Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Heat to play home games during Marlins homestand

Featured Replies

June 13, 15, and 18 are the only 3 Heat home games of the Finals. (June 18 does not interfere timewise with Marlins becasue its a Sunday)...how will those games effect attendence numbers for the Marlins? I'm assuming that there will be the lowest crowds of the year at least for those days. How did other teams attendence do when the Marlins played playoff games for a comparison?

 

I'm going to the Marlins game on the 13th becasue its my birthday...dad's not too happy!

Every game the Heat are playing will affect attendance. And quite frankly I don't mind because South Florida needs to support the Heat right now. But yeah, if the Heat weren't playing and the crowds were in the 7,000 range, I'd be pissed.

Every game the Heat are playing will affect attendance. And quite frankly I don't mind because South Florida needs to support the Heat right now. But yeah, if the Heat weren't playing and the crowds were in the 7,000 range, I'd be pissed.

Agreed bro right now the Heat are doing something special of their own and have the city buzzin. I'm hoping once basketball season is over the baseball attendance numbers spike up a bit in South Florida, but I'm not holding my breath. :whistle

To be honest I dont think it effects the attandance at all.. Heat tickets were hard to come by so its not like people are going to go to the Heat game..

 

Not sure, the marlins havent announced it, but I do think they will show the heat game on the screen in the middle of every inning like they did with the Panthers when they were in the Stanley Cup

To be honest I dont think it effects the attandance at all.. Heat tickets were hard to come by so its not like people are going to go to the Heat game..

 

Not sure, the marlins havent announced it, but I do think they will show the heat game on the screen in the middle of every inning like they did with the Panthers when they were in the Stanley Cup

 

People going to Heat games (20k maybe) are barely a blip compared to the number of people watching it on TV.

To be honest I dont think it effects the attandance at all.. Heat tickets were hard to come by so its not like people are going to go to the Heat game..

 

Not sure, the marlins havent announced it, but I do think they will show the heat game on the screen in the middle of every inning like they did with the Panthers when they were in the Stanley Cup

 

People going to Heat games (20k maybe) are barely a blip compared to the number of people watching it on TV.

 

Def. TV ratings down here will be out the roof!

I'm going to a game June 15th. For me, Marlins > Heat (Yes, even if they are in the NBA finals.)

 

 

 

:notworthy :notworthy

 

Im pullin for the Heat of course and have been to serval games this season including the playoffs but Marlins > Heat anyday of the WEEK!

There is no way in any context that a regular season Marlins game in June is more important to me than the NBA Finals

There is no way in any context that a regular season Marlins game in June is more important to me than the NBA Finals

 

 

Not sure what Rachel was talking about in what view.. But I didnt mean watching it, I meant as a fan in general. For example if one team had to leave the city between the Heat and the Marlins I would pick the Heat without even thinking.

 

I know that a Marlins regular season game compares nothing to first time in franchise NBA finals game...

June 13, 15, and 18 are the only 3 Heat home games of the Finals. (June 18 does not interfere timewise with Marlins becasue its a Sunday)...how will those games effect attendence numbers for the Marlins? I'm assuming that there will be the lowest crowds of the year at least for those days. How did other teams attendence do when the Marlins played playoff games for a comparison?

 

I'm going to the Marlins game on the 13th becasue its my birthday...dad's not too happy!

 

 

the 13th is my birthday too! :D

I've got season tickets for both and believe it or not I did choose the Marlins a few times over the Heat in the playoffs, but not the finals.

 

My Marlins seats'll be available for the conflicting dates, I just need to figure out when/how before I post listings so just keep in mind that there'll be really good seats available for a good discount when there's a Heat conflict.

Not sure what Rachel was talking about in what view.. But I didnt mean watching it, I meant as a fan in general. For example if one team had to leave the city between the Heat and the Marlins I would pick the Heat without even thinking.

 

I know that a Marlins regular season game compares nothing to first time in franchise NBA finals game...

 

I would rather watch baseball than basketball is what I meant. I'm just a baseball chick, I guess. I can watch a basketball game anyday but baseball is my life. Marlins regular season game > NBA finals for me.

 

If the Marlins aren't playing that day, I will probably watch some games.

i am rooting for the heat but if it comes between the heat playing mavericks in game 7 or the marlins playing a meaningless game against the pirates , i'll be watching the Marlins .

I love my marlins so I will be with the remote in hand all night those days but if I had to choose just one it has to be the heat in the finals.

 

As for affecting the attendance, the people going to the heat games is just a portion. Most casual Marlins fans will rather stay at home and watch the heat than going to the Marlins game even though they're playing well.

I'll be watching the heat on TV and watching the Marlins during commercials. I'll still be able to games (finally!!!) other days in June.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.