yr I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State? Because he is Samson -- he doesn't know how to be anything other than what he is. Sounds to me like he doesnt want to stay in Fl. Or at least he doesnt want to go with the only viable option on the table right now (Hialeah). JDC is starting to sound like a lone voice in the wilderness on this deal. Sounds to me like you don't have a freakin clue what you are talking about. Do not be upset that the Marlins are not going to set up shop in SA. Get over it already. Move on.
May 5, 200620 yr I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State? Because he is Samson -- he doesn't know how to be anything other than what he is. Sounds to me like he doesnt want to stay in Fl. Or at least he doesnt want to go with the only viable option on the table right now (Hialeah). JDC is starting to sound like a lone voice in the wilderness on this deal. Sounds to me like you don't have a freakin clue what you are talking about. Do not be upset that the Marlins are not going to set up shop in SA. Get over it already. Move on. Keep telling yourself that in an effort to convince yourself that your emotions are correct. If you were ever able to remove yourself from the emotions of this situation and look at it objectively you would see a much different picture. The Marlins wont meet the judge's deadline of May 15th. But......it has never been said that it was a deadline for anything other than putting it on the November ballot. The Judge wont put it on there unless he is 100% sure that the backchannel opposition (Spurs) has no chance to defeat the referendum. The Marlins could (and in my opinion likely will) call in September or October and then the Judge will have a full year to prepare for the election. Again....there aint nobody in favor of Hialeah with the exception of a few Hialeah politicos looking to advance their own political career. The Marlins and MLB will never move to Hialeah. There would be absolutely no stability for the franchise with such a move. The Marlins are likely giving the appearance of exhausting every option to stay in Fl. But it is only for appearance sake. After all, they can announce they are moving to SA in October and they could fit the crowds they have been drawing at Dolphins Stadium into the AA stadium in SA. What was the attendance on Tuesday night? 6,600? Check the Missions website....they drew 6,300 on Tuesday for a day game. By the way.....nice personal attack.
May 5, 200620 yr I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State? Because he is Samson -- he doesn't know how to be anything other than what he is. Sounds to me like he doesnt want to stay in Fl. Or at least he doesnt want to go with the only viable option on the table right now (Hialeah). JDC is starting to sound like a lone voice in the wilderness on this deal. Sounds to me like you don't have a freakin clue what you are talking about. Do not be upset that the Marlins are not going to set up shop in SA. Get over it already. Move on. Keep telling yourself that in an effort to convince yourself that your emotions are correct. If you were ever able to remove yourself from the emotions of this situation and look at it objectively you would see a much different picture. The Marlins wont meet the judge's deadline of May 15th. But......it has never been said that it was a deadline for anything other than putting it on the November ballot. The Judge wont put it on there unless he is 100% sure that the backchannel opposition (Spurs) has no chance to defeat the referendum. The Marlins could (and in my opinion likely will) call in September or October and then the Judge will have a full year to prepare for the election. Again....there aint nobody in favor of Hialeah with the exception of a few Hialeah politicos looking to advance their own political career. The Marlins and MLB will never move to Hialeah. There would be absolutely no stability for the franchise with such a move. The Marlins are likely giving the appearance of exhausting every option to stay in Fl. But it is only for appearance sake. After all, they can announce they are moving to SA in October and they could fit the crowds they have been drawing at Dolphins Stadium into the AA stadium in SA. What was the attendance on Tuesday night? 6,600? Check the Missions website....they drew 6,300 on Tuesday for a day game. By the way.....nice personal attack. Use your own advice... :whistle
May 5, 200620 yr Again....there aint nobody in favor of Hialeah with the exception of a few Hialeah politicos looking to advance their own political career. First thing you have ever said that I agree with.
May 5, 200620 yr I don't think it's necessary at all that he says anything abut the gap. Why not just focus on the issue at hand and be thankful for the 60 million from the State? Because he is Samson -- he doesn't know how to be anything other than what he is. Sounds to me like he doesnt want to stay in Fl. Or at least he doesnt want to go with the only viable option on the table right now (Hialeah). JDC is starting to sound like a lone voice in the wilderness on this deal. Sounds to me like you don't have a freakin clue what you are talking about. Do not be upset that the Marlins are not going to set up shop in SA. Get over it already. Move on. Keep telling yourself that in an effort to convince yourself that your emotions are correct. If you were ever able to remove yourself from the emotions of this situation and look at it objectively you would see a much different picture. The Marlins wont meet the judge's deadline of May 15th. But......it has never been said that it was a deadline for anything other than putting it on the November ballot. The Judge wont put it on there unless he is 100% sure that the backchannel opposition (Spurs) has no chance to defeat the referendum. The Marlins could (and in my opinion likely will) call in September or October and then the Judge will have a full year to prepare for the election. Again....there aint nobody in favor of Hialeah with the exception of a few Hialeah politicos looking to advance their own political career. The Marlins and MLB will never move to Hialeah. There would be absolutely no stability for the franchise with such a move. The Marlins are likely giving the appearance of exhausting every option to stay in Fl. But it is only for appearance sake. After all, they can announce they are moving to SA in October and they could fit the crowds they have been drawing at Dolphins Stadium into the AA stadium in SA. What was the attendance on Tuesday night? 6,600? Check the Missions website....they drew 6,300 on Tuesday for a day game. By the way.....nice personal attack. Use your own advice... :whistle I have.....and I have also learned from experience on how to discern fact from media spin. And that is what I base my statements on. It may not be what you want to hear.......but mine is a voice of reason.
