June 8, 200719 yr To me, they were a little more cartoonish than the 40 year-old virgin guys...maybe I don't hang around enough stoners, though. I don't know. They were people who couldn't really function out in the real world, whereas the 40 year-old dudes were mostly believeable as people who could work in an electronics store. I mean, try to envision the Knocked Up guys working in that same store. I think there's a reason you almost never saw them outside of their house or interacting with people outside their own circle. It just wouldn't be believable. In any case, the 40 year-old dudes were much more central to the actual story being told in the movie. They were trying to help Andy transform, which was more or less the entire point of the movie. The guys in Knocked Up were kind of just there. They weren't helping much of anything because there was nothing they could do.
June 8, 200719 yr I refuse to use that site plus I'd rather enjoy it on TV I can't watch much anything on the computer for long periods if I can have a choice. I could possibly pick it up this weekend, I've got all that FYE credit that I 'need' to use. That said, I don't know when I'll get to watch it. I really can't reccomend it enough. It's one of my top 5 tv shows of all time (up there with Scrubs and Seinfeld and the like). What I did was borrowed the DVD's from a friend and we just watched them like 4 at a time for a few nights in a row when we were in the dorms.Tell me it isn't as emo as Scrubs.
June 8, 200719 yr I refuse to use that site plus I'd rather enjoy it on TV I can't watch much anything on the computer for long periods if I can have a choice. I could possibly pick it up this weekend, I've got all that FYE credit that I 'need' to use. That said, I don't know when I'll get to watch it. I really can't reccomend it enough. It's one of my top 5 tv shows of all time (up there with Scrubs and Seinfeld and the like). What I did was borrowed the DVD's from a friend and we just watched them like 4 at a time for a few nights in a row when we were in the dorms.Tell me it isn't as emo as Scrubs. It's not really emo, but they are high schoolers, so there's some drama. I kind of think it's similar to the first few seasons of scrubs in that it mixes drama and comedy well without being overdramatic (unlike the last season of scrubs, which was way too overdramatic). But the characters are some of the most believable I've seen in any show (and watching it is like a who's who of future actors before they hit it big: James Franco, Linda Cardellini, Shia Lebouf, Seth Rogen, the dude from How I met Your Mother, The Naked Trucker, Ben Stiller (though he was already famous when he appeared on it)).
June 8, 200719 yr not to be debbie downer but when i watched some freaks and geeks, i was bored out of my mind. i dunno, i personally like clever/witty humor and the writing to me was barely dumb-funny. i just don't think TV is made for characters that are totally believable because let's face it, an average family doesn't have exciting conversations. i don't really like linda cardellini either so that turned me off too.
June 8, 200719 yr not to be debbie downer but when i watched some freaks and geeks, i was bored out of my mind. i dunno, i personally like clever/witty humor and the writing to me was barely dumb-funny. i just don't think TV is made for characters that are totally believable because let's face it, an average family doesn't have exciting conversations. i don't really like linda cardellini either so that turned me off too. I agree. I loved 40 year old virgin and Knocked up, so I watched a few episodes of Freaks and Geeks and just couldn't get into it. The characters aren't believable to me, just your typical HS movie stereotype of nerds and the "cool kids". No in between.
June 10, 200719 yr this was a balancing act movie - i definetly enjoyed it - all comedy comes from rogen and his friends and his dialogue with paul rudd - there are some stretches without them that are devoid of laughter when they throw the chick flick stuff at you it's also a chick flick in that she was able to keep the baby without any negative impact to her life - even her job as a TV correspondent was improved - and the slacker, no motivation pot head starts the process of dumping his buddies, setting up his own place and becoming the responsible man she wants him to be however the guy humor in it was pretty good - some of the stuff didn't make sense (like rogen being a canadian illegal - with his dad also living so close) - but that stuff really didn't matter i also liked the bouncer scene - i don't think it was bitting social commentary - but just some humor about situations that can be relateable one thing i didn't understand were all the kids in the audience - kids in the 8-11 year range - this movie is rated R for a reason - hope the parents have fun explaining videos of crowning vaginas, drug humor, condoms, etc to them would definitely put this below 40 yr and WC - however it was very enjoyable and worth seeing at the theater
June 10, 200719 yr I'm pretty sure him being an illegal immigrant was a joke he made. I agree with the children in the audience. When I saw this there were a lot of kids in the range you described plus a lot of the over 60 crowd. I wonder what advertising made this seem to be a 'family day at the cinema' type of film. Weird.
June 10, 200719 yr Freaks and Geeks is in my top 10 favorite shows ever and Im looking forward to seeing Knocked Up. Many of my friends have said they really enjoyed it.
June 13, 200719 yr Saw it tonight. I really enjoyed it, lots of laughs. The Ryan Seacrest cameo was pretty hilarious. Definitely check it out if you haven't done so yet.
June 16, 200719 yr u guys are krazy to compare this with the 40 year old....... these two movies arent even close.... the 40 year old is a classic. this was just a funny chick flick..... the bouncer scene was cool, the shrooms at the circus was cool, cuz i can see somebody high tripping on all that wired sh*t that goes on at the cirus de olay or what the f*** its called... best scene in the movie was ryan seacrest...... awosome... good movie thou, but PLZ do not compare it with the 40 year old... that would be doing the 40 year old injustice....
June 17, 200719 yr Saw it last night. Thought it was pretty good, though not as good as 40 Year Old Virgin. Even so, I loved the idea of reteaming Rogen and Paul Rudd...and prosthetiic vaginas.
September 7, 200719 yr I'm gonna go see this one at the movie theatre tonight. I hope it is really as good as I have heard....it sure looks like it is.
September 7, 200719 yr I'm gonna go see this one at the movie theatre tonight. I hope it is really as good as I have heard....it sure looks like it is. Dont waste ur cash.. Wait for it on DVD
September 8, 200719 yr I'm gonna go see this one at the movie theatre tonight. I hope it is really as good as I have heard....it sure looks like it is. Dont waste ur cash.. Wait for it on DVD It was free :cool Thank you FSU Student Life Cinema! I really liked it too!
September 8, 200719 yr I'm gonna go see this one at the movie theatre tonight. I hope it is really as good as I have heard....it sure looks like it is. Dont waste ur cash.. Wait for it on DVD Which will be later this month. :thumbup
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.