Starting Lineups

DolphinStadiumCrazie

Yay Ross and Helms

Boo Amezaga(Does Girardi not understand?)

It's funny b/c he sort of has a consistent lineup going now yet it sucks b/c it involves Mezzy against lefties. Oh well hopefully he is in sac bunt situations everytime he comes up tonight.

I also hope our guys can be patient tonight. Perez is known for his lack of control.

this lineup's been workin lately.. eventho mezzy sucks horribly against lefties..

That's what I am saying.

Time to stop bitching about the lineups since things SEEM to be working.

Madman you might as well admit defeat. You aren't getting your CF this season so might as well deal with Mezzy. Like SkyJuice said, it's working, and no sense screwing with that. :thumbup

I don't understand why he doesn't put Ross out in center and Borchard in right against Perez. Anything is worth a shot once.

Why mess up something thats working If I reamber correctly we scored a few runs yeasterday :shifty

Because Amezega was merely an out between all those hits and home runs from everybody else.

That's why.

this lineup's been workin lately.. eventho mezzy sucks horribly against lefties..

That's what I am saying.

That's what I was trying to say when people wanted Olivo to start more

I'm not a fan of the logic that if it works keep it. Did you ever stop to think that it might be working despite a player being completey unproductive (which Amezaga, who I like, has been against lefties)?

Perhaps it is working because that sturrling player adds something to the lineup dynamic. Something that causes pitchers to change their game plans to suit other batters (it ain't just about protection, if a pitcher spots a free-swinger struggling, he'll throw more sliders off the plate and will be less likely to throw sliders for the rest of the inning less give the opposing team a really good look at one of his key pitches, or if the pitcher has day to day injuries because it hurts to throw too many breaking balls). Something that causes felders to shift in such a position to help baserunners. Something that causes batters try to direct balls to a certain direction or arc. Or opposing managers to call on certain strategies. Granted NOT game changing events, but neither is an extra single or walk most times.

Madman you might as well admit defeat. You aren't getting your CF this season so might as well deal with Mezzy. Like SkyJuice said, it's working, and no sense screwing with that. :thumbup

Defeat? Amezaga is not producing against lefties at all and should not be in center when they pitch. There is no defeat because that is a true statement. Just because the manager keeps playing a guy doesn't make it a good idea. "You can drive a car with your feet if you want to. That don't make it a good f***ing idea."

Defeat? Amezaga is not producing against lefties at all and should not be in center when they pitch. There is no defeat because that is a true statement. Just because the manager keeps playing a guy doesn't make it a good idea. "You can drive a car with your feet if you want to. That don't make it a good f***ing idea." Yes, its a true statement but the complaining has gotten old real fast. None of your complaining about Amezega is going to get Girardi to stop playing him. The senseless bitching is getting old. How about you actually enjoy whats going on rather then being a Debbie Downer for once? Jeeez. :rolleyes:

You know it's really sad when things like who our manager starts every game overshadows the magic that has been happening on the field. I guess our rediculous record since August 20th doesn't mean anything at all. Something is being done correctly. While I do not agree with Mezzy playing CF against lefties, Joe seems to enjoy it, and I can't really disagree with the manager seeing as I am just a silly poster on a message board.

my first post here, GO MARLINSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Welcome Amazin :hat

That's what I am saying.

I'm not a fan of the logic that if it works keep it. Did you ever stop to think that it might be working despite a player being completey unproductive (which Amezaga, who I like, has been against lefties)?

Perhaps it is working because that sturrling player adds something to the lineup dynamic. Something that causes pitchers to change their game plans to suit other batters (it ain't just about protection, if a pitcher spots a free-swinger struggling, he'll throw more sliders off the plate and will be less likely to throw sliders for the rest of the inning less give the opposing team a really good look at one of his key pitches, or if the pitcher has day to day injuries because it hurts to throw too many breaking balls). Something that causes felders to shift in such a position to help baserunners. Something that causes batters try to direct balls to a certain direction or arc. Or opposing managers to call on certain strategies. Granted NOT game changing events, but neither is an extra single or walk most times.

Do you honestly think Amezaga has this intangible effect against lefties that makes him considerably more valuable than his sub .100 BA and .313 OPS would lead you to believe?

Yes, its a true statement but the complaining has gotten old real fast. None of your complaining about Amezega is going to get Girardi to stop playing him. The senseless bitching is getting old. How about you actually enjoy whats going on rather then being a Debbie Downer for once? Jeeez. :rolleyes:

You know it's really sad when things like who our manager starts every game overshadows the magic that has been happening on the field. I guess our rediculous record since August 20th doesn't mean anything at all. Something is being done correctly. While I do not agree with Mezzy playing CF against lefties, Joe seems to enjoy it, and I can't really disagree with the manager seeing as I am just a silly poster on a message board.

Commenting on how idiotic it is to continually play a player in a situation where he does not produce does not overshadow what's happening on the field.

When I see sheer stupidity in the lineup, I'm going to comment on it. If you dislike hearing what's real, you can ignore me and a handful of others who refuse to speak only positively about the Marlins. :thumbup

That's what I am saying.

Do you honestly think Amezaga has this intangible effect against lefties that makes him considerably more valuable than his sub .100 BA and .313 OPS would lead you to believe?

Like I said it's likely not to ahve a game changing impact. However, consider what his replacement would do. Perhaps he'll change the dynamic for the worse. If he gets an empty hit and maybe a walk, we'll claim he had a good game, but did he really help the team? It's an interesting thought to consider. Anyone who watchs baseball closely knows that player performances don't operate in a vacuum, they affect other players.

That's what I am saying.

Like I said it's likely not to ahve a game changing impact. However, consider what his replacement would do. Perhaps he'll change the dynamic for the worse. If he gets an empty hit and maybe a walk, we'll claim he had a good game, but did he really help the team? It's an interesting thought to consider. Anyone who watchs baseball closely knows that player performances don't operate in a vacuum, they affect other players.

If a player has an OPS of .313, like Amezaga does against lefties, it seems impossible to think that his intangibles make up for that.

That's what I am saying.

If a player has an OPS of .313, like Amezaga does against lefties, it seems impossible to think that his intangibles make up for that.

And, it's not like he's playing Gold Glove caliber defense.