Bush: Best moment as president was catching a largemouth bass

^_^

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...orld&id=4151563

May 7, 2006 - President Bush says his best moment as president was the time he caught a 7 1/2-pound largemouth bass.

During his more than five years in office, Bush has traveled the world's most impressive cities, met with world leaders and entertained celebrities.

But when the German newspaper Bild asked him to name his best and worst moments as president, Bush gave an offbeat answer about the best moment, while giving a more predictable response about his worst.

"The most awful moment was September the 11th, 2001," Bush said, adding that it took time to understand the depth of the terrorist attacks on the United States. "I would say the toughest moment of all was after the whole reality sunk in and I was trying to help the nation understand what was going on, and at the same time, be empathetic for those who had lost lives."

Bush admitted it was not easy to pick a best moment because "I've had a lot of great moments," according to a transcript of the Friday interview released Sunday.

"I would say the best moment was when I caught a 7 1/2-pound largemouth bass on my lake," Bush said, laughing.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

It's obvious he was joking, hell the article even stated "Bush said, laughing."

You guys really need to stop taking things so literally.

I blocked out that part, because even thinking about Bush laughing makes me feel ill. The guy has the world's worst laugh...

"Uheh heh. Uheh heh"

Guest marlins02

he laughing on the outside, crying inside. personally im not taking a shot at him, im just saying the last 5+ years have been f***ed up due to various reasons.

*opens the floor for the liberals and conservatives to bash each other while i step out and watch*

he laughing on the outside, crying inside. personally im not taking a shot at him, im just saying the last 5+ years have been f***ed up due to various reasons.

*opens the floor for the liberals and conservatives to bash each other while i step out and watch*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*goes nuts ripping out hair while talking about abortion/anti-gun problems*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

*goes nuts ripping out hair while talking about abortion/anti-gun problems*

*laughs at everybody*

The last 5 years or so has been like living in this constant nightmare that just seems to get more and more unbelievable by the day.

Yeah, being able to take home more of your paycheck and keep more of your hard earned money is such a horrible thing!

The last 5 years or so has been like living in this constant nightmare that just seems to get more and more unbelievable by the day.

Yeah, being able to take home more of your paycheck and keep more of your hard earned money is such a horrible thing!

I don't think anybody minds that....

but I believe Das was thinking more along the lines of other issues.

Yeah, but at what cost?

I mean, yeah it's great to have that extra 2% of your paycheck, but there are just so many social programs being cut that I can't really see how it's justified.

I love when republicans criticize those damn, dirty "tax and spend" liberals, and then turn around and become "Cut and spend". Let's face it, the only thing conservative about the modern republican party is their style of clothing.

Yeah, but at what cost?

I mean, yeah it's great to have that extra 2% of your paycheck, but there are just so many social programs being cut that I can't really see how it's justified.

I love when republicans criticize those damn, dirty "tax and spend" liberals, and then turn around and become "Cut and spend". Let's face it, the only thing conservative about the modern republican party is their style of clothing.

The sad thing about that is, the majority of Republican voters never even consider that. :o

Yeah, but at what cost?

The sad thing about that is, the majority of Republican voters never even consider that. :o

Well, the reason's the republicans I personally know have given me are these:

Homosexual marriage

Terrorism

Bill and Hillary

and of course

Democrats raising taxes.

omgwtfgaysohno!!!

You forgot to add that Republicans fear the evil liberal media conspiracy/cabal.

It should be plainly obvious that Bush is not a true Republican. Instead, he is some crazy hybrid that bloats the federal budget, shoots up the deficit, and ignores all rational advice. I'm sure Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave right now.

A good point in the thread to put in an article on what a dem agenda would be if they controlled the house:

.. would roll back a provision in the Republicans' Medicare prescription drug benefit that prohibits the Department of Health and Human Services from negotiating prices for drugs offered under the program.

....would vote to fully implement the recommendations of the bipartisan panel convened to shore up homeland security after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks

.... would reinstate lapsed rules that say any tax cuts or spending increases have to be offset by spending cuts or tax increases to prevent the federal deficit from growing.

...vote to raise the minimum wage for the first time since 1997.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6050601336.html

The first three should be universaly accepted by dems, republicans, liberals, and conservatives if you ask me. The final one would be controversial but hell yeah the dems should do it. It's their gay marriage issue and you damn well bet they are going to use it as much as possible...plus I agree with it.

The fact that this President (who has wanted in the past to appear strong on national security) has not followed through with the 9/11 Commission's findings is unacceptable. Even worse, this administration has attempted more than once to oursource our national security to other countries.

A Democrat-controlled House needs to start taking away all of those tax breaks to oil companies that Bush and Cheney have issued the past 6 years. Special interests have almost certainly doubled their power and influence in Washington over the past 5-6 years now. I've never seen it this bad.

Big damn deal. So I walk home with an extra 5 bucks. *Yawn*

I know the almighty dollar is the most important thing out there, but sometimes there are things that are more important long term than a few bucks you put back into your pocket thanks to ole Dubya.

But then again you have the mindset of worry about today, the hell with tomorrow with this administration.

I know the almighty dollar is the most important thing out there, but sometimes there are things that are more important long term than a few bucks you put back into your pocket thanks to ole Dubya.

But then again you have the mindset of worry about today, the hell with tomorrow with this administration.

I don't know what kind of work you do Das, but for those of us with *real* jobs and savings, we're taking home a little more than 5 extra bucks.

President Bush says his best moment as president was the time he caught a 7 1/2-pound largemouth bass.

Given the man's credibility, I'd bet the bass was really only one and a half pounds.

Remember, no one died when Clinton lied!

I don't know what kind of work you do Das, but for those of us with *real* jobs and savings, we're taking home a little more than 5 extra bucks.

Yeah, and it's all going to your friendly, local service station now charging $3.50 a gallon. Whoop-de-doo.

LMAO this thread is one big liberal orgasm.

LOL! I was thinking along those lines myself. I keep thinking, yep, because of the invasion of Iraq we're paying $3 (here in town)/gallon instead of about $2.90 at the pump. And we really need that minimum pay raise that only helps union workers (from first hand experience having been working at minimum wage during a hike, and just above minimum wage at another, it doesn't help those people). Oh yeah, and it's nice to suggest making sure the budget stays balanced and the deficit doesn't grow, but the way that was phrased we'd never get out of debt.

That being said, Bush is unfortunately a big government republican (remember the days when that didn't exist) who needs to allow some of his tax cuts to be repealed, quit this constitutional amendment declaring some people inferior bs, etc.

Meanwhile it would be nice if the Dems acutally allowed more refineries to be built, and open up the area designated for oil drilling around 1980 to drilling, etc. And most importantly actually found some unity within the party so that people actually know what Democrat means again.

this is all you need to know.....

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS!!!!

Liberal haha.....who cares what they think and their fake polls. They are in the minority. :whistle

LMAO this thread is one big liberal orgasm.

I agree :thumbup

Remember, no one died when Clinton lied!..................

No one would have died had Clinton killed Osama Bin Ladin instead he let him walk 4 times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.