DP combo amongst best in baseball

Eddie Altamonte

Offensively yeah, defensively...not so much

:D still think hanley is a good defender. Hitting they may be the two best in the game. Both young and both have great power.

they are not even the best 2 in the division

see philly

I think it's pretty damn equal. And bring the experience factor in... Wait 'til Hanley and Uggla have more service time under their belts.

Offensively yeah, defensively...not so much

:D still think hanley is a good defender. Hitting they may be the two best in the game. Both young and both have great power.

they are not even the best 2 in the division

see philly

I think it's pretty damn equal. And bring the experience factor in... Wait 'til Hanley and Uggla have more service time under their belts.

I think age is most important. While I think Chase and Rollins are a good combo I would take the youth to have my DP team. I know it isn't about best value, but how can you not look at value when evaluting the topic

Right now I'd probably rather have Rollins on my team because of the fact that he plays great defense and he's a good hitter (he's a little overrated at the plate, but still one of the best hitting shortstops in the game). I say that because his power numbers are kinda lopsided because he plays in a sardine box for 81 games and he's never hit above .300 in a full season. Plus, his OBP isn't eye-popping either.

Hanley on the other hand is the best hitting shortstop in MLB but his defense is among the worst in the league.

So right now I'll take the very good hitter + great fielder (Rollins) over the best hitter and worst fielder (Hanley)

Rollins, in my mind, is not that much better, at all, than Hanley Ramirez, but right now the fielding kinda does it for me.

I feel pretty confident that Hanley can improve his defense to be an average to above average fielder. Probably not gold glove caliber, but good enough. And when that does happen (could be as early as this year), I'll easily take Hanley over Rollins, but until that day Rollins is who I'd rather have

And as far as Uggla and Utley, that goes without saying. Utley is just a monster.

I've said this before, maybe even in this thread, but a good third baseman makes Hanley a much better shortstop in an instant, and Uggla at 2nd as well.

If Castillo can play the position well defensively I really don't care what he does with the bat. Of course I want him to succeed at the plate but to me he's here to shore up the infield otherwise let's get someone who can. And it isn't Cantu.

Hanley is offe the charts offensively, ok defensively.

Uggla is overrated offensively and terrible defensively. He barely have an OPS over .800 and struck out damn near 170 times. He has great power but hell Shelly Duncan can put up 30+ homers and 170+ strikeouts with 600 ABs.

I'm just keeping it real.

you know what keeping it real is...tee times with the marlins the day after the season ended

Uggla is overrated offensively and terrible defensively. He barely have an OPS over .800 and struck out damn near 170 times. He has great power but hell Shelly Duncan can put up 30+ homers and 170+ strikeouts with 600 ABs.

Uggla was far from terrible in the field. He was one of the most solid second basemen in the league, actually.

Usually to be overrated offensively, you have to get some respect to begin with.

Just to be clear, Uggla led all major league second basemen in runs, doubles, home runs, and was fourth in RBI as a 2-hitter...

And what exactly are you expecting offensively from your major league minimum earning 2B?

Power is power. 30+ homers from your 2B is golden. I think if you just show Dan Uggla some love he might surprise you.

Uggla is the man. I don't know how he could be overrated. He is what he is: a power freak who is going to strike out a lot, but still will give u 30+ bombs each year, 40+ doubles, and drive in a lot of runs (yeah, for being in the second spot). And his defense was not all that bad, he is just not Castillo. But then again, Uggla could hit more hrs in a week than Luis did in all of his career.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.