Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN Review The Replay

Featured Replies

I dont blame Byrnes for running like he did. His team is only down by two, he gets on, and the tieing run

is at the plate.

The other thing is pride, who wants to be on the other side of a no hitter? Its bad enough your're allready losing, I would've done the same in his spot.

 

Fortunately for us he didn't beat it out, and the ump made the right call.

 

Props to Jerry Meals :notworthy

Right when Byrnes came to bat I looked at my dad and said "I really hope Byrnes is a nice guy". He really wanted to beat that play out.

Well, for those of us who watched it, the error call was a no-brainer. It was unfortunate (at the time) that Miggy was charged with the E when Jake could have made a better effort at staying on the bag, but the baserunner clearly would have been out with an adequate throw. Easily.

 

I'll agree that the final out looked bang-bang when ESPN showed it at normal speed, though on Cold Pizza they revealed that ESPN's video geeks actually examined the footage frame-by-frame and were "positive" that Byrnes was out. They showed a fuzzy looking frame of the ball presumably in Helms' glove (it wasn't in the air) and Byrnes' foot still not on the bag.

 

I'd say it looks deceiving in real speed because Byrnes was running fast enough to beat the throw. Unfortunately for him, he had to cut short his last couple of steps so he could catch the bag in stride.

 

I'm watching Cold Pizza right now--he was out.

They're analyzing the play on Cold Pizza right now. Unfreakingbelievable. This shouldn't even be brought up.

The Cold Pizza guys are unbelievable. It was a bang bang play.

 

 

Exactly. And with a play that close the call will obviously go to Anibal.

To even highlight or argue this play, especially now, is ridiculous.

The Cold Pizza guys are unbelievable. It was a bang bang play.

 

 

Exactly. And with a play that close the call will obviously go to Anibal.

To even highlight or argue this play, especially now, is ridiculous.

 

If he was passed the bag and competely safe then I understand but I have seen WAY worse calls than that.

The Cold Pizza guys are unbelievable. It was a bang bang play.

 

 

Exactly. And with a play that close the call will obviously go to Anibal.

To even highlight or argue this play, especially now, is entertainment.

Fixed your post

This is gonna sound weird but.......

 

 

Did anyone else think it was strange that Byrnes attempted to get to first base faster than humanly possible?

 

 

His team is out of the Wild Card race.

 

I know its his MO to flail his body around uncontrollably but he hit a routine grounder to SS. Whats the point?

 

 

I know this sounds strange. I might be alone in this but I was just curious if anyone else felt the same.

 

 

Congratulations Anibal. Freaking awesome man.

 

you play to win the game :thumbup

 

why would you not bust your ass down the line? Thats how Byrnes plays

This is gonna sound weird but.......

 

 

Did anyone else think it was strange that Byrnes attempted to get to first base faster than humanly possible?

 

 

His team is out of the Wild Card race.

 

I know its his MO to flail his body around uncontrollably but he hit a routine grounder to SS. Whats the point?

 

 

I know this sounds strange. I might be alone in this but I was just curious if anyone else felt the same.

 

 

Congratulations Anibal. Freaking awesome man.

 

 

 

he was trying to get back at us who sit in the fish tank for calling him a punk and a ballerina the entire game on monday

 

notice he moved out of RF after the game on monday :lol :D

This is gonna sound weird but.......

 

 

Did anyone else think it was strange that Byrnes attempted to get to first base faster than humanly possible?

 

 

His team is out of the Wild Card race.

 

I know its his MO to flail his body around uncontrollably but he hit a routine grounder to SS. Whats the point?

 

 

I know this sounds strange. I might be alone in this but I was just curious if anyone else felt the same.

 

 

Congratulations Anibal. Freaking awesome man.

 

you play to win the game :thumbup

 

why would you not bust your ass down the line? Thats how Byrnes plays

 

That and um.....THE TYING RUN comes to the plate if Byrnes beats that out. The game was far from over, which is why I had no problem with that, just like when Schilling had his perfect game broken up by a bunt it was fine. Brenly and Schilling acted all like idiots about it, but it brought the tying run to the plate. You don't respect history, you try to win games.

I disagree with the Schilling bunt incident and that is what came to mind with the Byrnes thing.

 

I think there is a certain no-hitter/perfect game etiquitte.

 

 

The bunt play on Schilling clearly went against that etiquitte.

 

Im sure some will disagree.

 

I know that me comparing the Byrnes thing to the Schilling thing is a stretch.

 

Again...Im not married to the idea that Byrnes hustling down the line and almost busting a hammy was improper.....I just thought Id mention it.

I'm surprised this thread is 3 pages long.. since ya know, HE WAS OUT.

 

Also, have you guys never seen Byrnes play before? He plays with as much fire as ANYONE in baseball. That guy goes 110% 100% of the time. But no matter who it freakin was, you shouldn't be questioning a guy hustling down the line. LOL

During the Cubs telecast today Len Casper and his buddy talked more about how close the play with Byrnes was then they did the no hitter.

 

 

They also mentioned it was the 10th no-hitter that Dave Van Horne has called. Incredible.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.