Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Phillies Bullpen

Featured Replies

the Phillies are up 5-4 on the Mets going into the bottom of the 8th...

 

5 runs scored. the inning's still going. 9-5, Mets. 2 outs.

 

11-5. Alou single.

Geoff Geary is sub Major league level....

Phillies may not win a game a week this month the way things are going for them.

 

Can they win 5 games in April?

Geoff Geary is sub Major league level....

 

and he was the guy that got them out of jams last year.

 

I live in the Philly market, and I can tell you that the Phillies are nothing but hype. On paper their rotation looks good, but their BP is hideous, and Howard has NO protection.

Well you know, the Phillies are the team to beat in the NL East.

Yeah, I feel retarded for that one.

 

Still a ton of baseball left though.

Phillies may not win a game a week this month the way things are going for them.

 

Can they win 5 games in April?

 

They play Washington April 24-26th. So that's three wins (maybe)

Well you know, the Phillies are the team to beat in the NL East.

 

Yeah but the Mets didn't exactly "deserve" this win.

 

Games like this even out among good teams by the end of the year.

 

And, FWIW, if Rollins doesn't boot the Reyes ball the rally probably doesn't get as far as it does.

That was arguably one of my top 5 favorite Mets memories ... and all they did was stand there and watch the Phillies implode. Awesome.

I like it though. I hope the phillies start off 1-10.

 

you liked it? I was rooting for the Phillies on this game. I rather see the Phillies at 2-5 than the Mets at 5-2

Man we suck so far. It'll turn around eventually, but April's gonna kill us as usual. The sad part is that Geary and Madson were expected to be our 2 top relievers after Gordon, so there's how great it is right now. I didn't see the inning, but it sounds like a game we had against the Marlins I think last season, when the Marlins defense completely imploded.

Well you know, the Phillies are the team to beat in the NL East.

 

Yeah but the Mets didn't exactly "deserve" this win.

 

Games like this even out among good teams by the end of the year.

 

And, FWIW, if Rollins doesn't boot the Reyes ball the rally probably doesn't get as far as it does.

 

Unless DTW is a new field in the standings, I fail to see how this matters.

Well you know, the Phillies are the team to beat in the NL East.

 

Yeah but the Mets didn't exactly "deserve" this win.

 

Games like this even out among good teams by the end of the year.

 

And, FWIW, if Rollins doesn't boot the Reyes ball the rally probably doesn't get as far as it does.

 

Unless DTW is a new field in the standings, I fail to see how this matters.

 

What?

 

Did you even understand what I wrote?

 

Maine walked 6 guys in 4 2/3. The Phillies left an army on base. Eventually, the Mets are going to lose games like that.

 

That's all I'm getting at, that writing off the Phillies and crowing the Mets, this 7th game of the season is really foolish.

Flyers, 76ers, and now the Phillies. Must be great to be a Philidelphia sports fan right now!

 

Meh, the Flyers and 76ers have at least become exciting to watch.

Yes, Understood every word. The Mets are lucky to win this one, blah blah blah.

 

The Mets played better than the other team on the field, I fail to see why they didn't deserve to win. And I like how you insinuate the Mets are playing on borrowed time in one breath and in the next say the Phillies shouldn't be written off despite the fact that their pen has blown every game they could get their hands on. Typical sour grapes.

Yes, Understood every word. The Mets are lucky to win this one, blah blah blah.

 

The Mets played better than the other team on the field, I fail to see why they didn't deserve to win. And I like how you insinuate the Mets are playing on borrowed time in one breath and in the next say the Phillies shouldn't be written off despite the fact that their pen has blown every game they could get their hands on. Typical sour grapes.

 

What the hell do I have to be sour for? My team actually wins the big games.

Yes, Understood every word. The Mets are lucky to win this one, blah blah blah.

 

The Mets played better than the other team on the field, I fail to see why they didn't deserve to win. And I like how you insinuate the Mets are playing on borrowed time in one breath and in the next say the Phillies shouldn't be written off despite the fact that their pen has blown every game they could get their hands on. Typical sour grapes.

 

What the hell do I have to be sour for? My team actually wins the big games.

PWNT.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.