Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Battle of Japan

Featured Replies

King felix absolutley dominated tonight

 

17 innings 2 wins 0.00 ERA 18ks

King felix absolutley dominated tonight

 

17 innings 2 wins 0.00 ERA 18ks

wow, he threw 17 innings tonight? jk. I know what you mean. Those are some great numbers, I wish I had drafted him for my fantasy team

so glad hes on my fantasy team. now if only my hitters actually put up some numbers

Felix Hernandez was great tonight. Really had the ball moving in the strike zone and the batters were just pounding it into the turf.

 

 

Matsunaka was merely average. Which raises the question....

 

 

Will you see more of what you saw in Kansas City or tonight in Boston throughout the season?

 

 

If Seattle hadnt been still thawing out, they probably do even more damage tonight.

Felix Hernandez was great tonight. Really had the ball moving in the strike zone and the batters were just pounding it into the turf.

 

 

Matsunaka was merely average. Which raises the question....

 

 

Will you see more of what you saw in Kansas City or tonight in Boston throughout the season?

 

 

If Seattle hadnt been still thawing out, they probably do even more damage tonight.

Yeah, I'll gladly take 7 IP, 3 ER every single time he takes the mound.

 

I will continue to enjoy you going against him this season though.

Felix Hernandez was great tonight. Really had the ball moving in the strike zone and the batters were just pounding it into the turf.

 

 

Matsunaka was merely average. Which raises the question....

 

 

Will you see more of what you saw in Kansas City or tonight in Boston throughout the season?

 

 

If Seattle hadnt been still thawing out, they probably do even more damage tonight.

Yeah, I'll gladly take 7 IP, 3 ER every single time he takes the mound.

 

I will continue to enjoy you going against him this season though.

 

 

good i hope you do.

 

 

i still firmly believe he will be at his best in the first few months of the season before the league really figures him out.

 

 

it has happened with every japanese import.

i still firmly believe he will be at his best in the first few months of the season before the league really figures him out.

 

it has happened with every japanese import.

Hideo Nomo

YEAR | ERA. | WHIP | Cy Young Rank

1995 | 2.54 | 1.056 | 4th

1996 | 3.19 | 1.161 | 4th

 

:whistle

1 hitter...lovely...that should shut sawx fans up for at least 20 seconds

I thought you were a sox fan?

i still firmly believe he will be at his best in the first few months of the season before the league really figures him out.

 

it has happened with every japanese import.

Hideo Nomo

YEAR | ERA. | WHIP | Cy Young Rank

1995 | 2.54 | 1.056 | 4th

1996 | 3.19 | 1.161 | 4th

 

:whistle

 

 

 

still went up ;)

 

 

cy young rank means jack anyway.

 

 

but ya, up to now, nomo is by far the most successful japanese import.

Hideki Irabu 5.15 ERA (6yrs)

Kazuhisa Ishii 4.44 ERA (4yrs)

Hideo Nomo 4.13 ERA (11yrs)

 

These are the most known starting pitchers that are from Japan and they all have similar stats with very good first seasons and get progressivley worse over the years that they pitch because MLB hitter become accustomed to their slow delivery styles. Japan baseball is a lot diffrent compared to the MLB in Japan they throw a lot more curve balls and offspeed while MLB is more about using your fastball and mixing it up with a change or Curveball.

None of those three have the stuff or the success that Kaibutsu had either.

why do you call dice k "kaibutsu"

  • Author

Because that is his nickname.

 

are you the only person that calls him that? I havent heard it before

Because that is his nickname.

 

are you the only person that calls him that? I havent heard it before

Um, no.

1) I would just like to add that I watch/read a ton of baseball related material and I have never heard that nickname.

 

 

2) I love Dice-K and his nasty stuff and I believe/hope he becomes the great pitcher Nomo was.

 

 

3) I love Nomo.

Because that is his nickname.

does it have any ryhme or reason behind it...i mean not like it has to....dice k just sounds cool

Because that is his nickname.

does it have any ryhme or reason behind it...i mean not like it has to....dice k just sounds cool

It's what they called him in Japan. It means monster.

 

I personally like Dice-K much better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.