Fish @ Rays 5/20 from the Trop 1:40pm

CTMarlinsfan

courtesy mlb.com:

Florida is now in a position to earn its first series sweep of the 10-game trip, but needs to use what's worked over the last two games -- attack the starters early and then work against the struggling bullpen -- if the Marlins want to succeed.

They'll also need a dominant outing from their starting staff, and that's where Sergio Mitre comes in.

The right-hander has the lowest ERA on his staff among the starters, and has also issued just eight walks in six starts.

Mitre has been solid all season long, but especially so in the last three starts he's had since a stint on the disabled list with a blister. During those starts, he allowed just three earned runs over 21 2/3 innings (1.25 ERA).

The right-hander went 7 2/3 innings deep into his latest outing, holding the Pirates to three runs, two earned, on eight hits. He was rewarded with his first win of the season, and first in more than a year.

The Rays will send James Shields to oppose Mitre. Shields has emerged as a model of consistency on a young, erratic staff this season. The righty has yet to walk more than two hitters in any of his eight outings that span a team-high 60 1/3 innings.

Shields is 0-1 with a 12.67 ERA in one career start against Florida.

The Marlins are 32-21 against Tampa Bay, and 1-0 this season.

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP Sergio Mitre (1-2, 2.18 ERA)

This will mark Mitre's first start on turf, as each of his previous 57 career outings have come on grass. He has yet to face the Rays in the parts of five years he's spent in the Majors.

TB: RHP James Shields (3-0, 3.13 ERA)

On Tuesday, the 25-year-old limited Texas to three runs on six hits. He walked none in his eight innings and fanned five, but was saddled with the no-decision when he left with the game tied at 3.

Complete coverage >

Player to watch

Josh Willingham is 2-for-3 in his career against Shields, with a double and two RBIs.

Tickets

Buy tickets now to catch the game in person.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? FSN-HD

On radio

? WQAM 560, WQBA 1140 (Espa?ol)

Up next

? Sunday: Off-day

? Tuesday: Marlins (Scott Olsen, 3-3, 4.80) vs. Philadelphia (Cole Hamels, 6-1, 3.30), 7:05 p.m. ET

? Wednesday: Marlins (Byung-Hyun Kim, 2-2, 7.15) vs. Philadelphia (Freddy Garcia, 1-3, 4.86), 7:05 p.m. ET

We were 11-30 today last year...on track to become 11-31 at the end of the day...

we are now 20-23 (we've played 2 more games than we had at this point last year)...what a diference a year makes!

he will be playing in LF today...kinda excited to see him.

lets go marlins lets get the sweep!

p.s. Im pitching today, and by me i mean Sergio, some of my friends and cousins think i look just like him when i put my marlins hat on. :cheers

I like how that guy ripped the bat from that kid's hands.

Then when they got the bat back to give it back to Hanley, and were giving away a different bat, the bat went to the kids and the guy was like "what the f***"