Tropical Storm Florence

TimeWrecker

Yes, its that time of week again!

Today's letter is the letter F. F sure is a good letter isnt it? Makes for good names like Frances.

Anyway, this one could be a doozy, as itll have plenty and plenty of time to grow if it does head for us, i'll wait for some imput from B4P or Cape before making any guesses though, I just read the reports people.

Anyway, without further hesitation, i give you, MAPS!

This one look like it going to hit land somewhere in Greenland. :confused

I still haven't watch the weather channel though. So I'll give you a better prediction after I watch it later tonight.

Haha what in god's name are you talking about?

Seriously, before you open your mouth, learn a little bit more about hurricanes and weather.

More to the point you can't "predict" a hurricane thats over a week out. To do so is lunacy, wishcasting, and panic.

This one look like it going to hit land somewhere in Greenland. :confused

I still haven't watch the weather channel though. So I'll give you a better prediction after I watch it later tonight.

Haha what in god's name are you talking about?

Seriously, before you open your mouth, learn a little bit more about hurricanes and weather.

More to the point you can't "predict" a hurricane thats over a week out. To do so is lunacy, wishcasting, and panic.

Yeah, I'd say just toss a dart at a wall and you probably have a better chance at guessing where.

well i hope that the hurricane spares you guys. It's funny...last year Katrina hit on the day I moved into school and this year it was Ernesto...I hope that you don't get 2 more this time. For me, it is important because my immediate family is down there and I get very scared. On the same token, the NY/CT/NJ area is well overdue for a monster so I may be one of the few, but I fear it. I hope this is not the one for either of these scenarios.

*prays for school closures*

Becareful what you wish for. I don't think you guys want to go to school when you're supposed to have a teacher's work day or a holiday.

I, for one, don't want to be going to school on a normally scheduled workday. It seems like there are a lot fewer this year for some reason.

People will always be stupid. And its not like if this storm hit us it be a tropical storm. It would be a major major storm barring anything that kills it.

*prays for school closures*

Becareful what you wish for. I don't think you guys want to go to school when you're supposed to have a teacher's work day or a holiday.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too .. why would you want a day off when your going to have to probably going to have to go during a work day. Plus, its so far out there, who knows how strong it could be, probably not another Ernesto.

:plain @ people actually still relying on the weather channel for hurricane forecasting..

yuhgottabefrigginkiddingme!

thats like people relying on marlinsbaseball.com for hurricane forecasting ...

wait ... :plain

we have some pretty good forecasters. I always ask B4P about the direction of the storms, and i dont remember him being wrong yet. He called Wima when it was forecast to go to the panhandle, and ernesto when it was forecast for NO, and capes gonna work in the profession too... MB Hurricane HQ