we should

take advantage of the mets situation maybe trade moeler and someone else and try and snag milledge

Why would the Mets need an ineffective pitcher? I'm sure they can find somebody in their system that's up to the job (of being ineffective that is).

They are in denial...if they think that starting rotation is good enough to win a world series. Outside of Pedro, it is possibly one of the worst in baseball. Outside of Wagner and Pedro, their entire pitching staff is complete garbage.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printedition...ny-sports-print

their media is dumb and still thinks willis is for trade

They are NY media and just think they can make up anything and it will come true. :beer :cheers :drunks

I'd welcome a Willis for Wright trade.

Then what do you do with Cabrera ? 1st base ?

They are in denial...if they think that starting rotation is good enough to win a world series. Outside of Pedro, it is possibly one of the worst in baseball. Outside of Wagner and Pedro, their entire pitching staff is complete garbage.

That's why no matter how many games they win in the regular season, come the playoffs if they have this rotation, they will falter. Remember come the playoffs you're only playing against the better teams.

uhh...Duaner Sanchez? Aaron Heilman? Tom Glavine? Chad Bradford?

yes, they need a SP, why do you always have to be an idiot and exaggerate?

Because I am not exaggerating.

you said their entire pitching staff is garbage outside of pedro and wagner. I named 4 guys that're performing very well on their pitching staff outside of pedro and wagner. there you have exaggeration defined. if you can stop this, you may have a shot at losing the idiot tag.

Willis is going to be traded to the mets in a deal that brings milledge back to the marlins. Our gaping hole is in CF and the mets need starting pitching with two starters going on the DL early.

I understand we need a CF'er but I really hope we don't trade Dontrelle. I rather have the Marlins trade some minor league guys for him. Trading him is going to be a big slap in the face for Marlins fans.

Because I am not exaggerating.

you said their entire pitching staff is garbage outside of pedro and wagner. I named 4 guys that're performing very well on their pitching staff outside of pedro and wagner. there you have exaggeration defined. if you can stop this, you may have a shot at losing the idiot tag.

Performing well in one month does not a good staff make. The Mets have a bunch of average pitchers, at best.

Anyone else think Milledge is terribly overrated? He may become a solid player, but I don't see multiple all stars for him (especially if he doesn't play in New York, where the media won't be pushing him down people's throats). I could see him becoming a nice Cliff Floyd, Carl Everrett, Rondell White type player. I think Moises Alou would be his top side.

Anyone else think Milledge is terribly overrated? He may become a solid player, but I don't see multiple all stars for him (especially if he doesn't play in New York, where the media won't be pushing him down people's throats). I could see him becoming a nice Cliff Floyd, Carl Everrett, Rondell White type player.

he's had some real good numbers in the minors so far

Anyone else think Milledge is terribly overrated? He may become a solid player, but I don't see multiple all stars for him (especially if he doesn't play in New York, where the media won't be pushing him down people's throats). I could see him becoming a nice Cliff Floyd, Carl Everrett, Rondell White type player. I think Moises Alou would be his top side.

No. He will be one of the best CF in baseball by 2009-10. He's everything you want in a player. He's right up there with the kids in Arizona.

No. He will be one of the best CF in baseball by 2009-10. He's everything you want in a player. He's right up there with the kids in Arizona.

Are we 100% sure he is going to be? I don't want to trade Dontrelle and then we get some dude who is going to be average kwim?.