Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting at Va Tech

Featured Replies

There's more to this than meets the eye.

It seems to me that this was a pre-meditated act by likely 2(or more) people. Someone carried or planted beforehand chains? So they could lock up a building? This was planned.

I know a girl that goes to VA Tech. She's an Engineering student. She's okay. Here's what she said:

 

Yeah, well when the first one happened, I was in my dorm about 10-20 yards away and then the second one was 30mins after I got off the drillfield after we got back from class, for all I know I could have passed him 'cause the only ppl on the drillfield were me, my roomate, and frat that was fundrasing, and this one guy.

 

Scary. I am just glad that she's okay. I pray for the others who weren't so lucky.

There's more to this than meets the eye.

It seems to me that this was a pre-meditated act by likely 2(or more) people. Someone carried or planted beforehand chains? So they could lock up a building? This was planned.

 

Maybe thats what went on during the two hours?

 

They havent said if it was one or two people yet did they?

Cape, are you saying that the VA Tech Campus Police don't carry weapons?

From what I understand, VTPD was unarmed at first.

 

Only Sheriffs, Muni PD, and State Police may carry firearms onto a college campus. VTPD is an Muni PD under Virginian law....but they may not have used that authority if the School's President wants no guns period.

 

VTPD, like FSUPD allows students to store firearms with the Police Department, but today I have seen no news of VTPD pulling firearms on anyone. Only Montgomery Co. Sheriffs have.

 

Again, only VTPD and VT ROTC are allowed to carry any weapons on that campus regularly.

Fox's idea is a good one.

 

I know if this happened in FIU there would be no way of sending the message out to everyone. There are no PA systems in FIU that I know of.

 

FIU engineering campus has a security officer/police officer in the downstair lobby 8-5.

 

That's my hubby- don't shoot!

 

There's always supposed to be a Police Service Technician on the Engineering campus but unfortunately, they get called away to the main campus because of a staff shortage (officers call out, not available to handle minor calls, etc...) Police shifts are 24/7/365, not just 8-5.

 

Additionally- after the first plane hit the World Trade Center, air traffic continued as usual. Only after the 2nd plane crashed did the Prez shut stuff down. We expect a college campus to be better prepared for an attack than the United States of America??

 

In all fairness, there probably was no contingency plan for a campus shooting. Let's face it, we just aren't prepared for everything that could possibly happen in the world.

 

I also heard via a DJ's show this morning~ a person called in and said their comments about the shootings. He was very proud to claim his son packs a 'small' gun while going to class. So- there are tons of concealed weapons which people carry and we know nothing about. When someone cracks, if a weapon is handy, goodbye.

I, like a lot of fellow students, am wearing maroon and orange today to class.

 

The student gov't set up a bunch of tables where you can write messages to the firends and family of those that have loss someone that the school will be sending.

 

Anyone else's school doing anything?

I know that even at the elementary level, students are talking about it. There has been no official word yet from Miami-Dade County Public Schools.

 

But I'm sure that there's going to be an emergency meeting called to get all school personnel ready for something like this.

 

Just so you know- no Florida teacher is allowed to carry a weapon- that includes pepper spray. If found, we are subject to disciplinary action (aka getting fired).

  • Author

Thurs/Friday we will be doing the message thing along with donations/whatever else people want to give to be taken to Tech.

ABC News has learned the shooter who killed himself was Seung Hui Cho, a student of Korean descent who lived in a campus dorm. Cho was reportedly carrying a backpack with a receipt for the purchase of a 9 mm handgun.

Edit: He isn't on Facebook

 

Hard link:

Seung Hui Cho, a permanent resident of the United States, a Korean national and a Virginia Tech student has been identified as the gunman in the shootings that left 33 people dead on the Virginia Tech campus Monday, ABC News has learned.

 

The student left a "disturbing note" before killing two people in a dorm room, returning to his own room to re-arm and entering a classroom building on the other side of campus to continue his rampage, sources said.

