CF blurb from ESPN.com chat today

UltimateCabrera24

Ari (miami): Who starts in CF for the Marlins opening day?

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Ricky Otero.

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Sorry, couldn't resist that. I think Baldelli if both Florida and TB do what's best for both clubs.

I like the way Gilette thinks. In an earlier question he said the Rays are being a little rediculous with their demands for Baldelli and eventually they will have to lower their asking price.

Ari (miami): Who starts in CF for the Marlins opening day?

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Ricky Otero.

SportsNation Gary Gillette: Sorry, couldn't resist that. I think Baldelli if both Florida and TB do what's best for both clubs.

I like the way Gilette thinks. In an earlier question he said the Rays are being a little rediculous with their demands for Baldelli and eventually they will have to lower their asking price.

I know they will, everyone keeps mentioning that they wanted Olsen for Gathright but sooner or later he did get traded and the price was lowwered we just have to hold out a little longer. I just hope it doesnt take too long

can I suggest that the main reason cf and bullpen appeared to be such glaring holes was the inconsitency with whom was out in cf and the bullpen? I think if we get a 250 hitter in centerfield and guys like hermida and jacobs improves and the team otherwise remains static from last season (also ignore horrible start)... the team is in the playoffs? I think the CF issue is being turned into such a gigantic dilemma because it is possibly the most glaring hole. (scratch possibly)

do we really need to be so overly concerned with the number eight hitter? Some better defense and average offensive numbers does the job in the eight hole. We cant expect to have the most dominant lineup and ridiculous production from our cfs because even better options dont look that great without having to throw numerous players at them in trades.

I would rather keep Hanley leadoff. We can add some speed to the bottom of the order. Maybe put Sanchez 7th and bat Olivo 8th.

I know this is too soon, but here is my lineup as of now (assuming Sanchez starts in CF, which I am not sold on yet):

1. Hanley

2. Uggla

3. Jacobs (or Miggy)

4. Miggy (or Jacobs)

5. Willy

6. Hermida

7. Sanchez

8. Olivo

Not sure whether to put Jacobs 3rd or fourth. With Miggy protecting him he can really get some good pitches to hit.

Where do you project the magic centerfield option hitting?

are you expecting an amazing athlete to hit somewhere valuable and trump the other talented hitters? Has Hanley shown demonstrative power numbers? Projections are nice, but Hermida himself was projected to hit for power and now those claims are being removed and his valuable eye and obp are now his upside.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.