Coffee Break

Bradcore

Guest FishFanInPA

You guys need to lay off Pierre. He is a newb, he doesn't really get it yet.

Have you not heard? His member number is lower than yours man. The guy obviously knows what's up.

His member is also a lot smaller then yours as well.

corbusier never made skyscraper. get the facts right at least.

I know. I'm such a tool.

Le Corbusier loved Manhattan... He once proposed replacing a large part of the center of Paris with 18 sixty-story towers; that made headlines too.

"Modern town planning comes to birth with a new architecture," he wrote in a book titled simply Urbanisme... People would live in hygienic, regimented high-rise towers, set far apart in a parklike landscape... Above all, everything should be done on a big scale — big buildings, big open spaces, big urban highways.

He called it La Ville Radieuse, the Radiant City. Despite the poetic title, his urban vision was authoritarian, inflexible and simplistic. Wherever it was tried — in Chandigarh by Le Corbusier himself or in Brasilia by his followers — it failed.

Source: Time Magazine

What? WHAT??

The Cartesian sky-scraper, designed by Le Corbusier in 1938, is a type of tower building known for its modern and rational design. This type of modern administration building has its source in the first sketches for the Pavillon de L'Esprit Nouveau in 1919, which proposes a cruciform form for skyscrapers, radiating light and stability.

:o

United Nations Headquarters: The committee considered 50 different designs before arriving at a decision. The basis for the final design was based on Le Corbusier's design, known as "Scheme 23A."

Maybe if you studied more you'd know about these minor details of his career? :confused

How can you not tell that she's seventeen? At the very least, you should have been able to guess within a few years, which would still make her too young for ya.

1. My co-worker is a friend of the manager so she called and asked.

2. I was assuming she was around 19 or 20 which would not be too young for me.

Young whores try to look older now. I was getting wings a week ago and my girlfriends dad told the girl to get him whichever beer she likes most. She stared and said, wellllll, Im only 18 so I cant drink, so I dont know. I couldve sworn she was 24.

that and considering he never had a legit convo with her, he couldn't tell if she was more mature than a HS senior

I'm 21 and I still would have gone for it

21-17 is fine in my book. Hell, 22-17 would be borderline. But 26-17 is outrageous.

Yeah but 26-18 is not outrageous.

Bro when I was 25 I was dating a smoking hot 18 year old who was half Croatian and half Filipino.

Win.

In my opinion, the extravagant heights of Le Corbusier's skyscrapers had no reason for existence apart from the fact that they had become technological possibilities; the open spaces in his central areas had no reason for existence either, since on the scale he imagined there was no motive during the business day for pedestrian circulation in the office quarter. By mating utilitarian and financial image of the skyscraper city to the romantic image of the organic environment, Le Corbusier had, in fact, produced a sterile hybrid.

Yea but yankeefan, did you know that Le Corbusier taught at his old school in La-Chaux-de-Fonds during World War I, not returning to Paris until the war was over. During these four years in Switzerland, he worked on theoretical architectural studies using modern techniques. Among these was his project for the "Dom-ino" House (1914-1915). This model proposed an open floor plan consisting of concrete slabs supported by a minimal number of thin, reinforced concrete columns around the edges, with a stairway providing access to each level on one side of the floor plan.

I bet you didn't know all that!

I bet you didn't know all that!

Ha! Not only did I know all that, but I could also add that in the first issue of the journal, in 1920, Charles-Edouard Jeanneret adopted, Le Corbusier, an altered form of his maternal grandfather's name, "Lecorb?sier", as a pseudonym, reflecting his belief that anyone could reinvent oneself. Some architectural historians claim that this pseudonym translates as "the crow-like one." Adopting a single name to identify oneself was in vogue by artists in many fields during that era, especially among those in Paris.

How can you not tell that she's seventeen? At the very least, you should have been able to guess within a few years, which would still make her too young for ya.

1. My co-worker is a friend of the manager so she called and asked.

2. I was assuming she was around 19 or 20 which would not be too young for me.

Find out when her birthday is. If its coming up soon, then you can still go after her.