Let's be reastlistic...

Lefty

We can beat (or at least contend) with any team in the NL in a 7 game series. I think if this team makes the playoffs, they could get to the WS without a HUGE uphill battle.

Then again, who knows what this youthful pitching will bring come September.

Lets get to 500 first please, sparky?

:cool

Let the guy dream will ya?

You know if the truth be told there isn't a person here, even the most cynical, who for a second hasn't dreamed of the Marlins in the playoffs.

Yeah I can admit to being one of those. I think even back in 2003 there were those of us who didn't think it possible even though this team had obviously come full circle and come together. Whatever happens, happens. :thumbup

You know if the truth be told there isn't a person here, even the most cynical, who for a second hasn't dreamed of the Marlins in the playoffs.

Oh I am a part of that group. With every win we get it makes me more confident. But I'm just a huge homer and I enjoy having high expectations.

It'll be interesting to see when fans of other teams start thinking of us as a WC contender. Most messages I see posted on other boards predict either the Braves or Reds will win the WC race. Haven't seen the Marlins mentioned yet outside these hallowed halls by fans of other teams (as far as message boards go).

I'm dreaming too. But I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched. :mischief

Where in the rules does it say you have to break .500 to make the playoffs? We can match up against anybody in a 7 game set, but point well taken: lets make the playoffs first.

There are not dominant teams in the national league. Simple as that.

Everyone has a weakness. And the best part is that the "best" team in the NL, the Mets have pitching needs which in the playoffs is what you need.

Get in the playoffs and then WHO KNOWS.

we going shock the world of baseball everyone talking about us now i wont be surprise if sport illustrated will do report on marlins soon like their did for mets i let you know when it done we have young team and no one was think we could win more 50 game this year their wong gooooo fish let TELL all those guys their WONG