Will Sammy reach 600 homeruns this year?

Guest markotsay7

y

Why? He hasn't played in 17 months. He isn't taking steroids anymore. The last season he played in he hit .221 with 14 home runs. They have Brad Wilkerson, Kenny Lofton, Frank Catalanotto, Marlon Byrd, Nelson Cruz, Freddy Guzman, and Jason Botts for 3 OF spots, a backup spot, and a DH spot. If Sosa makes that team then the Rangers are officially the dumbest team in the majors.

Guest markotsay7

Actually it's probably Wilkerson who won't make the team

Even if he didn't that doesn't mean that Sosa would.

He'd have to beat out someone else too. And they'd be better off giving the young guys a shot.

And if they go with Sosa over Wilkerson they're still stupid.

y

Why? He hasn't played in 17 months. He isn't taking steroids anymore. The last season he played in he hit .221 with 14 home runs. They have Brad Wilkerson, Kenny Lofton, Frank Catalanotto, Marlon Byrd, Nelson Cruz, Freddy Guzman, and Jason Botts for 3 OF spots, a backup spot, and a DH spot. If Sosa makes that team then the Rangers are officially the dumbest team in the majors.

Lets wait until the roster is set before we start pounding the table. Sosa has an incredible talent, lets see how much he has left.

Guest markotsay7

He isn't worth the headache. Even a "good guy" like Palmeiro is out of baseball because it simply isn't worth the media ruckus.

He isn't worth the headache. Even a "good guy" like Palmeiro is out of baseball because it simply isn't worth the media ruckus.

its a little different case because Palmeiro was suspended for steroids after testifying in an intense manner that he never had used steroids. Sosa has never been suspended for steroids.

What headache? we haven't heard from Sammy in over a year. If he hits his way into a starting role, so be it.

I hope he makes the team, and I hope he starts. I hoped for the best for Giambi when he came back from his horrible post-roids season, and it happened. Now (even though it not has been nor ever will be proven that he juiced) I'll do the same for Sosa. I hope he comes out and hits 50 home runs and drives in 130 for Texas, and makes everyone in the league eat crow.

So far in spring

.417 AVG with 2 HR and 4 RBIs

That's one way to make friends and influence people. Hard to cut a guy hitting in the .400's from your roster!

BTW - I find it necessary to remind some of the people in this forum that Sammy Sosa was the 1999 Humanitarian of the Year and easily among the most likeable athletes in MLB for quite some time. With that in mind, please try to keep the Sosa-Palmeiro character comparisons to a minimum.

Thanks! :thumbup

Guest markotsay7

Sosa went 3-2 today (with one double) and raised his avg to .467

I do have to admit, getting 3 hits in 2 at bats is pretty impressive.