Ichiro Suzuki, just a thought

Tee Ball Bunt Machine

I was watching, I believe it was This Week in Baseball today, and among things they mentioned was Ichiro becoming a free agent after next season, but that the Mariners may have difficulty resigning him, because even though he likes Seattle and all, he wants to play for a contender.

Perhaps if they figure to not be able to resign him, I figure all those stocked up pitching prospects in the Marlins farm system could come in handy to trade for him if such a scenario were to arise. It's probably just a pipe dream, but I think he could probably fill the hole in CF and provide another 300+ avg bat in the lineup, even if it would be a one-year thing, to also give another CFer time to develop.

There is no rumor behind this, just my own crazy thinking.

Like you said... this is a pipe dream. Jeffrey Loria is not going to pay that kind of money for a player when this team isn't guaranteed to contend, even with him in the batting order.

I like this but its gonna take ALOT to get Ichiro something like Nolosco and Olsen with another propect any one know how old Ichiro is?

Like you said... this is a pipe dream. Jeffrey Loria is not going to pay that kind of money for a player when this team isn't guaranteed to contend, even with him in the batting order.

I like this but its gonna take ALOT to get Ichiro something like Nolosco and Olsen with another propect any one know how old Ichiro is?

he'll be 33 in a couple of months.