Super Bowl XLII Discussion

Orlando Rays

It's coming in two weeks minus one day's time. Tom Brady vs. Eli Manning.

Tom Brady beat the Giants (barely) in Week 17, but not for a lack of trying from Eli with his four touchdown passes.

The Giants haven't lost on the road since Week 1, against the Cowboys, who they took revenge against in the Divisional Round.

It's the team of destiny versus a team on a mission. The immovable object against the irresistible force.

If this turns into a Patriots blowout, I'm gonna be disappointed. Otherwise I really don't care.

I actually wanted the Packers to beat the Giants, but looking back on it...If the Packers made it the the Super Bowl, it probably would have been a blowout by the Pats. At least we know the Giants can compete with the Pats and make the game interesting. I still think the Pats will win, but the Giants are one of the few teams in the league that have a legit shot at overthrowing them.

Line opened at Pats (-13) which is pretty large... It could go either way though.. Should be an interesting game

I could see the giants winning, and I could see the pats winning by 2 TD's. I think if the receivers get more shots downfield and the faulk and Laurance keep it up they will be hard to stop.

very few times in a man's life is there the opportunity to encounter perfection. Let the story conclude and may this Team take it's place in history. The Patriots perfect season will never be forgotten. Patriots will eliminate their final obstacle. The legend wil begin

:rolleyes:

just for this post alone i want the giants to win

Line opened at Pats (-13) which is pretty large... It could go either way though.. Should be an interesting game

I was thinking it'd be Pats -10.

Yea me too... What I plan to do is wait it out.. Let everyone pounce on the G-Man and then load on the Pats if the Line drops to 9.5 :thumbup

I was thinking it'd be Pats -10.

Yea me too... What I plan to do is wait it out.. Let everyone pounce on the G-Man and then load on the Pats if the Line drops to 9.5 :thumbup

Any number on the over/under yet?

That seems really high. I can see a 40.5 or even a 45.5 but 53.5 I have a feeling it will be a low scoring game...

No way. It's in a retractable roof in a relatively mild clime. And with the 73-point total last time, 53.5 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Agreed.

Me thinks this will be a lot like the Pats-Panthers Superbowl.

That seems really high. I can see a 40.5 or even a 45.5 but 53.5 I have a feeling it will be a low scoring game...

No way. It's in a retractable roof in a relatively mild clime. And with the 73-point total last time, 53.5 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

Agreed.

Me thinks this will be a lot like the Pats-Panthers Superbowl.

The DLine for Giants are the best in the league I think, but the DB's are not good. I think the pats will go down field a lot and the Giants might not be able to keep it close. Eli has played well, but with pressure and having to throw it IDK if he can do it.

The DLine for Giants are the best in the league I think, but the DB's are not good. I think the pats will go down field a lot and the Giants might not be able to keep it close. Eli has played well, but with pressure and having to throw it IDK if he can do it.

While I agree that the secondary of the Giants is suspect, they did a pretty good job against two very good passing O's [Pack and Cowboys] AND proved to be pretty solid against the Pats in their last showing. Also, their run D is going to be really tough on Maroney.

On the flip side, Brady looked pretty bad last weekend. He's going to have to settle for high percentage short-yardage passes which might work in the Giants favor.

I don't know. I'm sure the Pats are going to win and break my heart but the Giants have a legitimate shot at this. If they can control the clock with a steady dose of Jacobs and Bradshaw mixed in with a couple of deep tosses to Burress and Toomer [with a couple of deep attempts to butter-hands Smith to keep the D honest], I think the Giants may actually win.