CF Frontrunner

Alex Sanchez is playing himself out of the job. Reed looks great. Ross looks horrible. Abercrombie is not any better than he was and Borchard can hit but isn't a CF.

I don't know why the Fish don't give Brett Carroll more PT in CF. Is he strictly a corner OF or can he play CF?

Carroll can hit....this spring he's 4-7, 2 doubles, 1 BB-0 Ks

It's frustrating seeing guys we tried to get over time or could have gotten, do well this spring......

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

BJ Upton .250, 2 doubles, 3 SB

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Jacob Ellsbury .250, 2 SB

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

Maybe the Marlins can trade for Chris Burke (CF) of the Astros because Hunter Pence, their top prospect looks like he's ready, batting .737 this spring!

from what I read, Pence still won't make the team out of ST

with Biggio quite possibly playing his last season, the last thing the Astros want to do is trade away their future 2b

Maybe the Marlins can trade for Chris Burke (CF) of the Astros because Hunter Pence, their top prospect looks like he's ready, batting .737 this spring!

with Biggio quite possibly playing his last season, the last thing the Astros want to do is trade away their future 2b

I agree, I doubt they would but every team has a price. I'm a big Burke fan because he's from the U. of Tennessee. Watched him play there a couple of times...

It's frustrating seeing guys we tried to get over time or could have gotten, do well this spring......

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

How depressing is that?

Doesn't bother me one bit what a guy does in spring training. I'll be frustrated if a player put up those kind of numbers in the regular season after 3 months. I put very, very little stock into spring training results. It's a time for pitchers to test out new pitches and for players to get in shape and get timing down.

I'd say in spring it's more important to look at conditioning than numbers.

Not depressing at all.

considering how well Borch and Reed are playing, not depressing at all

considering Borch is not a viable option in CF. Fredi stated very early this spring that Borch and Ross are nothing more than bench players.

Reed has hit everywhere....last spring training and every minor league season. He was like 4-40 last season but I think he can have a decent season in the .275 range.

Doesn't bother me one bit what a guy does in spring training. I'll be frustrated if a player put up those kind of numbers in the regular season after 3 months. I put very, very little stock into spring training results. It's a time for pitchers to test out new pitches and for players to get in shape and get timing down.

Not depressing at all.

that's true but all of those guys have more talent than our CFers....so ST, winter ball, regular season, etc....I don't it will matter. In the long run, we need a real starter.

I agree, I doubt they would but every team has a price. I'm a big Burke fan because he's from the U. of Tennessee. Watched him play there a couple of times...

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

How depressing is that?

The only thing depressing here is having another useless thread like this.

Steve Finley .400

Darin Erstad .333

Willy Taveras .375

Reggie Willits .429

David Murphy .333

Josh Hamilton .478

Chris Young .313

Felix Pie .391, 2 SB

Franklin Gutierrez .350

C.Maybin .444

Cory Rasmus .333

Joey Gathright .350

Admin Bigbie .391

How depressing is that?

Get used to it.....this team had 1 problem area in the offseason and did not address it. This isn't the last time we'll be talking about the CF problem.

considering how well Borch and Reed are playing, not depressing at all

considering Borch is not a viable option in CF. Fredi stated very early this spring that Borch and Ross are nothing more than bench players.

keep saying that to yourself

Some of you place far too much stock on spring training stats. I find them to be rather useless.

Having said that, I still want Borchard/Amezaga/Ross out there.

Where's Eric Reed? He's hit over .300 everywhere except the major leagues!

Fixed.

What a pointless thread when we have 30959348956 others on it.

Some of you place far too much stock on spring training stats. I find them to be rather useless.

Having said that, I still want Borchard/Amezaga/Ross out there.

Where's Eric Reed? He's hit over .300 everywhere except the major leagues!

Fixed.

What a pointless thread when we have 30959348956 others on it.

:lol :lol

ALEX SANCHEZZZZ!!!!!! AND IF NOT HIM THEN MAYBE DE AZA..reed sucks at hitting sanchez has speed is a .300 hitter and can bunt

How does Reed suck at hitting? Explain that to me and don't just point out 40 ABs when he has hundreds of ABs in the past and a career average of .300.

Reed plays twice the defense Sanchez does and is faster.

Get used to it.....this team had 1 problem area in the offseason and did not address it. This isn't the last time we'll be talking about the CF problem.

I find your explanation depressing.

I find it depressing that instead of following other (better) threads, such as Ramp's, you show this need to make your own.

I find it depressing that you had to make 4 of the first 6 posts on your thread to get it rolling.

I find it depressing that you posted the same list twice, with exactly the same comments (and it wasn't even a double post) as if someone could have missed it the first time.

Then again, I find a lot of things depressing when football season is over and baseball season hasn't started, so don't take this too personally.

Not depressing at all.

I agree with this to a point. Offensive numbers should be thrown out. And for your reasons. Pitchers are trying new things, tweaking their deliveries, and batters are working on their timing, etc... When I go to ST training games I look at how the position players field their spots. What kind of hustle they show and how they communicate with their team mates before, during, and after a play. You can get a pretty good idea of how they are going to be defensively. Defence keeps you in games.

ALEX SANCHEZZZZ!!!!!! AND IF NOT HIM THEN MAYBE DE AZA..reed sucks at hitting sanchez has speed is a .300 hitter and can bunt

How does Reed suck at hitting? Explain that to me and don't just point out 40 ABs when he has hundreds of ABs in the past and a career average of .300.

Reed plays twice the defense Sanchez does and is faster.

You'd rather start Reed than Sanchez or Borchard? Your arguments become more and more amusing every day.