Karr's DNA does not match

Rune

A DNA sample taken from John Mark Karr, the schoolteacher who claims to have been with child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey when she died in 1996, does not match DNA found in her underwear, a Denver TV station reported on Monday.

KUSA-TV cited two unnamed sources in the report, which comes hours before Karr was due for his first Colorado court appearance. Amid skepticism over Karr's account, legal experts have said that a DNA match was critical to the prosecution case.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22

Also, they are now saying he won't be charged:

A CBS4 source close to the JonBenet Ramsey investigation has confirmed that the DNA of John Mark Karr doesn't match that of the foreign DNA found on JonBenet Ramsey's body when she was killed.

There will be no charges filed against Karr, CBS4's Rick Sallinger reports.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Karr would be released by authorities later on Monday, but Sallinger reported that an action plan was in place for how to proceed next. Karr’s first appearance in Boulder County Court had been scheduled for later Monday afternoon.

Karr was given a mouth-swab DNA test while he was in Thailand, a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation has told The Associated Press. The results of that test were not known.

Boulder County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Carolyn French said Saturday that professional conduct rules and a judge's gag order prohibited her office from commenting on evidence.

JonBenet was found strangled with a skull fracture. Authorities once said her parents were under "an umbrella of suspicion," but prosecutors never charged anyone in the case.

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_240154509.html

If this is offically confirmed(I know CNN is still working on it), I really hope they charge Karr for everything it cost to get him here, including his five course meal.

Okay.....then why did he admit to it?

Look at that man, I don't think Reason is something he's fond of.

exactly...something tells me that he doesnt go back to thailand ever again

I'll help chip in for the plane fare (coach,) send his ass back there.

Will this be with, or without Pate? :mischief I did say coach, but we can always just shove him in a dog kennel and stick him with the cargo for the trip.

Okay.....then why did he admit to it?

Exactly.

If you've seen this guy, it's really obvious he's not playing with a full deck. That and his "morbid fascination" with this whole case for some time now leads me to believe that he'd admit to a crime he didn't commit to further plunge himself into the limelight of this whole mess.

That and of course, as was previously mentioned, getting out of Thai prison isn't a bad deal either.

The Colorado DA completely blew this one. It took about five minutes for the network news agencies to prove that he wasn't even in the same state as the murder when it occurred. Then more and more holes began to appear in the case. What made them think that they had their man? Because he said he did it?

About the only appropriate title for this story is, "Whoops!".