 

Cho's identitiy has been confirmed with a positive fingerprint match on the guns used in the rampage and with immigration materials. It is believed that he was the shooter in both incidents yesterday. Sources say Cho was carrying a backpack that contained receipts for a March purchase of a Glock 9 mm pistol, sources said. Witnesses had also told authorities that the shooter was carrying a backpack. Sections of chain similar to those used to lock the main doors at Norris Hall, the site of the second shooting that left 31 dead, were found inside a Virginia Tech dormitory, sources confirmed to ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048108&page=1

 

Edit 2: He was a senior, english major

ABC News has learned the shooter who killed himself was Seung Hui Cho, a student of Korean descent who lived in a campus dorm. Cho was reportedly carrying a backpack with a receipt for the purchase of a 9 mm handgun.

Edit: He isn't on Facebook

 

Hard link:

Seung Hui Cho, a permanent resident of the United States, a Korean national and a Virginia Tech student has been identified as the gunman in the shootings that left 33 people dead on the Virginia Tech campus Monday, ABC News has learned.

 

The student left a "disturbing note" before killing two people in a dorm room, returning to his own room to re-arm and entering a classroom building on the other side of campus to continue his rampage, sources said.

 

Cho's identitiy has been confirmed with a positive fingerprint match on the guns used in the rampage and with immigration materials. It is believed that he was the shooter in both incidents yesterday. Sources say Cho was carrying a backpack that contained receipts for a March purchase of a Glock 9 mm pistol, sources said. Witnesses had also told authorities that the shooter was carrying a backpack. Sections of chain similar to those used to lock the main doors at Norris Hall, the site of the second shooting that left 31 dead, were found inside a Virginia Tech dormitory, sources confirmed to ABC News.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3048108&page=1

 

Edit 2: He was a senior, english major

 

 

What a piece of sh*t that kid is. I wish he didnt kill himself and was captured.

I wish he just got lit up by Police or got attacked by several students.

 

This is a situation where, a trial just draws things out and he probably ends up making a mockery of the event and spouting nonsense that just hurts the families more.

I wish he just got lit up by Police or got attacked by several students.

 

This is a situation where, a trial just draws things out and he probably ends up making a mockery of the event and spouting nonsense that just hurts the families more.

 

Agreed. I wouldnt be as mad if he was killed by the police or attacked by a german sheppard.

We know yet what this guys' story was?

The love triangle theory is the most prevelant.

 

Personally, I'm going to be even more sick if this was all about a girl.

 

Edit: The name is actually Cho Seung-Hui.

Wrong kid is getting death threats.

"I Want to Clear My Name"

 

April 16, 2007 11:02 PM

 

Richard Esposito Reports:

 

He is Asian, he lived in the dorm where the first shooting occurred and he recently broke up with his girlfriend -- he also happens to have a web blog packed with pictures in which he poses with firearms. On the Internet, Wayne Chiang is as good as convicted.

 

He has received 37,000 hits on his Web site over the past several hours, many containing death threats, he says.

 

"Right now pretty much the Internet thinks it is me, Chiang told ABC News. "I am just interested in trying to clear my name.

 

"It was five for five. I was Asian, I lived in (the dorm), I go to V Tech, I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I collect guns," Chiang, who initially contacted ABC affiliate KNXV.

 

Three separate federal sources have told ABC News that Chiang is not a suspect or a person of interest in their investigation.

 

A quick browse through his Web site, however, makes the coincidence that has triggered the avalanche of email to his site almost understandable. Chiang posts pictures of his H&K semi-automatic weapons, poses draped in at least a half dozen Russian rifles, and shows himself looking down the sights of another weapon. He also recounts his recent breakup with another Virginia Tech student.

 

"I am a federally licensed firearms collector," Chiang said. He said that numerous media organizations had told him he was a person of interest in the investigation but that no authorities had contacted him. Nor had he contacted any authorities.

 

The Chantilly, Va., resident is passionate about his right to bear arms, concealed weapons included. And thinks that carrying them on campus is OK.

 

"I am a firm believer that if Virginia tech students were allowed to conceal carry this situation could have ended sooner."

 

Click here for Brian Ross & Investigative Team's Homepage

doesn't make sense that they still think it was one shooter...what happened in that two hours??

doesn't make sense that they still think it was one shooter...what happened in that two hours??

 

Apparently he went back to his dorm and wrote a note.

I really feel for this poor kid's parents. Must be the most terrible lonely feeling in the world.

 

The families of those killed by him also must be going through some very terrible emotions.

 

I really hope closure comes quickly and justly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.