Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Borchard is the Messiah

Featured Replies

He is an awesome clubhouse guy, fierce competitor and has talent. Pitch selection kills him but if he gets ahold of a pitch, it's gone. He doesn't do anything stupid and he is very easy to root for. I really hope he figures it out because he could really do something. He has 4 tools, if he figures out the fifth watch out.

 

Anyone that really likes baseball pulls for a Joe Borchard.

 

FWIW

Any of the Joe G haters want to give Joe G a pat on the back for the 2 games we just won on the road?

Any of the Joe G haters want to give Joe G a pat on the back for the 2 games we just won on the road?

 

Yea, it was smart move to score 11 runs. Way to go Joe G!

Any of the Joe G haters want to give Joe G a pat on the back for the 2 games we just won on the road?

 

Yea, it was smart move to score 11 runs. Way to go Joe G!

 

Well, he didn't lose the 6-5 nailbiter from the day before.

 

I will say this, Joe was uncharacteristic in saving his best bullet off the bench (Hanley) for the 9th inning, maybe he's learning...

It's like the Billy Koch move kinda. If he can figure things out, terrific. If not, no harm done.

I like that Billy Koch reference :thumbup

Any of the Joe G haters want to give Joe G a pat on the back for the 2 games we just won on the road?

 

Yea, it was smart move to score 11 runs. Way to go Joe G!

 

 

So let me get this straight...........When they score a lot of runs it has nothing to do with Joe G........

 

But when they dont score runs its all his fault? Laughable.

 

 

:boxed

 

:headscratch

 

:kicknutz

Check out J&B's statline just one year after being drafted, playing in Double-A -

 

27 doubles, 27 Home runs, 98 RBI's , .295 BA , .384 OBP, .509 SP.

 

Not bad at all, eh ?

Joe Borchard has been a strong addition to our lineup...the whole team is hitting better...I just can't wait for Hermida to be back because with him healthy we will finally have major league outfield...if and when Jacobs starts hitting other teams will start worrying when they see the Florida Marlins on the schedule. Borchard should be fine this whole season in CF with Koolaid as the backup...Aguila will still be our 5th outfielder

I have been charged by a good friend/White Sox fan to revive Borchard's nickname:

 

Light Tower Power (LTP for short).

 

Go forth and spread the good word!

the only LTP is Jason Stokes!

 

that and I would like to see some power from JoBo

the only LTP is Jason Stokes!

 

that and I would like to see some power from JoBo

 

 

ask & ye shall receive. That was a pretty good power display on the 3-run jack. He had to reach out to get that one, & still powered it over the wall. :thumbup

the only LTP is Jason Stokes!

 

that and I would like to see some power from JoBo

 

 

ask & ye shall receive. That was a pretty good power display on the 3-run jack. He had to reach out to get that one, & still powered it over the wall. :thumbup

*still wants more power*

SS Ramirez

RF Hermida

3B Cabrera

C Willingham

2B Uggla

LF Borchard

1B Jacobs

CF Abercrombie [/ C Olivo]

SS Ramirez

RF Hermida

3B Cabrera

C Willingham

2B Uggla

LF Borchard

1B Jacobs

CF Abercrombie [/ C Olivo]

 

 

 

Daddy likeeeeeee!!!!!

 

:arms

SS Ramirez

RF Hermida

3B Cabrera

C Willingham

2B Uggla

LF Borchard

1B Jacobs

CF Abercrombie [/ C Olivo]

 

 

 

Daddy likeeeeeee!!!!!

 

:arms

I'll pass.

 

I hope I never see Willingham catch another game (emergencies aside). The risk/reward ratio just isn't there.

 

As for Borchard vs Abercrombie vs Reed (only as a late inning defensive specialist), right now, I just don't know. Someone has to go down when Hermida returns, I would guess most here agree it has to be Reed.

 

Have we seen Borchard in CF? The ESPN fielding stats suggest no, but they may not reflect defensive moves ala his move from RF to LF last night in the ninth. I honestly can't remember.

I don't think Borchard has been in CF for us yet, but he's played all 3 OF positions before.

 

 

& I'm all for RFerry's idea.

 

The plan was to at least find out whether Josh could be a major league catcher or not, & that question hasn't been answered yet.

I wouldn't like Willingham to be a 120-35 game catcher either, but give him a shot and play the hot bats!

I never want Willingham to play catcher. No sense putting our second best bat at such a risky position. He's fine in LF.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.