Rays Pen

i dont care how many young good position players they have...if they have no pitching...it doesnt make a difference and that is why Tampa and Texas will never win a world series

the pitching is getting close :thumbup

Right on --

1. Kazmir

2. Price

3. Davis

4. McGee

5. Niemann

Yikes. That's scary.

Hellickson should be a good pen arm. I think Edwin Jackson could actually be a pretty good set-up man or closer if he can build some confidence. Shields will be fairly solid out of the pen as well.

Pair that with:

1B: Carlos Pena

2B: BJ Upton

3B: Evan Longoria

SS: Reid Brignac

OF: Delmon Young

OF: Carl Crawford

OF: BJ Upton

Too bad Rocco Baldelli can't stay on the field. They are stacked.

i dont care how many young good position players they have...if they have no pitching...it doesnt make a difference and that is why Tampa and Texas will never win a world series

Right on --

1. Kazmir

2. Price

3. Davis

4. McGee

5. Niemann

Yikes. That's scary.

Hellickson should be a good pen arm. I think Edwin Jackson could actually be a pretty good set-up man or closer if he can build some confidence. Shields will be fairly solid out of the pen as well.

Pair that with:

Dang i wonder if theyll ever find a place for Joel Guzman, formor top 25 prospect was too big for SS, shaky at third and had no option in the Outfeild. He's only 22 though. If he comes around and eventually maybe bocomes a good 1B. There lineup might someday match the Yankees. Not to mention the rotation. A bullpen is alot easier to build then a rotation or a lineup.

Right on --

1. Kazmir

2. Price

3. Davis

4. McGee

5. Niemann

Yikes. That's scary.

Pair that with:

BJ Upton is freaking crazy.

It doesn't make sense to boot Shields out of that rotation in the future, unless they trade him for relievers or a catcher.

Unfortunately for the D-Rays, they don't really have a quality catching prospect down on the farm.

I would also watch out for ANOTHER good outfield prospect who isn't that well known right now but has been playing very well, Desmond Jennings.

It doesn't make sense to boot Shields out of that rotation in the future, unless they trade him for relievers or a catcher.

Unfortunately for the D-Rays, they don't really have a quality catching prospect down on the farm.

I would also watch out for ANOTHER good outfield prospect who isn't that well known right now but has been playing very well, Desmond Jennings.

It makes plenty of sense to boot Shields out of that rotation in the future. Young pitchers get booted out of the rotation all the time. He's not going to make it through 4 turns on an MLB lineup, but his stuff is enough to work for one turn. He's been getting beaten up quite a bit lately. He'd be an effective 7th or 8th inning arm. Edwin Jackson is the same way.

--

Obviously, I got a little sidetracked when filling out the lineup. The second BJ Upton could easily be replaced by Guzman, Baldelli or even Jennings who was mentioned earlier. Or Upton may easily remain in the outfield with Harris taking second base. It depends how those lesser outfield prospects pan out.