Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Kind of Books do you like?

Featured Replies

i'd go with sports because i read a ton of autobiographies and stories..

 

i've read: Jeter's "The Life You Imagine" and "Gameday", "Idiot" by Johnny Damon, "Perfect I'm Not" by David Wells, Game of Shadows, 3 Nights in August, Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty, Batboy, Miracle over Miami, "My Prison without Bars" by Pete Rose, Sandy Koufax: A Lefty's Legacy, Luckiest Man, Watching Baseball by Jerry Remy (BoSox broadcaster), Faithful, The Mick, Jackie's Nine, Few and Chosen, Classic Ballparks, and Last Days of Summer.

 

i also love harry potter, but that's the only fantasy book i like..

 

what'd you guys like?

Well, I don't really have a specific type, but my favorite books are:

 

A Confederacy of Dunces (Toole) , The Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas), The Man in the Iron Mask (Dumas), Survivor (Palahniuk), Fight Club (Palahniuk), V for Vendetta (Moore), Watchmen (Moore).

 

I guess all fiction books.

Fiction is by far my favorite but Non-Fiction can be really interesting as well. I hate Fantasy & History, unless it's about the Holocaust or another semi exciting event in the past.

Well, I don't really have a specific type, but my favorite books are:

 

A Confederacy of Dunces (Toole) , The Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas), The Man in the Iron Mask (Dumas), Survivor (Palahniuk), Fight Club (Palahniuk), V for Vendetta (Moore), Watchmen (Moore).

 

I guess all fiction books.

Great choice, I love that book.

 

I'd have to say my favorite genres are crime, non-fiction, and realistic fiction.

 

My favorite books are In Cold Blood (Capote), The Catcher In The Rye (Sallinger), and The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)

I really enjoy sports books, but also have read many history books.

 

I tend to stick with non-fiction stuff as I grow older, but some of my favorites are fiction.

 

My favorite books are Moneyball (really brought me into being a big baseball fan), Jurassic Park and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I mainly stick to the Book-Movie theme. Currently I'm reading A Clockwork Orange (Burgess) and I read Puzo's Godfather which made me love the characters even more. I also purchased Bad Twin by Gary Troup (a Lost novel) which I will start reading soon. The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorie book by far.

Why is Fiction or Non Fiction together?

 

My favortie books are Non Fiction books. I love history books, sports books or biographies. Army vs Navy by John Feinstein is a great book. Its about the Army/Navy football rivalry.

 

Growing up The Catcher in the Rye was my favortie book. I also enjoy Ernest Hemingway novels.

Wouldn't fiction and non-fiction comprise every book genre in existence?

Non-fiction military history...... so I could have voted for 3 of the 5 above choices.

 

Wouldn't fiction and non-fiction comprise every book genre in existence?

 

The dictionary?

  • Author

Why is Fiction or Non Fiction together?

 

My favortie books are Non Fiction books. I love history books, sports books or biographies. Army vs Navy by John Feinstein is a great book. Its about the Army/Navy football rivalry.

 

Growing up The Catcher in the Rye was my favortie book. I also enjoy Ernest Hemingway novels.

 

i should of seperated them, guess i didn't want to make a million choices.....but they are kinda opposites...

Ever book there is fits into fiction or non fiction so I'd have to go with that one. Otherwise, i really don't care about the genre as long as the book is interesting.

Currently reading Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, the entire Hitchhiker's Guide the Galaxy series (veryyyy slowly), amongst Claremont's X-Men run, Batman "Hush" and Grant Morrison's "The Invisibles."

 

I read more comics than anything, but that's what I enjoy. For anyone who digs Pahlaniuk, or Fight Club, I'd recommend, STRONGLY, his memoir/travel guide to Portland, Oregon entitled, "Stranger and Fugitives." In it he tells how he came up with various ideas for books, etc. and just gives a HELLACIOUS account of his hometown and the weird sh*t you can get inolved in.

 

A book has to really hook me for me to actually finish it, lately. As soon as I finish Sagan's book I'm going to possibly check out Da Vinci code.

I really enjoy reading historical books. I'm currently reading 1776 by David McCullough, and it's great. Some of my favorites are "A Land Remembered" by Patrick D. Smith, "No End Save Victory" edited by Robert Cowley, and of course "The Catcher in the Rye," the Tolkien books, and a book called "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller which dramatically transformed my faith. I heartily recommend all these books.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.