David Ortiz

Guest ShaqandWade323

Guest ShaqandWade323

The Twins are stupid for letting him get away.

Could you imagine Mourneau-Hunter-Mauer-Ortiz?

:o

Torii Hunter's career .269 batting average is not that scary. Mauer is awesome but faded off last year in the second half, let's see what happens this year. Morneau is doing good so far. And Ortiz didn't start gobbling ster...steaks till he got to Boston.

I rather have Hanley-Uggla-Cabrera-and Jacobs. :mischief

The Twins are stupid for letting him get away.

Could you imagine Mourneau-Hunter-Mauer-Ortiz?

:o

Torii Hunter's career .269 batting average is not that scary. Mauer is awesome but faded off last year in the second half, let's see what happens this year. Morneau is doing good so far. And Ortiz didn't start gobbling ster...steaks till he got to Boston.

I rather have Hanley-Uggla-Cabrera-and Jacobs. :mischief

Hanley-Uggla-Cabrera-Manny-Ortiz-Jacobs :mischief

Let us combine the Red Sox and Fish!

But keep the FLorida Marlins name, and move Fenway next to Dolphins Stadium.

HGH......????

Steroids?????

Are you serious? :rolleyes:

If you don't think theres a possibility that Ortiz went on the Giambi juice you're nuts. I think you people are nuts for thinking everyone and there mothers were on HGH or steroids just b/c they either

A) Gained size over time

B) Improved there game

Only thing Big Papi is guilty of is being on too much Aunt Jemima

HGH......????

Steroids?????

If you don't think theres a possibility that Ortiz went on the Giambi juice you're nuts. I think you people are nuts for thinking everyone and there mothers were on HGH or steroids just b/c they either

A) Gained size over time

B) Improved there game

While I didn't bring up the subject of Ortiz being on steroids, I think it's naive to act like it's not possible either.

Is it possible David Ortiz became a workout warrior and has improved his game greatly through practice and repition in the cage? It's possible. I'd say its also possible that he took an UNTRACEABLE HGH to do it.

People don't go from hitting 15 HRs a year to hitting 50 HRs a year from eating pizzas, sweetheart. He either completely turned his life around with his workout regimen and practice habits, or he went on something. Both are entirely possible. And I don't want to point fingers, but in todays MLB EVERYONE is a suspect. I wouldn't put it passed ANY player. If anyone says it's not possible, they are naive to say the least.

But, keep living in the rose colored world, I wish I could.

Guest Fritz

HGH......????

Steroids?????

A) Gained size over time

B) Improved there game

Because baseball players have so much credibility regarding not taking steroids. If some marginal slap-hitting CF gets busted for them, I'd be willing to bet that almost anyone could test positive for them. Just because the guy is nice and has a great personality doesn't mean he wouldn't cheat. Everyone raved about how Giambi is such a great guy, but that didn't stop him. I think you guys assume steroids/HGH he'll be some sort of monster that has backne and smashes people's skulls.

HGH......????

Steroids?????

A) Gained size over time

B) Improved there game

While I didn't bring up the subject of Ortiz being on steroids, I think it's naive to act like it's not possible either.

Is it possible David Ortiz became a workout warrior and has improved his game greatly through practice and repition in the cage? It's possible. I'd say its also possible that he took an UNTRACEABLE HGH to do it.

People don't go from hitting 15 HRs a year to hitting 50 HRs a year from eating pizzas, sweetheart. He either completely turned his life around with his workout regimen and practice habits, or he went on something. Both are entirely possible. And I don't want to point fingers, but in todays MLB EVERYONE is a suspect. I wouldn't put it passed ANY player. If anyone says it's not possible, they are naive to say the least.

i'm not refuting what you are saying, but i think that steroids not only taint guys like palmiero who has tested positive but other great players as well....i mean no player in the MLB can hit more than 30 HR without being suspected.

ok now for the first bolded comment: While steroids do make people stronger yaddadyadaaa ect ect. steroids don't make hitting a baseball any easier....i want you to take steroids and then go face MLB pitchers and try to hit ONE HR...i'm not condoning the use of steroids because i think it has ruined the game to some degree but its NAIVE to think that hitting homers is as easy as sticking a needle in your arm.

and for the 2nd bolded comment TWO WORDS: Eric. Reed.

HGH......????

Steroids?????

A) Gained size over time

B) Improved there game

Shocking that Yankee fans keep bringing this up when dealing with Ortiz. Their own personal LCS killer.

Also not suprising that you fail to mention some other more reasonable and plausable facts.

First of all Ortiz had wrist surgery to remove a chipped hamate bone in his wrist. He also had his left knee repaired. He hit 20 HRs and drove in 72 his last year for the Twins and some of the reasons why the Twins let him go was a poor work ethic, injuries, and what he would have been awarded in arbitration coming off a solid season and entering his prime.

So wadda you know, entering into a new situation with two Domican stars already on the team, injury and pain free for the first time in his career, and getting taught by Ron Jackson who altered his stance and approach to the plate that took time when he got here.

He batted .212 his first month with the Sox. He improved steadily before really breaking out in August and September that year and then having the full monster season in 2004.

