Three years ago today...

louiecastillo1

I was at Game 4 of the series, and when Alex won the game with the homer it was mass pandemonium. I didn't leave the parking lot until about 4 am. It was amazing.

(although I think my favorite celebration, personally, was when the heat won it all last year. We had like 40 people at my house and when the final buzzer rang, everyone basically made a huge dogpile. It was awesome. And yes, alcohol was involved, which explains it)

It was an amazing day. My sister got married that day and a good amount of the guests came to our house for the afterparty. I can't say I've ever enjoyed a WS game more, and don't laugh but I was so young that at times I had to go to bed before the '97 WS games were over so it was more special that time.

My dad has been a Cubs fan all his life, and while he was happy for the Marlins it made the title feel slightly tainted knowing that there were so many people like my dad who love the Cubs so much, even I love the Cubs but after my marlins of course.

Ah, good times. Great memories!

I've talked to so many people who didn't even care about the Marlins but decided to "celebrate" that night. :rolleyes:

would you all prefer that it was just the 10-20,000 stadium regulars? Having more people care and/or take an interest under any circumstances is a good thing.

Seriously, even if you're not diehard into a particular sport, there's nothing wrong with being proud that your (home)town's team won a championship. I mean look at the Olympics - only once every 4 years do much of any Americans care about gymnastics, track, swimming, etc., and that's only because/if we have strong competitors out there.

I agree with the Tee ball guy... I only get into the Heat and Panthers when they're winning. I don't pretend to be a die hard fan, but I start watching games and gain more of an interest.

I'm a die hard Marlins fan and I have no problem with the bandwagoners. It fills the seats and raises interest in the team. A lot of the bandwagoners end up being true loyal fans when they see how much fun it can be.