Marlins Ranked #5 on Power Rankings!!

djm305

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/powerrankings

POWER RANKINGS

Current Team Previous

1 Yankees ? Trends 2

Their pitching might be suspect, but we'll take it over the Mets' right now.

2 Mets ? Trends 1

They have been more pedestrian of late, but how can you blame them? Their magic number for clinching the division is down to four. They'll clinch by mid-September.

3 Twins ? Trends 4

Francisco Liriano and Johan Santana will start eight of the team's final 18 games. After Liriano's tight-pitch-count outing Wednesday, those two aces could be the difference in the division.

4 Athletics ? Trends 3

Frank Thomas is scorching hot, but, most importantly, has stayed healthy. We knew he could still hit jacks. The A's slide a spot to give the Twins their due.

5 Marlins ? Trends 11

This ranking might seem ridiculous if you look at the entire season, but look at their record since their 11-31 start: 63-40. That's a .612 winning percentage. Only the major league-leading Mets (.615) have played better than that this season.

Wow this was s surprise!

ive been saying it for a while...MLB is terrified of us...and not just the league...but the other teams, the players, the fans...they are terrified...we are this good as rookies...put this together over a whole season and we can start putting up division champs banners starting next year

Although we should be even better next year, I wouldnt count on a division championship just yet. The whole NL East will be better next year. Its going to be a nasty race.

That being said, we got ourselves a pretty good wild card race here!

ive been saying it for a while...MLB is terrified of us...and not just the league...but the other teams, the players, the fans...they are terrified...we are this good as rookies...put this together over a whole season and we can start putting up division champs banners starting next year

Although we should be even better next year, I wouldnt count on a division championship just yet. The whole NL East will be better next year. Its going to be a nasty race.

That being said, we got ourselves a pretty good wild card race here!

see...NYM will have to deal with an aging pedro, glavine(who is a FA anyways)...philly doesnt have the pitching to stay in the division hunt(althought i suspect they will be somewhat improved)...the nats def dont have the pitching and soriano will probably be gone...and then there is the braves...who seem to be slipping on the overall and dont have the young arms that we do...so i dont know...i think we have a better than strong chance to win the division next year :thumbup

My power rankings would be (note that mine are based on who I wouldnt want to play right now)

Minnesota

Florida (because unlikes some of the other teams we have something to play for and thats a dangerous thing)

Yankees (that lineup is murder)

Mets

The Ryan Howards....errr Phillies

Oakland

I think I lot of those teams could be flip flopped

My power rankings would be (note that mine are based on who I wouldnt want to play right now)

Minnesota

Florida (because unlikes some of the other teams we have something to play for and thats a dangerous thing)

Yankees (that lineup is murder)

Mets

The Ryan Howards....errr Phillies

Oakland

I think I lot of those teams could be flip flopped

:lol :notworthy