Steroids is an easy way out for a Yankee fan instead of looking at health, Fenway Park, new work ethic, consistent at bats, a better team around him, Ron Jackson, and playing for Boston at ages 28, 29, and 30.

HGH......????

Steroids?????

A) Gained size over time

B) Improved there game

Shocking that Yankee fans keep bringing this up when dealing with Ortiz. Their own personal LCS killer.

I didn't bring up steroids and Ortiz, a Marlins fan did. But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

I responded to someone who made it seem like Ortiz could not be accused. He was beyond accusation!

NO ONE should be given a pass here, EVERYONE is a suspect. Right now, how could you put it passed any player? After what we've learned and know about this stuff, how could you not be suspicious of everyone?

Also not suprising that you fail to mention some other more reasonable and plausable facts.

First of all Ortiz had wrist surgery to remove a chipped hamate bone in his wrist. He also had his left knee repaired. He hit 20 HRs and drove in 72 his last year for the Twins and some of the reasons why the Twins let him go was a poor work ethic, injuries, and what he would have been awarded in arbitration coming off a solid season and entering his prime.

I had heard that the reason the Twins let him go was because they didn't think he had enough power to play a corner position in the American League. I'll dig the article out if you care to argue over it, though it's really trivial, just let me know.

So wadda you know, entering into a new situation with two Domican stars already on the team, injury and pain free for the first time in his career, and getting taught by Ron Jackson who altered his stance and approach to the plate that took time when he got here.

He batted .212 his first month with the Sox. He improved steadily before really breaking out in August and September that year and then having the full monster season in 2004.

Certainly did have a monster year.

I wonder what Bonds story was. Anyone want to check it out? A new hardcore workout regimen? A new batting stance? Did he just have surgery following the 1999 season? Was he finally healthy for the first time in years in the year 2000 where he began his ascent to legendary status? Anyone care to look it up?

WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? I CARE TO! Funny...Following the 1999 season, Barry Bonds had knee surgery. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS BARROIDS WAS HEALTHY! He also began a new hardcore workout system which his trainer Greg Anderson spoke about in several weightlifting magazines! I wonder how he did that next year...Hm...You guessed it! He hit 15 more home runs than the year prior and increased his SLG by almost 70 points. The year after that, as his weight/muscle mass continued to balloon Barroids added another 73 home runs to his total.

Funny, the stories are so similar. I bet if I dug deeper I would learn about Barroids new batting technique and how he had finally gotten some teammates that he liked (obviously Jeff Kent is the exception).

I really can't believe we've all been suspcious of Barry this entire time. Well, now we know the truth. He had been injured those years early on in his career. He's just finally healthy and slamming balls all over the park. Good for you Barry! You're now beyond being accused of using steroids, love ya homie! God, I can't believe ESPN wasted all that time talking about this, it's obviously injuries. Idiots!

Steroids is an easy way out for a Yankee fan instead of looking at health, Fenway Park, new work ethic, consistent at bats, a better team around him, Ron Jackson, and playing for Boston at ages 28, 29, and 30.

Again, I NEVER said that Ortiz did steroids. I just said that it's ridiculous to not consider him a suspect. If you don't think it's possible, you're out of your mind.

You're really picking a fight over nothing here. I never accused David Ortiz of doing steroids, I just said that it's a possibility, as it is with any player in baseball that goes through an insane level of production increase. Every player has a story as to how they improved so dramatically, as is the case with Barroids (injuries), Brady Anderson (working out) and Luis Gonzalez (new batting technique).

In this era of baseball, suggesting that David Ortiz cannot have possibly done steroids is assanine. THAT'S MY POINT. I NEVER said he did anything, I just said it was possible.

Wow, calm down.

I used to like you in the fact that we could disagree and yet still have good debates but the way you just went overboard and talking down to me like I'm 11 with all your capitalization, punctuation, and flippant language I'm done with that.

I have no idea why you went off on a tangent on Barry Bonds, but if it made you feel better and was some sort of release from the thrashing in the Bronx today, cool I guess.

I recommend masturbating though, less effort and much more satisfying.

Wow, calm down.

I used to like you in the fact that we could disagree and yet still have good debates but the way you just went overboard and talking down to me like I'm 11 with all your capitalization, punctuation, and flippant language I'm done with that.

Where did I talk down to you? I didn't really disagree with anything you said. Though I didn't appreciate being accused of something that I didn't do. I never started the steroid conversation in this thread.

Capitalization and punctuation was for emphasis, I'm trying it out, it's kind of a hybrid writing style I read on another message board. Guess it didn't go over too well.

And I didn't notice any particularly flippant language.

I have no idea why you went off on a tangent on Barry Bonds, but if it made you feel better and was some sort of release from the thrashing in the Bronx today, cool I guess.

I recommend masturbating though, less effort and much more satisfying.

I went off on a tangent on Barry Bonds to show that every single one of these players has a story about how they "improved" their game. You can't buy into any of them. They're all rich, lying douchebags.

By the way, I'm taking your response as a graceful waving of the white flag. Good game. 'Twas fun. See you in the next Red Sox/Yankee thread.