KOOL AID

Fallen Apple

Hypothetically, if Reggie gets to keep his job when Hermida comes back, and plays the entire season, why would anyone expect that to be a good thing?

Even if he manages .250 and 15HRs (doable) he would likely have a .700 OPS, which would only make him one of the worst everyday OF hitters in the majors.

I want our guys to do well also, but I am pretty sure that we have no CF answer in our organization.

Probably the worst thing that can happen to this organization is to get duped into seeing this guy hit 490 ft. HRs, and to think that he could "project" into a great CFer. I don't care if he gets his average up to .250, etc. He still looks lost in a majority of his ABs. He still makes bad defensive decisions. He still strikes out too much. He does not "project" into the type of player you build around...like Hermida, Hanley, Jacobs, Willingham, etc. Considering our depth of pitching prospects that we could use to snag a top CF prospect, and our current willingness to allow positional players to actually develop in the big leagues, it would be a shame not to go out and grab a real prospect if the situation arises.

And, I like Borchard better too.

I'd play Abercrombie over Borchard anyday but they both deserve PT.

Reggie is coming into his own. Abercrombie used to tear up the minors and would regularly get 2-3 hits per game.

He could develop into another Preston Wilson/Reggie Sanders type player. Keep giving him ABs....Anything .250 or better is a plus for this guy.

I like him better than Encarnacion.

And, I like Borchard better too.

Why because he is a re-tread prospect that has never amounted to anything in the majors?

Because he has better actual (and projected) numbers over a third of the ABs that Reggie has. He has a strong arm, and so far has played a pretty good RF. I have nothing bad to say about him, and I wonder what kind of numbers he'd have if he had 100 ABs...perhaps enough to put this Reggie talk to bed.

I don't think Borchard is the long-term answer either...BUT, as I said before, he's better than Reggie.

Reggie is coming into his own. Abercrombie used to tear up the minors and would regularly get 2-3 hits per game.

WHEN? Seriously, 1/2 of a season in A ball at 24? He blows. There is no reason to expect anything from him based upon anything other than he looks like a ballplayer. I want to the Marlins to have a good CF, he ain't it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.