Clemens scratched from start

Ramp

BOSTON -- Roger Clemens has a fatigued right groin and will not pitch in the Yankees' upcoming series against the White Sox, the team announced Saturday.

Clemens will be re-evaluated in Tampa, Yankees spokesman Jason Zillo said. General manager Brian Cashman is expected to make an announcement after the team's game against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.

Clemens, 44, had been listed as the Yankees' probable starter for Monday at U.S. Cellular Field, making his first start of the season after signing a pro-rated one-year, $28 million deal with New York on May 6.

Clemens made a series of three starts in the Minor League chain, pitching for Class A Tampa, Double-A Trenton and Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre before telling Yankees manager Joe Torre via e-mail that he would be prepared to pitch Monday at Chicago.

Clemens threw a flat-ground session on Friday in Houston and was expected to throw downhill off a mound in a final pre-start workout Saturday. The Yankees have not announced a new probable starter for Monday's game.

linketh

Money wellllllllll spent.

They aren't paying him anything until he pitches in a MLB level game.

I know that, but when he does come up, he'll be paid 23 Mil prorated to ptich for a team that's closing in on last place in the AL East and probably 15 games out of the division and near 10 games out of the wild card. Good thing they're paying him so much.

I know that, but when he does come up, he'll be paid 23 Mil prorated to ptich for a team that's closing in on last place in the AL East and probably 15 games out of the division and near 10 games out of the wild card. Good thing they're paying him so much.

Who cares? Its the owners money not everyone elses.

Even though I dont like the yankees I hope they start playing better. I think baseball as a whole is better when they are good. If they let the redsox skate away there will be no drama. The series that they are playing this weekend really hasnt mattered much. Whereas, if the yankees were 3 games back instead of 13 it would be a different story.

Even though I dont like the yankees I hope they start playing better. I think baseball as a whole is better when they are good. If they let the redsox skate away there will be no drama. The series that they are playing this weekend really hasnt mattered much. Whereas, if the yankees were 3 games back instead of 13 it would be a different story.

what happened to the other races in the other divisions? did they vanish? mlb doesn't and shouldn't revolve around the yankees and red sox. it's very unhealthy.

what happened to the other races in the other divisions? did they vanish? mlb doesn't and shouldn't revolve around the yankees and red sox. it's very unhealthy.

I dont think it should all revolved around the yankees and redsox. However, I think the mlb is better off as a whole with the yankees being a good team. The yankees are the highest profile team in the league and play in the biggest market. They tend to sell out every stadium they play in and also get some of the highest tv ratings. I am not saying I think they should go to the world series every year, but i think the league is better of with the yankees being a good team than they are with them being a poor team.

Yankees just stated they have no plans on turning back on the contract, so apparently they will pay him. I really hate the yankees. I don't know what angers me more, the fact that they have enough money to just throw 23 mill in Rogers face for a little over half a season or that fact the roger can just jump into the middle of the season.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.