Is Fredi really serious?

hanley2

top of the 3rd, down by 8 runs, ok any other day probably throw in the towel which we all know fredi loves to do, but the game b4 the AS break, let obermueller hit with runners on 2nd and 3rd so he can make an out and continue to give up 5 runs an inning? who knows maybe we could score 3 or 4 against hendrickson with a pinch hit, but no, strikeout for wes, fredi continues to be a puss. saving the bullpen because the 4 days off it has coming up just isnt enough? how many times has wes been left to hit in these early situations? way to surrender before the 5th inning again fredi.

We are down by 8 runs.

Everyone outside of Gardner and Ramirez have been overworked. Each going 2-3 innings to finish the game is fine. It's a lost cause, no reason to tire out our already tired guys, regardless of the break. Last thing we need is an injury in a lost-cause game.

top of the 3rd, down by 8 runs, ok any other day probably throw in the towel which we all know fredi loves to do, but the game b4 the AS break, let obermueller hit with runners on 2nd and 3rd so he can make an out and continue to give up 5 runs an inning? who knows maybe we could score 3 or 4 against hendrickson with a pinch hit, but no, strikeout for wes, fredi continues to be a puss. saving the bullpen because the 4 days off it has coming up just isnt enough? how many times has wes been left to hit in these early situations? way to surrender before the 5th inning again fredi.

Its called long relief.

Its called long relief.

right but wasnt that the point of wes going in

Its called long relief.

right but wasnt that the point of wes going in

What??

Its called long relief.

he gave up 5 runs in his 1st inning and you're really gonna tell me that, give me a break

Who pitches the remaining 7 innings? Rick Kranitz?

Who pitches the remaining 7 innings? Rick Kranitz?

I am guessing Wood because he threw a scoreless inning. :whistle

Its called long relief.

he gave up 5 runs in his 1st inning and you're really gonna tell me that, give me a break

And he just pitched a scoreless inning. When your down 8 runs (6) now you need to eat up innings. Your not gonna run your whole bullpen out there in the 3rd inning, especially when the bench is already short.

i understand what you guys are saying and its not fredi's fault olsen got hurt but over the span of the season, when hes not making the wrong decisions about who to bring in, fredi babies the bullpen and has thrown in the towel early, with runners on base and no outs, a bunch of times, its the day b4 the AS break and this is just a microcosm the way he has handled certain games in the 1st half

we'll just have to agree to disagree, we're never gonna have a big inning when you let the pitcher (not dontrelle, sometimes not olsen) hit with runners on 2nd and 3rd and no out, and obermueller isn't even in the game now anyway, someone could've thrown that 1 extra inning

Yeah, we've had these threads every single time there's been a starter pulled early and we need a reliever to go a few innings. I'm not sure if you realize it, but Obermueller came in in the 2nd inning. If we pull him, we have 7 innings to go in the game and only have like 4-5 pitchers who are even available, probably.

Sometimes you've gotta just chalk one up in the lost cause column and just try to get out without any injuries.

2/3 on the road is unacceptable

Yeah. Damn them for not getting that sweep! Damn them for not going a perfect 7-0 on the road trip through the two best pitching staffs in the national league. Damn them for thinking 4 out of 7 is good baseball. What a bunch of schmoes!

FIRE FREDDI!?!@> FIRE BEINFEST!IO_#!@#

Yeah. Damn them for not getting that sweep! Damn them for not going a perfect 7-0 on the road trip through the two best pitching staffs in the national league. Damn them for thinking 4 out of 7 is good baseball. What a bunch of schmoes!

man you guys are so smart, you really put me in my place, thats some real intelligence

nobody said damn them, or anything about going perfect

it was about not letting the f***ing pitcher hit with 0 out and 2 in scoring position with no games for 4 days

Damn you fools for making mountains out of molehills and continuing to post bs and sarcasm

man you guys are so smart, you really put me in my place, thats some real intelligence

nobody said damn them, or anything about going perfect

it was about not letting the f***ing pitcher hit with 0 out and 2 in scoring position with no games for 4 days

Damn you fools for making mountains out of molehills and continuing to post bs and sarcasm

The Marlene Dietrich of MB.Com

Calm down guy

If it were the 5th inning I would agree. (There was a similar situation a week or two ago where I thought the pitcher should have been PH for.) But it's simply too early in the game especially when 1. You've already used a bench player and 2. already into the bullpen and no real long reliever available after OB.