Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 All-Star Selection Show

Featured Replies

Good to see Cabrera make it, I hope Hanley, or Uggla are in the final vote.

 

They aren't.

Who is?

Good to see Cabrera make it, I hope Hanley, or Uggla are in the final vote.

 

They aren't.

It really wouldn't matter since there's no way a Marlin would win the final vote.

Good to see Cabrera make it, I hope Hanley, or Uggla are in the final vote.

 

They aren't.

Who is?

 

 

 

Gorzelanny, Oswalt, Webb, Chris Young, and Zambrano for NL.

  • Author

Pitchers

 

Francisco Cordero

Brian Fuentes

Cole Hamels

Trevor Hoffman

Jake Peavy

Brad Penny

Takashi Saito

Ben Sheets

John Smoltz

Jose Valverde

Billy Wagner

  • Author

Damn, Uggla and/or Hanley got screwed.

If guys like Byrnes don't make it, why the hell would Uggla make it? When you look at his numbers, he really doesn't deserve it.

Damn, Uggla and/or Hanley got screwed.

If guys like Byrnes don't make it, why the hell would Uggla make it? When you look at his numbers, he really doesn't deserve it.

 

 

yup he really doesnt

how the hell is chris young not a starter?

 

i thought that 3/4 of hanley, renteria, rollins, and hardy would make it. i think renteria and hardy deserve it most with the final spot between hanley and rollins

Ortiz should sit out so that Youk could play.

 

I hope Pap doesn't pitch and if Okie makes it, he doesn't either.

It sucks that both final votes are all pitchers......

 

One Marlin in All-Stars? Oh well, we'll show 'em when we win the world series.

It's amazing how the one sport that has tremendous potential to have the best all-star game imaginable botches it year after year.

 

Players don't go, fans maybe get 3 positions right, reserves have to be from every team.

It's amazing how the one sport that has tremendous potential to have the best all-star game imaginable botches it year after year.

 

Players don't go, fans maybe get 3 positions right, reserves have to be from every team.

I, for one, actually like that rule.

No, it sucks.

 

Don't use the term all-star if you have to have a player from every team. The only time I'd be okay with it is if the host team didn't have a player already on the squad.

 

I'm also sick of the home field advantage coming from a game that fans decide 8 (or 9) of the players and that doesn't take the best of the best. I used to like the idea because I like this game being competitive and such but after spending a 'bit' of time 'thinking' about it, you can tell it is just an ass backwards way of doing things. Much like most things MLB does.

Brian Fuentes? What the hell.. Isringhausen may have deserved it just as much.. I thought he was the only Rockies selection but thats not even close to the case.. there was nobody better than Fuentes? Riiight!! lolz but I dont even care.. we dont even deserve an All-Star this year!

No, it sucks.

 

Don't use the term all-star if you have to have a player from every team. The only time I'd be okay with it is if the host team didn't have a player already on the squad.

 

I'm also sick of the home field advantage coming from a game that fans decide 8 (or 9) of the players and that doesn't take the best of the best. I used to like the idea because I like this game being competitive and such but after spending a 'bit' of time 'thinking' about it, you can tell it is just an ass backwards way of doing things. Much like most things MLB does.

The ASG deciding home field advantage is dumb no matter how it is decided.

 

The ASG is the fans game. Every team should have a player in it for the fans of that team.

Every team should have a player. No major league team is without an All Star. But Tony LaRussa was pitiful in picking players to meet the cap. Dmitri Young? Brian Fuentes?

 

Typical sh*t from LaRussa.

Brian Fuentes? What the hell.. Isringhausen may have deserved it just as much.. I thought he was the only Rockies selection but thats not even close to the case.. there was nobody better than Fuentes? Riiight!! lolz but I dont even care.. we dont even deserve an All-Star this year!

There are a bunch of better choices.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.