Should I get a Chevy Tahoe or a Ford Expedition Limited

TheDon

I'd go with the Tahoe, better powertrains, better interiors, better looks. Hell, you could even get a Tahoe Hybrid if you felt so inclined.

Funny you mention it because I just found out today that they offer the Tahoe in a Hybrid version. I'm gonna look further into it because I'd be really into that. Im guessing its gonna cost at least 4K more though.

And I agree completely that it looks better than the Expedition.

That is a big misconception about Ford especially their trucks. Read Consumer Reports and you'll see how they rate the new Ford's and Lincoln's.

Personally I like the look of the Tahoe. I need to know if you'd be getting the equivalent Tahoe 'Limited' or is that just on the Expedition?

No I would get the equivalent. I think they call it an "LTZ".

Here's the deal, I want the Tahoe. Bigtime. But my wife is all about the Expedition cause the 3rd row seating folds down (all power) and it has a higher safety rating than the Tahoe.

She has dug in pretty deep on this. It could go the full 10 rounds and go to the judges. Real close.

Get the Ford if you like spending money on repairs.

I've had a F-250 for 6 years and haven't had to repair anything on it ever.

Meh, I've had a Ford Focus for about 3 years and it's had to have f***ing everything repaired. I guess they do trucks better.

My brother also had a Ford Focus that was pretty junky.

He thanks God every morning that he wrecked that piece of junk, because now he drives a black 97 Pontiac Bonneville(it is a beast, for a six cylinder)

I'd go with the Tahoe, better powertrains, better interiors, better looks. Hell, you could even get a Tahoe Hybrid if you felt so inclined.

Funny you mention it because I just found out today that they offer the Tahoe in a Hybrid version. I'm gonna look further into it because I'd be really into that. Im guessing its gonna cost at least 4K more though.

And I agree completely that it looks better than the Expedition.

You won't see the Chevy Tahoe's in show rooms till early next year even though they were scheduled to be release in the Fall of '07. Just letting you know.

With regard to a hybrid, be careful. If you're looking to have this car long term (significantly longer than the warranty), hybrid parts will be much more expensive should you require work on the vehicle.

Then again, I would hope that within the next 5 years, hybrids will be more commonplace than today...thus less expensive for parts (depending on whether we end up switching to alternate fuel sources).