Miguel Cabrera backup, Hanley not even voted in.

benmlb12935

It is so stupid how Hanley Ramirez is not even starting let alone being in there.

Hanley Ramirez- .320 11 HR 29 RBIs 65 runs 24 sb .378 OBP .505 slg .883 OPS

Jose Reyes- .317 4 HR 34 RBIs 55 runs 39 SB .398 OBP .453 slg .851 OPS

Cabs should be starting also, at least hes in though.

It doesn't hurt New York has 2 MLB parks where fans can stuff ballots in. Like Yankees & Mets fans don't put NY all the way to get Mets vs. Yankees again in the ASG. In recent years MLB has been able to curtail this by cutting down time for in-park ballots and the introduction of online voting.

Teams with the most players are Mets and Brewers at 4. Not that long ago the Marlins had 4...and they weren't tops in the NL. Since the tie in 2002, the All Star Game rosters have been better and the fan vote more responsible.

It may not be such a bad thing for Miggy to be the only one there. He can work on the home run derby while the rest of the team rests.

The Fish have a long second half ahead which hopefully will see them rebound.

Only 2 shortstops made it. You couldn't leave Hardy out of the game and it was obvious from day 1 Reyes was going to win the fan vote.

I agree, but I think that with all the great shortstops in the NL there should have atleast been 3 in the game. No need for four 1B and I still don't know why we need more pitchers than innings.

Only 2 shortstops made it. You couldn't leave Hardy out of the game and it was obvious from day 1 Reyes was going to win the fan vote.

I agree, but I think that with all the great shortstops in the NL there should have atleast been 3 in the game. I still don't know why we need more pitchers than innings.

There definatly should have been more NL shortstops, but if you were pick only 2, it's understandable if Hanley is left out. Hanley will make plenty of all star games in his career though, so this one time isn't too much to fret over yet.

Thats why Orlando Hudson should have been left out for Hanley Ramirez. Two shortstops with this year's depth at that position is just stupidity. Besides, it's not like Hudson was the D-Back's only option.

Thats why Orlando Hudson should have been left out for Hanley Ramirez. Two shortstops with this year's depth at that position is just stupidity. Besides, it's not like Hudson was the D-Back's only option.

well Freddy Sanchez can play 2b, SS, 3b so he is the utility guy I guess