Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting at Va Tech

Featured Replies

I don't even know anyone over there, but I'm just shaken to the core...This could've happened at FSU when I was at class this morning, and I can't get over it.

Could have happened at any college campus.

I don't even know anyone over there, but I'm just shaken to the core...This could've happened at FSU when I was at class this morning, and I can't get over it.

Could have happened at any college campus.

Yep

This is a terrible trajedy. my thoughts and prayers to the victims faimilies and to the injured.

Seriously, anyone can get on any college campus. How many times have you seen/had people that don't even go to a certain class sit in on it?

 

Like Accord said, this is the easiest place to do an act like this.

  • Author

I agree 100%. There's nothing you can do about it. In all reality. Va Tech/everyone there is very lucky this bastard didn't have an automatic weapon (assuming he had two 9 mm).

I just heard back from one of my friends who is an engineering major which is a huge relief. Still have one more engineering I haven't heard back from yet. Awful. Just awful.

I'm not watching live coverage of this, did they confirm his weapon? I find it hard to believe he shot that many people (60+) with only two 9mm's.

  • Author

I'm not watching live coverage of this, did they confirm his weapon? I find it hard to believe he shot that many people (60+) with only two 9mm's.

 

 

Could be wrong, but that's what I thought I heard...I would find it hard to believe too.

I'm not watching live coverage of this, did they confirm his weapon? I find it hard to believe he shot that many people (60+) with only two 9mm's.

of course, he could have had like 10, 9mm strapped to him so he doesnt have to reload...anyways...this is terrible...but will continue to happen, because A. security is too expensive B. the right to bear arms often times coincides with the right to go crazy

Hey Accord, no offense dude, but letting people carry guns around a campus is not the solution. Sure in this situation perhaps the gunMan gets shot before he's able to kill so many. But how many other incidents would we have if anyone was allowed to bring guns to schools? Also, how many extra guns does the shooter now have by killing a few people who were packing?

So many of us take life for granted; this is just another reminder that we are all vulnerable 24 hours a day.

 

Bush to speak at 4:15

  • Author

I'm not watching live coverage of this, did they confirm his weapon? I find it hard to believe he shot that many people (60+) with only two 9mm's.

 

 

Could be wrong, but that's what I thought I heard...I would find it hard to believe too.

The FBI and the ATF believe the gunman, described as a young Asian male, used two handguns in the shootings before taking his own life, sources tell CBS News.

[/b]

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/16/...in2686709.shtml

At FIU there's armed FIU officers always patrolling. Don't know how it is at VT.

 

I find it hard to believe it was just two guns as well.

On Drudge:

 

Witnesses said he was heavily armed and entered the college looking for his girlfriend... He reportedly lined up students and opened fire at them. He was said to be a young Asian...

What really scares me is that on saturday someone broke into my room and stole my laptop and had no problem getting in. Imagine if the guy had been like this guy and was looking to kill someone and I had happened to be in the room.

 

I'm terrified right now, honestly. I usuaully don't get worked up about stuff like this, but with my suitemate apparently about to get into a huge fight in his room and all of this, I just don't feel safe...

 

At FIU there's armed FIU officers always patrolling. Don't know how it is at VT.

 

I find it hard to believe it was just two guns as well.

 

Yeah, but FIU only has 2 officers patrolling. Not much they would've been able to do...

Not being a dick or anything but it is times like these I'm glad I live off-campus.

 

I pray there are not a bunch of copy cat crimes in the coming days.

Here is a cell phone video where you can hear the gunfire...

 

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac6_1176750032&p=1

 

Man stuff like this makes me f***ing boil.

 

I think copy catting is a serious serious concern.

Yep, you just know some guy who just got dumped or put on academic probation or some other (in the grand scheme of things) trivial sh*t and has thoughts racing in his head.

Hell, I'm terrified to go to class tomorrow, if there was ever a combustible mix of unstable kids, it's NYU at finals time...

Not being a dick or anything but it is times like these I'm glad I live off-campus.

 

I pray there are not a bunch of copy cat crimes in the coming days.

 

I'm really worried.

 

There's a whole lot going on in my room right now since my suitemate deals and he's been accused by a bunch of people (including my roommate and I) of stealing their possessions like laptops, 360's, ipods, and jewelry and a lot of people have been looking for him. I'm just worried because of how lax security is that something may happen.

Execution-style shooting. Apparently one of the kids in the classroom(s) where this happened said they laid down on the ground and were shot. He pretended to be dead to avoid that fate.

 

I mean, f***.

By the way, thanks for freaking me out even more about going to class! I'm goin to be very very tentative.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.