Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teal Tower

Featured Replies

I know this was brought up a few years back but I was just wondering though with the new ballpark hopefully on it's way would you guys like to see the Teal tower some how intergrated into the new stadium? Now personally i've never been able to go to a Home Marlins game as I live over here in Califorina but i'd love to see it in the new stadium. It's just a big part of Marlins history that having them play in a ballpark without it just seems wrong.

Hopefully there is another Teal Monster in the new stadium. It'd be nice for old times sake and a bit of continuity. I could go without the Bermuda Triangle, however.

Hopefully there is another Teal Monster in the new stadium. It'd be nice for old times sake and a bit of continuity. I could go without the Bermuda Triangle, however.

 

 

No way the Bermuda Triangle is what gives us an edge over other teams not use to it plus it gives our pitchers an additional edge.

The Teal Tower MUST be there, in some form or fashion. It could undergo a remodeling though. I like the Bermuda Triangle as well. The dimensions don't have to be the same but we should keep that in the new park as well.

If Loria has it his way, it will be the "orange" tower. I have a bad feeling that the teal will be phased out in favor of his favorite color as the Florida Marlins become the Miami Marlins.

I know I sound unoriginal, but I'd like to see the new ballpark retain both the dimensions (with Bermuda Triangle) and fence height with the Teal Tower. Dolphin Stadium has some interesting quirks to it that are unique. For example, I loved how A-Gon's homerun in Game 4 against the Yanks just inched over the left field fence, and had it been 10 feet to the right, it would have been against the wall, but ten feet to the left and it would have been foul.

 

And please, please, please, NO ORANGE. I think Marlins fans have had enough torture with orange seats over the years. Teal is a great color, and pretty unique to the Marlins. No need to change what is already good.

I know I sound unoriginal, but I'd like to see the new ballpark retain both the dimensions (with Bermuda Triangle) and fence height with the Teal Tower. Dolphin Stadium has some interesting quirks to it that are unique. For example, I loved how A-Gon's homerun in Game 4 against the Yanks just inched over the left field fence, and had it been 10 feet to the right, it would have been against the wall, but ten feet to the left and it would have been foul.

 

And please, please, please, NO ORANGE. I think Marlins fans have had enough torture with orange seats over the years. Teal is a great color, and pretty unique to the Marlins. No need to change what is already good.

 

"Gonzo's Gap" - One of the greatest games I've been to... Particularly because of the Yankees fans who were talking smack in front of us the entire game only to have to eat crow as they left the section without another word. Priceless!!

I just want there to be an open section of the stadium with a lot of palm trees like the Orange Bowl had so you feel like you're in Miami and not the middle of nowhere like at DS. Also, it would be nice if the seats were blue as opposed to orange or teal. Space Coast Stadium has teal seats and they look horrible.

Is the Teal Tower the same as the Teal Monster?

 

The Teal Monster isn't a tower. I think people are confused with the Teal Tower in the Stadium model from a few years ago.

I know I sound unoriginal, but I'd like to see the new ballpark retain both the dimensions (with Bermuda Triangle) and fence height with the Teal Tower. Dolphin Stadium has some interesting quirks to it that are unique. For example, I loved how A-Gon's homerun in Game 4 against the Yanks just inched over the left field fence, and had it been 10 feet to the right, it would have been against the wall, but ten feet to the left and it would have been foul.

 

And please, please, please, NO ORANGE. I think Marlins fans have had enough torture with orange seats over the years. Teal is a great color, and pretty unique to the Marlins. No need to change what is already good.

 

"Gonzo's Gap" - One of the greatest games I've been to... Particularly because of the Yankees fans who were talking smack in front of us the entire game only to have to eat crow as they left the section without another word. Priceless!!

 

Probably THE best game I've ever attended, considering the historic events (Gonzo's shot, Clemens' "last game", Cabrera's major step toward greatness). I rate that game as the best I've seen live, over game 7 in '97.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.