Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Won / Loss Record

Featured Replies

Someone asked what was the record in games Reggie starts. I don't know what that is but I looked up the record in games he has played a lot (*) just to see what that was:

 

Reggie plays a lot --- 19-37 .339 winning %

Reggie doesn't play a lot --- 17-9 .654 winning %

 

The difference is winning % is obviously not his fault but it sure as heck doesn't help to have a guy out there who can't hit for average or power who is a poor baserunner and who more often than not throws to the wrong base or overthrows the cutoff man and who routinely takes the scenic route out in CF. I guess zero tool guys like Reggie don't help you win games.

 

(*) a lot is considered games in which he had 2 or more plate appearances.

The difference is winning % is obviously not his fault

 

Perhaps you should re-phrase it as "The difference is winning % is obviously not ENTIRELY his fault"

I'd be _okay_ with a poor hitting CFer if he played the position well. But these jumps, poorly timed strides and chicken-wing catches remind me of Preston Wilson.

I like Amezaga in that position alot better,he know's how to play the ball when it's hit his way

Really, as a club our win/loss situation comes down to whether our starting pitchers are able to go 6+ innings on a regular basis. When they do, we win a bunch of games, when they don't and the bullpen gets overextended, we lose a bunch.

 

Pretty simple really.

Really, as a club our win/loss situation comes down to whether our starting pitchers are able to go 6+ innings on a regular basis. When they do, we win a bunch of games, when they don't and the bullpen gets overextended, we lose a bunch.

 

Pretty simple really.

 

It hard to agrue with the stats and theres a BIG difference

We should start a poll. Can someone give me 3 other former marlins players that you think should give Reggie good competition on "who suck the most" thread? I'm serious.

Your obviously forgetting about that shot he hit in Cincy.

 

 

 

One lucky home run doesnt mean anything

:lol

 

 

This makes me laugh everytime I hear it even though I know your being sarcastic.

Today was Reggie's fault right?

 

Should have hit a homer and drove himself in instead of a triple.

 

If Reggie didn't play for the Marlins they would be TEH BEST TEAM EVA!!!!!

Should have hit a homer and drove himself in instead of a triple.

 

 

He didn't get a triple. He had a poor bunt that was thrown away into a 3 base error.

 

He did however have an RBI single.

Woops. That is what I get for going back and looking at the game thread.

 

He should have stole home then!

:mischief

Today was Reggie's fault right?

 

Should have hit a homer and drove himself in instead of a triple.

 

If Reggie didn't play for the Marlins they would be TEH BEST TEAM EVA!!!!!

 

 

Felo is making some good points :shifty

FeLo, your comments are crossing the threshold of trolling. If I were running the show, you would have been suspended long ago. You keep talking up Reggie yet have given absolutely no justification as to why you actually think he is a good player.

 

Trolling? I only bring up Reggie when he is talked about. Don't talk about him, and I won't.

 

You guys think Reggie is bad........ not breaking news or anything. No need to beat it over the head time after time after time.

FeLo, your comments are crossing the threshold of trolling. If I were running the show, you would have been suspended long ago. You keep talking up Reggie yet have given absolutely no justification as to why you actually think he is a good player.

 

Trolling? I only bring up Reggie when he is talked about. Don't talk about him, and I won't.

 

You guys think Reggie is bad........ not breaking news or anything. No need to beat it over the head time after time after time.

 

Your post here says otherwise. I don't see anyone blaming Reggie before you came along to bring down another topic in your famous style: http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...dpost&p=1211185

 

Who else?

 

Reggie of course.

FeLo, your comments are crossing the threshold of trolling. If I were running the show, you would have been suspended long ago. You keep talking up Reggie yet have given absolutely no justification as to why you actually think he is a good player.

 

Trolling? I only bring up Reggie when he is talked about. Don't talk about him, and I won't.

 

You guys think Reggie is bad........ not breaking news or anything. No need to beat it over the head time after time after time.

 

Your post here says otherwise. I don't see anyone blaming Reggie before you came along to bring down another topic in your famous style: http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...dpost&p=1211185

 

Who else?

 

Reggie of course.

Who the hell are you and why do you only respond to me post?

FeLo, your comments are crossing the threshold of trolling. If I were running the show, you would have been suspended long ago. You keep talking up Reggie yet have given absolutely no justification as to why you actually think he is a good player.

 

Trolling? I only bring up Reggie when he is talked about. Don't talk about him, and I won't.

 

You guys think Reggie is bad........ not breaking news or anything. No need to beat it over the head time after time after time.

 

Your post here says otherwise. I don't see anyone blaming Reggie before you came along to bring down another topic in your famous style: http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...dpost&p=1211185

 

Who else?

 

Reggie of course.

Who the hell are you and why do you only respond to me post?

 

I'm the voice of reason i've replied to other posts besides yours don't feel too special. Now how about you acknowledge that I caught you to be a liar?

FeLo, your comments are crossing the threshold of trolling. If I were running the show, you would have been suspended long ago. You keep talking up Reggie yet have given absolutely no justification as to why you actually think he is a good player.

 

Trolling? I only bring up Reggie when he is talked about. Don't talk about him, and I won't.

 

You guys think Reggie is bad........ not breaking news or anything. No need to beat it over the head time after time after time.

 

Your post here says otherwise. I don't see anyone blaming Reggie before you came along to bring down another topic in your famous style: http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...dpost&p=1211185

 

Who else?

 

Reggie of course.

Who the hell are you and why do you only respond to me post?

 

I'm the voice of reason. I've replied to other posts besides yours don't feel too special. Now how about you acknowledge that I caught you to be a liar?

Ok one time, and it was immediately after I respnded to this thread. Reggie gets blamed for EVERYTHING on here. It is stupid.

 

I'm just going to stop visiting the Marlins section of the board.

 

Makes it alot easier on everyone.

You guys think Reggie is bad........ not breaking news or anything. No need to beat it over the head time after time after time.

 

 

Reggie is bad. Reggie is still on the team. Reggie is getting a lot of playing time. Add all that up and it is cause for complaint. The team needs to obtain a legitimate CF, sooner rather than later.

Really, as a club our win/loss situation comes down to whether our starting pitchers are able to go 6+ innings on a regular basis. When they do, we win a bunch of games, when they don't and the bullpen gets overextended, we lose a bunch.

 

Pretty simple really.

 

It hard to agrue with the stats and theres a BIG difference

 

Its coincidence, mainly. Yes Reggie's production has not been very good, but the whole idea that the play of our CF is the sole deciding factor in whether the whole team wins or loses, is absurd. He simply isn't able to consistently lose games by himself over such a large sample size as the OP suggests.

 

Whats going on here is common in fandom. Its more palatable for fans to identify a scape goat or two and blame them for the problems of their team, then to accept that there are wider issues affecting numerous players on the squad. The fans can then comfort themselves by thinking that if the team just dumped one particular guy they'd win their games, make the playoffs, cure cancer, etc. It happens in all sports, all the time, and in a way its understandable; it is though utterly incorrect.

I don't think it's a matter of whether Reggie plays a lot or doesn't play a lot. It's not playing time. I think it's more shower time. Whether Reggie showers a lot or doesn't shower a lot. That's ultimately the key to the Marlins season.

Reggie, when playing, is a major contributor to Marlins losses. He is a liability in every aspect of the game. The massive difference between with and without Reggie winning % is largely not due to Reggie, but any win the team has while Reggie plays is in spite of Reggie, not because.

 

He is a zero tool player.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.