Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roxy Bernstein's contract not extended

Featured Replies

Roxy was infinitely better than Waltz IMO.

 

Actually sorry to hear him go.

 

And say what you want about DVH. Yes he's forgetful and goes on tangents but to say he doesnt have a great baseball radio voice is laughable.

 

Well, Roxy was good at his job and Waltz was terrible at his job.

 

DVH has that classic stlye voice, which is nice, but when I was listening one night and heard "Fouled straight back into the net...................................

.

.....

 

 

.

.

.

................

...

.

Up, Up and away! HR to left centerfield" I was done with him.

as Neil Rodgers put it DAVE VAN BORING can't be out of here fast enough, but I think his relationship with Loria will keep him here forever, and I think his call of the last out of the 2003 series is the LAMEST thing I have ever heard, Angel I can take or leave, I think Hutton is fine,

Waltz and Bernstein did nothing for me,

 

I would love Boog or Dave O'Brien to come back and do the games.....

Neil Rodgers is a moron.

 

 

 

Neil Rogers is the king of South Florida radio. You're a moron.

as Neil Rodgers put it DAVE VAN BORING can't be out of here fast enough, but I think his relationship with Loria will keep him here forever, and I think his call of the last out of the 2003 series is the LAMEST thing I have ever heard, Angel I can take or leave, I think Hutton is fine,

Waltz and Bernstein did nothing for me,

 

I would love Boog or Dave O'Brien to come back and do the games.....

Neil Rodgers is a moron.

 

 

 

Neil Rogers is the king of South Florida radio. You're a moron.

He can be the King of Scotland for all I care. He's moronic. The only thing he is good for is feuding with Jack Thompson.

 

And I am sorry that I triggered your knee jerk, idiot, Neil Rogers fanboy reaction.

Honest question-other than living somewhere in S. Florida, what has DVH done to promote the team. Have not seen him at any retirement homes selling group packages.

 

Hmmmm. I have to wonder why you are hanging out at retirement homes.

 

(just yankin your chain BTW)

as Neil Rodgers put it DAVE VAN BORING can't be out of here fast enough, but I think his relationship with Loria will keep him here forever, and I think his call of the last out of the 2003 series is the LAMEST thing I have ever heard, Angel I can take or leave, I think Hutton is fine,

Waltz and Bernstein did nothing for me,

 

I would love Boog or Dave O'Brien to come back and do the games.....

Neil Rodgers is a moron.

 

 

 

Neil Rogers is the king of South Florida radio. You're a moron.

 

 

Meanwhile at the LeBatard residence...

 

*LeBatard turns on computer and signs onto MB.com*

 

*sees post above*

 

*scoffs*

 

Horsemuffins!

Marlins VP: We want radio announcer here year-round

 

Posted on Wed, Oct. 03, 2007

 

BY BARRY JACKSON

bjackson@MiamiHerald.com

 

Roxy Bernstein's dismissal as a Marlins radio announcer this week had a lot to do with the fact he never gave up his University of California basketball radio job, didn't live in South Florida during the winter and, in the Marlins' eyes, didn't make the Marlins his clear-cut No. 1 priority. Bernstein said he believes he could have kept his Marlins job if he relinquished the Cal basketball job and lived in South Florida year-round, but team sources said his contract would not have been renewed regardless.

 

''Cal is where I went to school and it's very important to me,'' Bernstein said. ``It's my passion.''

 

Asked if he's disappointed, he said ``yes and no. I don't have any hard feelings.''

 

Bernstein, 35, isn't sure if he'll get back the Cal football play-by-play job he gave up when he took the Marlins job before the 2005 season.

 

Marlins executive vice president P.J. Loyello said the team needs ''someone who wants to be here year-round and help promote the team.'' Dave Van Horne will remain the Marlins' lead radio announcer. The games, which had been on WQAM, very likely will move to 790 The Ticket. The team will take the rights in-house, meaning it will sell the ads.

 

http://www.miamiherald.com/591/story/258732.html

Just in case Jerry del Castillo missed it.

 

;)

He can be the King of Scotland for all I care. He's moronic.

Wouldn't that make him the Last King of Scotland?

 

 

 

Because Idi Amin was pretty moronic himself.

  • Author

Just in case Jerry del Castillo missed it.

 

;)

 

 

 

 

I don't think JDC cares about who broadcasts the marlins games in english

I just read about this today and Im very dissappointed. I like DVH and Roxy. They each added their own cool quirks to the game. I only listen to the games on the radio, and love hearing Roxy say "That was a bad call by the ump!" or when DVH says, "Up, up, and away!" They both pwned the television guys! Wow, this team has offseason dissappointments every year! :banghead

welcome to the marlins drama league! latest drama: Roxy is off the marlens radio air waves!! We have

listened to D.V.H. and roxy for years. we love baseball on the radio! They both have good chemestry

Roxy put alot of heart in that program.... I really enjoyed the 10th inning show. WE just LOVED his style. :confused :confused

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.