May 5, 200620 yr you NOT GOING GET MARLIN gave it up i read your newpaper their already gave up even Judge say he donot see marlins move to your city maybe you can get new team when and if mlb expend to more team but marlin wont be one that move their(((stop coming here to marlin baseball putting this trash here get a life))
May 5, 200620 yr you NOT GOING GET MARLIN gave it up i read your newpaper their already gave up even Judge say he donot see marlins move to your city maybe you can get new team when and if mlb expend to more team but marlin wont be one that move their(((stop coming here to marlin baseball putting this trash here get a life)) Why do I feel like the duck on the AFLAC commercial after he listened to Yogi Berra, after reading this? Seriously hombre........how is anything I post here going to have an effect one way or another? The reason I come here is to get up to date news. And yes.....some of it is worth reading....but most of it is fans that desperately want to keep their team.....and I respect that immensely. That is why I dont engage in personal attacks despite the fact that virtually anything I post results in a personal attack. But really I dont care......lots of pinche tough guys behind keyboards. I actually find it kind of amusing. Especially given the fact that I am closer to the people that are actually involved in this process than, I hazard to guess, anyone on this board.
May 5, 200620 yr you NOT GOING GET MARLIN gave it up i read your newpaper their already gave up even Judge say he donot see marlins move to your city maybe you can get new team when and if mlb expend to more team but marlin wont be one that move their(((stop coming here to marlin baseball putting this trash here get a life)) Why do I feel like the duck on the AFLAC commercial after he listened to Yogi Berra, after reading this? Seriously hombre........how is anything I post here going to have an effect one way or another? The reason I come here is to get up to date news. And yes.....some of it is worth reading....but most of it is fans that desperately want to keep their team.....and I respect that immensely. That is why I dont engage in personal attacks despite the fact that virtually anything I post results in a personal attack. But really I dont care......lots of pinche tough guys behind keyboards. I actually find it kind of amusing. Especially given the fact that I am closer to the people that are actually involved in this process than, I hazard to guess, anyone on this board. Hey, maybe San Antonio will get another minor league affiliate when all is said and done. We know you wants your baseball down in the heart of Texas. It is the least MLB could do. Hey, Nolan Ryan and The Judge could go in as joint partners on that. Sounds like a win-win situation.
May 5, 200620 yr may be you are that judge want this team so badly that you not going get . gave it up so you say in press that white flag have been post out side city hall i bet you read alot miami newpaper like i do too your san antonio express paper so wait ontill mlb baseball expand to more team and you can have party but not for marlins
May 5, 200620 yr may be you are that judge want this team so badly that you not going get . gave it up so you say in press that white flag have been post out side city hall i bet you read alot miami newpaper like i do too your san antonio express paper so wait ontill mlb baseball expand to more team and you can have party but not for marlins I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I'm starting to understand your posts.... Most likely SA will have a committment from either an NFL or an MLB team by 2010. So I'm not overly concerned with any particular team. I personally would rather have an expansion team, and NFL is more likely to expand if they are as obsessed with LA as they have been now that Tags is retiring. I think MLB would be better for SA though NFL wouldhave a much better reception.
May 5, 200620 yr you should not put your hope with marlin if you remember what judge say we got use to get deal in miami
May 5, 200620 yr may be you are that judge want this team so badly that you not going get . gave it up so you say in press that white flag have been post out side city hall i bet you read alot miami newpaper like i do too your san antonio express paper so wait ontill mlb baseball expand to more team and you can have party but not for marlins I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I'm starting to understand your posts.... Most likely SA will have a committment from either an NFL or an MLB team by 2010. So I'm not overly concerned with any particular team. I personally would rather have an expansion team, and NFL is more likely to expand if they are as obsessed with LA as they have been now that Tags is retiring. I think MLB would be better for SA though NFL wouldhave a much better reception. I dont know that the reception for the NFL would be quite what you think it is. For one thing, either the NFL or MLB is going to require a new stadium. The Judge is on record as saying that it makes more sense to build a $300 million dollar facility for a franchise that will brings 81 event days than a $700 million dollar facility for a franchise that brings 10 event days. I am not sure a stadium with that type of price tag would be palatable to the voting public.
May 5, 200620 yr The difference is that a new NFL stadium will bring a Super Bowl to SA. The economic impact of a SB out bids anything MLB can bring, 81 games or not. As well avg ticket prices are about 8 times higher for football games. The NFL TV contract >>>>>>>>>>> MLB anything.
May 5, 200620 yr Our chances are the best they have ever been as long as it put to a vote...they can always table it aside...lets just hope!...Is there anyway We can sue Wayne for 60 million?...What an Ass! its his fault We are in this mess Hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.