TRAVELERS: Airport security question

Is this a question or a statement?

Because I've never been hassled over toiletries in about 2 months.

I have.... last 2 times I have went to NYC they've given me sh*t for not having my stuff in 1 plastic bag

I lost a full toothpaste!

Not a huge deal either way... just gotta get travel sized stuff or put my bag underneath

I started checking all my stuff now because I hate dealing with that BS.

Same. Just easier. Plus, then you don't have to do the overhead shuffle because some doushe decided that their "carry on" is a four foot long duffle bag, an umbrella, a baby carriage, and a big top tent...

I started checking all my stuff now because I hate dealing with that BS.

Same. Just easier. Plus, then you don't have to do the overhead shuffle because some doushe decided that their "carry on" is a four foot long duffle bag, an umbrella, a baby carriage, and a big top tent...

hahaha that happens all the time. The last time I flew, a lady had a half dozen roses and she took up 3/4 of the overhead space. Instead of putting them straight in and taking 4 inches of space, she put them in the long way. Luckily some guy called her selfish and moved them himself to another place.

I'm flying next week (first time commercially since 9/11) and I am worried I'm going to forget to leave my pocketknife at home and get arrested.

I bring my pocketknife on planes all the time.

I put it in my CHECKED luggage. :thumbup

Never had a problem and Ive brought it on about 18 trips since 9/11.

I'm flying next week (first time commercially since 9/11) and I am worried I'm going to forget to leave my pocketknife at home and get arrested.

So you don't carry it, correct?

Im flying to NYC in a few weeks... Last time I flew they gave me sh*t about every tol. possible... That is because I took my bags on the plane. If you check the bags then you can bring whatever you want...

Im not going to bring anything but my tooth brush on my trip... Just gonna buy the sh*t there...

If I am going to just one destination and will be there for over 5 days, then I will usually check a bag. If I am going to multiple places or just a short trip I tend to carry the bag on with me. I just hate waiting for the bags to come out once you land. I have waited over an hour several times at MIA.

No, I dont carry it. I don't know the specific charge but Im sure carrying it on the plane is at least a 2nd degree felony. Plus, you would hope that security would discover it before you got on the plane.

I usually wrap it in a sock and put it in a pair of shoes in my CHECKED luggage.

I was traveling through Europe 3 years ago with my grandparents, and my grandpa bought a knife in Denmark, mistakenly put it in his carry-on, we traveled to Sweden where it went undetected and when we were going to Norway they found it but let him take it through anyway.

Maybe this was just one incidence, but I think we are more strict about airport security than other countries are.

No, I dont carry it. I don't know the specific charge but Im sure carrying it on the plane is at least a 2nd degree felony. Plus, you would hope that security would discover it before you got on the plane.

I usually wrap it in a sock and put it in a pair of shoes in my CHECKED luggage.

I put it in my pocket every day, it's just a habit for me, especially since I cut boxes open for a living. I'll try to put where I won't find it the night before my flight. :thumbup

Were you asking me if I carry it on a regular basis?

If so, yes I do. Everyday. But when Im packing the night before a trip (which I always do cause I procrastinate packing) I always put the knife in luggage that will get checked and not my carry on luggage.

Im like you, if I leave the house Im leavin the house with my knife.

Guest Night Phantom

If you ever want to make sure they don't lose your checked in baggage, take one of your guns in your bag and report that you're taking it. It's perfectly legal (because it's checked in) and they definitely won't be losing that one.

If you ever want to make sure they don't lose your checked in baggage, take one of your guns in your bag and report that you're taking it. It's perfectly legal (because it's checked in) and they definitely won't be losing that one.

it's true...as long as you declare you are taking firearms, it's 100% legal...

now, if only I had a gun...

Southwest has never lost my luggage and 90% of the time it's out within 5-15 mins...and 1 time (my friend was working the flight in Hartford) since there were only 12 bags, they beat me to the carousel!

Southwest has never lost my luggage and 90% of the time it's out within 5-15 mins...and 1 time (my friend was working the flight in Hartford) since there were only 12 bags, they beat me to the carousel!

buy a water gun.

buy a water gun.

Or a pistol that shoots blanks

HAHAHAHA! Thanks, I needed that laugh after sitting on a plane for 6 hours