Zambrano: Cy Young?

Markickass21

My top 5:

Carlos Zambrano

14-5 (1st), 3.31 ERA (6th), 180 strikeouts (1st), 1.28 WHIP (17th), .207 BAA (1st)

Chris Carpenter

12-6 (T-4/5/6), 3.05 ERA (3rd), 138 strikeouts (10th), 1.08 WHIP (1st), .235 BAA (7th)

Jason Schmidt

10-7 (T-13/14), 3.23 ERA (5th), 148 strikeouts (6th), .227 BAA (4th), 1.18 WHIP (4th)

Brandon Webb

13-5 (T-2/3), 2.99 ERA (2nd), 137 strikeouts (11th), .260 BAA (15th), 1.20 WHIP (5th)

John Smoltz

11-6 (T-8/9), 3.46 ERA (10th), 169 strikeouts (T-2/3), .246 BAA (9th), 1.15 WHIP (2nd)

ERA > wins

I agree, unless there is a disproportionate difference between the ERA leader's wins and the league leader(s) in wins (as far as the voters are concerned, any ways). See 2005 and Clemens vs Carpenter and Dontrelle. So JJ will have to keep going strong and get run support to win it. He will need to win most if not all of the rest of his games and there would have to be no 20 game winners in the NL this year. As for Zambrano, he is definitely in the Cy Young mix.

I think the fact that Zambrano has been by far the most dominant pitcher in both baa and k's, as well as leading the league in wins on a horrible team, lends him my vote. I am biased but I just don't think that any of the other guys have done more for their teams on the mound than Zambrano has.

I think the fact that Zambrano has been by far the most dominant pitcher in both baa and k's, as well as leading the league in wins on a horrible team, lends him my vote. I am biased but I just don't think that any of the other guys have done more for their teams on the mound than Zambrano has.

I'm biased too so same here :lol

He's been the most dominant NL Pitcher and the fact that he's 10-1 after Cub's losses is just spectacular. He's one of the only guys the Cubs can count on to put them in a position to win every time he goes out there.