Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Beck

Featured Replies

Excellent. I'm actually excited to watch a Dolphins game.

Good. Going into Philly for first ever start. Not going to be easy. And to be honest I'm not expecting much. But at least we are working towards the future now.

Heck yes! Get Beck ready for next season so when Ronnie Brown comes back the two of them are ready to put up numbers.

What's the difference between starting him this week instead of last week? Did Cam really think he could win with Cleo at QB against the Bills? We should have started Beck last week against a depleted Bills defense., not against B-Dawk, Lito , the Freak, and Co.

At least Chatman should be able to help with the load. I can't imagine how f***ed he'd be (even more than he is already) if we didn't have a decent running game.

  • Author

At least Chatman should be able to help with the load. I can't imagine how f***ed he'd be (even more than he is already) if we didn't have a decent offensive line.

At least Chatman should be able to help with the load. I can't imagine how f***ed he'd be (even more than he is already) if we didn't have a decent offensive line.

wow, can't believe you won't give Chatman any credit. Obviously you haven't been watching the games. He's been cutting and juking irregardless of the line. He has a great ability to find the hole and get himself out of trouble

  • Author

At least Chatman should be able to help with the load. I can't imagine how f***ed he'd be (even more than he is already) if we didn't have a decent offensive line.

wow, can't believe you won't give Chatman any credit. Obviously you haven't been watching the games. He's been cutting and juking irregardless of the line. He has a great ability to find the hole and get himself out of trouble

 

I didnt mean for it to seem like I was giving him no credit, but without the huge change in how the OLine has played, Brown and Chatman dont nearly look the way they have this year. Id say the OLine is the main reason for the runing game working so much better and the oline will certainly help Beck in two regards (running game, pass protection)

At least Chatman should be able to help with the load. I can't imagine how f***ed he'd be (even more than he is already) if we didn't have a decent offensive line.

wow, can't believe you won't give Chatman any credit. Obviously you haven't been watching the games. He's been cutting and juking irregardless of the line. He has a great ability to find the hole and get himself out of trouble

 

I didnt mean for it to seem like I was giving him no credit, but without the huge change in how the OLine has played, Brown and Chatman dont nearly look the way they have this year. Id say the OLine is the main reason for the runing game working so much better and the oline will certainly help Beck in two regards (running game, pass protection)

Ok, acceptable.

At least Chatman should be able to help with the load. I can't imagine how f***ed he'd be (even more than he is already) if we didn't have a decent offensive line.

wow, can't believe you won't give Chatman any credit. Obviously you haven't been watching the games. He's been cutting and juking irregardless of the line. He has a great ability to find the hole and get himself out of trouble

 

 

product of the system that cameron runs if you notice it works very well and the line has played very well into the system.

 

 

Now the real question is does Cameron feel that he is ready to start or was his hand forced into it really.

 

I think his hand was forced personally.

 

 

 

Either way it will tell us little even if he does struggle a lot. Remember young QB's take time and even Manning was crappy at first (not comparing him to peyton that is way unfair).

I would've waited til the Jets game on dec. 2 (?). No need to rush at all, and I think this is just more appeasing the fans rather than getting him experience.

I would've waited til the Jets game on dec. 2 (?). No need to rush at all, and I think this is just more appeasing the fans rather than getting him experience.

 

and thats why youre not an NFL coach.

 

He needed to start last game.

Why does Beck's age matter so much to people? If he can be our franchise Qb till he is 34, that gives us 7 years of having a consistant Qb. I doubt we will make a mistake of not drafting another qb till he is ineffective.

I did not realize Beck was so old...suck suck suck.

His age means dick unless he plays 10 years and if he plays here that long, I'd say things went fairly well.

Why does Beck's age matter so much to people? If he can be our franchise Qb till he is 34, that gives us 7 years of having a consistant Qb. I doubt we will make a mistake of not drafting another qb till he is ineffective.

 

He's not gonna be any good the first few years so that leaves us with 5 years...hardly qualifies as franchise QB. If we stick with him for the next 7 years, thats another 7 years of mediocre football for the Dolphins, because he sure as hell won't be a great QB.

I agree that he should have started after like week 4. Since this season has been meaningless since week 7 or so, we should take advantage of this opportunity and get him some playing time. Then hopefully we can start off better next year.

Why does Beck's age matter so much to people? If he can be our franchise Qb till he is 34, that gives us 7 years of having a consistant Qb. I doubt we will make a mistake of not drafting another qb till he is ineffective.

 

He's not gonna be any good the first few years so that leaves us with 5 years...hardly qualifies as franchise QB. If we stick with him for the next 7 years, thats another 7 years of mediocre football for the Dolphins, because he sure as hell won't be a great QB.

So I guess you can predict the future now, right? :rolleyes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.