Would any of you make these trades?

Marlins Troll

Help a GM out, which of this trade do you think the Marlins should accept? Should I accept more then 1 offer if it is possible?

Mets Offer:

RF Milledge and Bannister for SP Dontrelle Willis

Blue Jays Offer:

Wells for SP Willis and CF Abercrombie

Chicago Cubs Offer:

Cubs get: Reggie Abercrombie and Ricky Nolasco

Marlins get: Juan Pierre, Ryan Harvey, and one of Sean Marshall/Carlos Marmol

What an odd thread.

Mets trade: Wouldn't do under any circumstances.

Blue Jays trade: Hm. How long is Wells under contract for? I do think, offensively and defensively, he is one of the best CF's out there and he would look great roaming the field of DS. But I'm still not sold on trading Willis just because of what he brings this franchise. Reluctantly, I decline.

Cubs trade: I'd do it. I think Nolasco's future lies in the pen. That being said, Juan Pierre is probably not the answer in CF, but for what we give up, I'd still do the deal.

What an odd thread.

Mets trade: Wouldn't do under any circumstances.

Blue Jays trade: Hm. How long is Wells under contract for? I do think, offensively and defensively, he is one of the best CF's out there and he would look great roaming the field of DS. But I'm still not sold on trading Willis just because of what he brings this franchise. Reluctantly, I decline.

Cubs trade: I'd do it. I think Nolasco's future lies in the pen. That being said, Juan Pierre is probably not the answer in CF, but for what we give up, I'd still do the deal.

Wells has a year left on his deal.

Can someone please explain to me what a FA? I would be appreciated if you do and please take your time and make sure it is readable and simple.

Oh... you're serious.

Free agency is when a player's contract with a team has expired, and thus that team no longer has control over that player, thus they can't trade said player. The player can then make up his mind whether he wants to re-sign with that team, or move to another team, pending on what offers he receives from rival teams.

For example, Joe Borowski signed a one year contract with us, that means that we can't trade him this off-season, as he is not under our control anymore. He can either decide to re-sign with us (if the Marlins want him too), or leave for another team.