How would you rank these rookies,

In no particular order

Joseph Addai

Maurice Drew

Marques Colston

Reggie Bush

Vince Young

Devin Hester

Those are the top offensive names I can think of, plus Hester. I know DeMeco Ryans, AJ Hawk, Mark Anderson and Ernie Sims are all having nice years on defense as well.

But all of the guys listed seem like the obvious top 6, atleast offensively.. they're all having very convincing years.

I would disagree and say that Jones Drew is not the best player, but I say that having watched most of these guys only play once or twice. I'd be more than happy to have any of those guys on my team, though. Colston was running away with the award until he got hurt. It's a tough call, but if forced to pick, I'd probably go:

Colston

Drew

Addai

Young

Bush

Hester

I could see putting Hester as high as 4th, but no higher really. I'm not trying to diminish his value, but it's been a good year for rooks, and I can't see putting a guy who's basically just a return man above all of those guys. 6 TDs is great, but most of the guys on this list have more than that, and far more yards to boot.

It's really between Bush and Young.....

Maurice Drew's numbers are just as good as Bush's with more than twice as many TDs. His yards per carry average is almost double Bush's also.

Of course I'm a Jags homer so I hope Drew wins, but in all likelihood, I'd say Vince Young wins it. Especially if they finish with a .500 record.

I wouldn't mind if Hester won, but would laugh hard at a dude who's not good enough to play reciever or corner in the league getting it.

It'd be nice if he could play either of those but I'll take the best special teams in the league instead.

Yeah, me too.

BTW, Hester should 100% be used in the role that NO is using Reggie Bush right now. He has a very similar skill set to reggie, but is smaller.

My problem with Vince Young is that his numbers are awful. His QB rating is 31st in the league, which places him right between Bruce Gradkowski and Andrew Walter. He's completing only 51.7% of his passes, which is actually worse than Vick. He's gotten much better the last few weeks, and you have to give him a good deal of credit for the Titans turnaround. But QBs aren't the only players on the field, and a lot of these other guys have played for teams that have made big turnarounds from last year.

My problem with Vince Young is that his numbers are awful. His QB rating is 31st in the league, which places him right between Bruce Gradkowski and Andrew Walter. He's completing only 51.7% of his passes, which is actually worse than Vick. He's gotten much better the last few weeks, and you have to give him a good deal of credit for the Titans turnaround. But QBs aren't the only players on the field, and a lot of these other guys have played for teams that have made big turnarounds from last year.

I agree.

A lot of these guys have the ESPN machine to thank for their ROY candidacy.

Guys like Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush really shouldn't even be mentioned as serious candidates.

Take Bush for one. All-purpose yards really is a useless stat; you should think of a player's contributions in terms of value over a replacement player for each position. So far, Reggie Bush has been a lousy punt returner, a mediocre running back, and underutilized as a receiver. Certainly not enough to warrant winning the award.

I don't know who I'd pick for ROY, but I too have concerns about Vince Young's ineptitude as a passer. In the end, considering the job a replacement would have done, Devin Hester has probably had the most impact on his team's scoring (which is truly amazing), but I don't know if a return guy should be winning the ROY.

I would imagine Hester would be eligible on defense, not offense...anyway

1. Marques Colston

2. Vince Young

3. Reggie Bush

4. Joseph Addai

5.Maurice Drew

6. Devin Hester

Are you joking?

Drew just played Addai and Addai couldn't do ANYTHING vs. a real defense.

Drew should be AT WORST #2. Drew has 666 YARDS on ONLY 110 carries! That is 6.1 yards per carry with 9 TDs and 6 20+ yard runs. He also has 332 yards receiving with 2 TDs and 1 kick return TD.

Reggie Bush has 125 carries for only 405 yards on turf! So let's compare......

Jones-Drew 666 rush yards on 110 carries

Bush 405 rush yards on 125 carries

Jones- Drew 6.1 yards per carry

Bush 3.2 yards per carry

Jones-Drew 12 total TDs

Bush 7 total TDs

Jones-Drew has 6- 20 plus yard runs

Bush has 0- 20 plus yard runs

Sure Bush is the better receiver with 79 catches for 687 yards.....but let's be real man. Reggie Bush hasn't even been the best rookie on his team......

Vince Young.

Everything Michael Vick was supposed to be, but actually doing it, in year 1.

Yeah because Young does it vs. subpar defenses.....look what he did vs. JAX this year (like 4 INTs)......

we will see him exposed vs. JAX again this weekend.

Obviously, I like Hester.

How would you rank these rookies,

In no particular order

Joseph Addai

Maurice Drew

Marques Colston

Reggie Bush

Vince Young

Devin Hester

Those are the top offensive names I can think of, plus Hester. I know DeMeco Ryans, AJ Hawk, Mark Anderson and Ernie Sims are all having nice years on defense as well.

But all of the guys listed seem like the obvious top 6, atleast offensively.. they're all having very convincing years.

As of now....

1-Drew

2-Colston

3-Bush

4-Young

5-Hester

6-Leinert

7-Addai