500 Homers- Frank Thomas

3,000 Hits- Craig Biggio

350 Wins- Roger Clemens

500 Saves- Trevor Hoffman

10,000 Losses- Philadelphia Phillies (10,000) = Achieved July 15, 2007

Milestone Watch:

756 Homers- Barry Bonds (751)

600 Homers- Ken Griffey Jr. (586)

500 Homers- Alex Rodriguez(495), Jim Thome (487)

300 Wins- Tommy Glavine (298)

Outside shots:

500 Homers: Gary Sheffield (477), Manny Ramirez (482)

10,000 Wins: Chicago Cubs (9,946)

350 Wins: Greg Maddux (340)

Also, this one is not really a real milestone but, if the Braves play 20 games over .500 in the second half their all-time W/L will be at .500 for the first time since the 1920s*.

*Don't quote me on that.

Any others?

Guest Festa

How many other teams have won/lost 10,000?

Giants are the only club with 10,000 wins. If the Phillies lose today they'll be the first to join the 10,000 loss club.

Guest Festa

Phillies are down 6-0 in the bottom of the 6th, so loss #10,000 may very well be tonight.

The last time the Phillies franchise was at .500: EDIT: 5-15-1922 according to ESPN

:thumbup

arent the cubs closing in on 10,000 wins?

As long as they've been around, I'm surprised they haven't hit 10,000 wins yet.

What's their win%?

Which active team has the highest win%?

I know the DRays are on course to be far and away the most futile franchise in MLB history and even at this rate, they'll hit 10,000 losses in about 91 years...

Guest Festa

I can't wait til Bonds breaks 3000 and people somehow try to say that steroids helped him get base hits.

They sure helped him jack more balls and stay around this long. :thumbup

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I can't wait til Bonds breaks 3000 and people somehow try to say that steroids helped him get base hits.

They sure helped him jack more balls and stay around this long. :thumbup

Yeah. I don't have a problem with Bonds at this point, but how anyone can say steroids wouldn't help you swing a baseball bat is beyond me. Being unnaturally strong would make the bat feel lighter. A lighter bat is easier to swing and you can make subtle adjustments more easily and quickly. Thus, if someone had the mental ability to track a pitch being thrown and determine its trajectory, being on steroids would decrease the reaction time needed to hit the ball, resulting in more hits and more solid contact.

What makes Bonds amazing regardless of any performance enhancers, is his strike zone judgment and his ability to wait for his pitch.

So I was just reading an article about how Griffey just passed Frank Robinson for 6th on the All Time homerun list and the next person for him to pass would be Sammy Sosa. Sosa is only 1 year older than Griffey which got me thinking; who will end up with more career HR's Griffey or Sosa?

I think it is a pretty fair/interesting question.

Griffey is just the year younger, has the injury history, and isn't the most motivated of the all-time greats.

Sosa is a year older and has 15 more homers on Junior.

That said, I see them both playing for two years more with Sosa more likely to have his body crumble and/or his game fall apart like it did in Baltimore and Griffey to stay consistent.

I think it is a pretty fair/interesting question.

Griffey is just the year younger, has the injury history, and isn't the most motivated of the all-time greats.

Sosa is a year older and has 15 more homers on Junior.

That said, I see them both playing for two years more with Sosa more likely to have his body crumble and/or his game fall apart like it did in Baltimore and Griffey to stay consistent.

yeah, I mean Sammy's production has obviously fallen off, but he has had a good year this year and he's 15 ahead of Griffey. I still think Griffey will end up ahead, but it could be close.